Melsea's short cruise adventures Day 1 E304

Reports about cruises on Oceana

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Melsea's short cruise adventures Day 1 E304

Post by melsea »

Here we are on board Oceana. Checked in and boarded by midday. Impressed so far as we are in the priority brigade. We have had lunch in the Ligurian Restaurant which was a buffet of hot & cold food. Very nice it was too. Champagne and & wine flowing. It's now 13.28 and we have just been told our cabin is ready.

Melsea

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Melsea's short cruise adventures Day 1 E304

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Melsea, looking forward to further reports.

Sue

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Great to hear we have always found check-in painless - enjoy your cruise and keep reporting :wave:
Jenni

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

I will do my best to log on and report for duty....

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

"Short Cruise"????

I thought it was a W Med itinerary?

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Well it all started well until we arrived at our cabin A341 at just after 1.30.
Good thing though was that all but one case were with us.
The cabin is smaller than we have had before this on itself is not an issue, we were on a getaway fare OD grade this cabin as a one grade upgrade. I wonder how small the others are. Also this cabin has a Pullman for one more person but the space of the cabin really is not enough for this. We have been in a extra large cabin that has a soda for an extra person and the cupboard & wardrobe space is good but this one is a tad too small.
The tv was on on our arrival & we wanted to turn sound down, the remote was filthy. Our in cabin phone was disgusting the dirt around the buttons was absolutely caked. So remote & phone sent away tone cleaned, including the kettle, actually that was changed as the dust on the ridge inside of it there is shelf bit, yuk. If the items above we're not in the state they were we may have not started to examine the rest if the cabin. On inspection the wood part of the headboard had what looked like a smear of glue. For the record we have never been in such s dirty, filthy cabin before, it felt like it has not been used for a while or even cleaned. So hopefully they will sort it.
We thought this is probably not usual and nothing else will go wrong. Famous last word eh. Well getting ready for dinner OH had shower, he noticed the water wasn't running away easily so held back on the water. When he finished and opened curtain the floor of the bathroom floor was flooded. Towels thrown down and immediately soggy towels and it was squelchy. You had to dry you feet each time you went in. I was having a quick nap at the time. We have no phone to report this so OH with towel round him goes into corridor to get help. All this commotion meant I could not shower.
Pause for breath. When ready we go to Tiffany's for a pre dinner drink & people watched. Dinner for us is 2nd sitting in Adriatic table 173 table for 8. It's an oval one which is not ideal with me having one ear just for decoration & other with a hearing aid. Table companions seem nice and conversation flowed with just one being rather quiet, could be for a number of reasons, not hearing well or just couldn't get a word in. Table position is odd as it feels like you are in a corridor.
Will keep you posted.

Topic author
melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

We are in a very sunny and fairly warm Barcelona. Have just been on the hop on hop off bus which I purchased before I left and I got it around £5 cheaper.

Oceana is lovely despite our first days of being on her.
Cannot fault the food in either the MDR or Cafe Jardin which is good and the evening menus are similar to the ones you get in MPW on Aurora's Cafe Bordeaux, no pizza in sight. Sows are good and decor is excellent throughout & since the last time I was on here was 2004 it's looks good.
Anyway this is just a quick write up am in the Apple store using their wifi.

More later I hope, Cannes tomorrow...

Return to “Oceana Cruise Reports”