Cruise Cancelled

Topics that are specific to cruising

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Cruise Cancelled

Post by CaroleF »

We weren't sure until last evening whether we'd be able to cruise in February or March so this morning I phoned Bolsover, hadn't pre-registered, and after hanging on for 35 minutes was able to book for the Canaries cruise 14 nights on 23 February. We were able to book an aft suite for less than £3000pp and with £300pp OBC. We have had the same suite once before on Oceana and the aft suites are huge, a real treat. As a matter of interest it seemed that most of the suites and aft mini suites are available. P&O were stating that booking doesn't open until 11am but I was able to book a specific cabin at about 9.30. The difference in price between the full suites (there are only six on Oceana) and the aft minisuites was only a couple of hundred. I don't know about the midship minis which we don't like as they are much smaller than those at the back but amazingly are priced higher than those at the back - I suppose you always pay more for midship cabins. I imagine the prices for the inside and outside cabins - or whatever they are now calling them - must be really good.
Carole

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 09:06
Stephen wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 07:18
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 14:36
The scramble begins. Bolsover have started taking Pre-Registrations. With some prices that look like amazing bargains if you're an inside cabin person.
Never going to happen.
If Oceana's balconies are as tiny and dark as some say, then you might as well be in an inside cabin.
Nor us. The balconies are smaller than some but they're still daylight and air. We like the midships minis which are very similar to the suites on Azura but Oceana is our least favourite P&O ship and we're already fully committed in both time and money next year. Otherwise at those prices we'd have been tempted to get the clown suit packed!
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 20 Aug 2019, 10:49, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 09:06
Stephen wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 07:18
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 14:36
The scramble begins. Bolsover have started taking Pre-Registrations. With some prices that look like amazing bargains if you're an inside cabin person.
Never going to happen.
If Oceana's balconies are as tiny and dark as some say, then you might as well be in an inside cabin.
Had a standard balcony cabin on Oceana years ago John. I wouldn't book another one. We weren't over keen on Oceana generally.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We like Oceana and have found the balconies to be perfectly adequate. There can be some problems with the forward lifts in the evening with so many passengers going between the theatre and the balcony.

Pleased to see her back here for a while but I’m not sure that we can squeeze one of these replacement cruises in.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I don't do adequate ;)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Less than adequate ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

That's the one

JillD66
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by JillD66 »

We've booked the Caribbean cruise on Oceana and managed to get a mini suite. Unable to get one of the aft cabins with large balconies but we are mid ships. Googled Oceana cabins and found a mini suite video. Although balcony not very deep it's twice as long and the cabin area looks spacious
And we get a box of choccies and some fizz so we won't starve! Price was very good with £650 50p OBC.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We had one of those for a three nighter a while ago. Loved it.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”