Future bookings

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Future bookings

Post by Whynd1 »

Received a flyer from Bolsover this morning to say that both Cunard and P and O will be taking bookings this March for 2018/19 winter cruises and world cruises.

Such a long time ahead to make a booking of that length of time.

I have bookings up to October 2018 and that's quite far enough for me.

Also see in the Daily Telegraph that Thomas Cook are to close more branches.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Future bookings

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Yes we've had an email from P&O. First time we're eligible to book early and there's nothing we need!

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

I'm sure that we booked our world cruise on Aurora some years back at least 18-20 months ahead of our departure. After all, March 2018 is only a year away. We also booked cruises to Greenland and the east coast USA well ahead, as, a few years ago, these cruises booked up very early. Not so these days.Back then there was usually just the one cruise to these parts of the world each year. I remember waiting for the phone call from our TA to see if we had secured a booking and having to provide a list of our preferred cabins to them. Thankfully our TA always secured our first choice of cabin but it was often a fraught wait.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Whynd1 wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 10:52
Received a flyer from Bolsover this morning to say that both Cunard and P and O will be taking bookings this March for 2018/19 winter cruises and world cruises.

Such a long time ahead to make a booking of that length of time.

I have bookings up to October 2018 and that's quite far enough for me.

Also see in the Daily Telegraph that Thomas Cook are to close more branches.

Lindsey
Lindsey this is standard practice for all cruise lines. I like many others book on day one to get the best deal and the cabin we want. We have in the past few years got up to 25% off by doing this. Our Jan. 2018 Ventura cruise is now £2200 more expensive per person than whe we booked in April 16.

That is why people book so early.

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Gosh Dai that's a huge price hike per person.

It certainly pays in most instances to book early.
I have to suffer the single supplement so I do try to book early when our group decides what's it going .

Lindsey

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Whynd1 wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 12:07
Gosh Dai that's a huge price hike per person.

It certainly pays in most instances to book early.
I have to suffer the single supplement so I do try to book early when our group decides what's it going .

Lindsey
It's huge as it's for a suite but it is still £20 per person per night cheaper than our first cruise in 2001.

All my comments about booking early elate to couples. I honestly do not know the cheapest way to book for singles. I think you just have to look for deals.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Well we took the plunge and pre-registered with Bolsover yesterday for N901, Ventura 28 night round trip to the Caribbean.
Nothing like getting away from the UK in the winter months to a bit of hot sunshine.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

towny44 wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 09:50
Well we took the plunge and pre-registered with Bolsover yesterday for N901, Ventura 28 night round trip to the Caribbean.
Nothing like getting away from the UK in the winter months to a bit of hot sunshine.
Unfortunately I was over ruled on that on as we are doing N801. We have gone for the 14 night in March. It's cheap. 8-)

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

daib GC wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 10:26
Unfortunately I was over ruled on that on as we are doing N801. We have gone for the 14 night in March. It's cheap. 8-)
Is that the Canaries cruise Dai ? We considered that one but thought we would do one more Caribbean cruise before we can no longer obtain annual travel insurance. The Canary cruise certainly looked like good value.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

towny44 wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 18:14
daib GC wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 10:26
Is that the Canaries cruise Dai ? We considered that one but thought we would do one more Caribbean cruise before we can no longer obtain annual travel insurance. The Canary cruise certainly looked like good value.
Very wise, the cruise to Iberia 9th of Dec. I think looks good value as well. Suite down to about £139 pp pn. I got over ruled on that one as well. Someone would miss all her Christmas nights out. There is another one in early Nov. But we would only have bee back a couple of weeks from the cruise before.

:D
Last edited by daib GC on 22 Mar 2017, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”