cruising for 2016

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

cruising for 2016

Post by Whynd1 »

I see that some cruise companies brochure's are out for 2016. Anybody know when P and O brochures will be made available.

Lindsey

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: cruising for 2016

Post by barney »

alledgedly, around 26th march
Empty vessels .. and all that

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Some of the itineraries are being quoted on another forum Cruise Critic. I believe March 26th was mentioned as brochure launch.

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

The itineraries on are on Iglu Cruise site. If you type an approximate cruise number, say J614 (arcadia) into their search box top right, the cruise shows.

U69810Z
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by U69810Z »

I got a P&O brochure for March 2016 - March 2017 through the post today.

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

Got mine today, too. Too late, P&O - already have two cruises booked for next year - months ago!

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

U69810Z wrote:
And a pretty miserable excuse for a brochure it is too!
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Trust you noted that Adonia's new and exciting cruises are not included ... but that they will be announced at a later date.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

GillD46 wrote:
U69810Z wrote:
And a pretty miserable excuse for a brochure it is too!
isn't it just?

Hardly going to fly off the travel agents' shelves is it? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Meg
x

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

The full brochure is available to download on an iPad using the P&O app.
Brian

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Having read through the ' abbreviated ' version we could probably give the full version a miss ... same old same it seemed and even less itineraries that would appeal to us.

Apart from the unknown possibilities on Adonia think I feel another Riverboat Cruise coming on.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Normal size brochure has just been delivered but still can't see anything to do with Adonia in it.

Seabird
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Seabird »

Manoverboard wrote:
Having read through the ' abbreviated ' version we could probably give the full version a miss ... same old same it seemed and even less itineraries that would appeal to us.

Apart from the unknown possibilities on Adonia think I feel another Riverboat Cruise coming on.

My reaction exactly!!

Not holding my breath for the "World Cruise" series of two week "bus" trips either.

Sadly it looks like it's time to move on.

Seabird

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Having never done the Baltic's were looking at J607 in June 16, it sails 4 days after my retirement so would fit nicely.
Mel

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Had a quick look through and was decidedly unimpressed. There are plenty of trips going to Rome and Venice but it's just more of the same old, same old with little by way of variation.
I like P&O but if this is the best they can come up with I may be looking elsewhere. Fred does some good itineraries, plus there are departures from Liverpool and Newcastle, but the ships look like right rust buckets so I'm not so sure. Never say never though.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

oldbluefox wrote:
Had a quick look through and was decidedly unimpressed. There are plenty of trips going to Rome and Venice but it's just more of the same old, same old with little by way of variation.
I like P&O but if this is the best they can come up with I may be looking elsewhere. Fred does some good itineraries, plus there are departures from Liverpool and Newcastle, but the ships look like right rust buckets so I'm not so sure. Never say never though.
C&M have a new ship the Magellen, ex Carnival 46,000 out of the Tyne. Not sure when it starts.

What about the Greek Isles from Southampton???.

All the cruise lines are going to be a bit restricted if they cannot use North Africa or the Black Sea.

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I would love to do the Greek isles from Southampton and have never understood why P and O didn't do something like it with one of their smaller ships.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Whynd1 wrote:
I would love to do the Greek isles from Southampton and have never understood why P and O didn't do something like it with one of their smaller ships.

In that case you want Oriana 17th July x611 with at least 5 ports not seen much if ever. Only thing is that it is 21 nights. Never seen anything like this before. It will be popular.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Whynd1 wrote:

Yes there are 4 Greek Isles cruises, 2 with Ventura and 2 with Azura.

They look good but we already have our 4 sorted for the year.

Next year

Dai

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

daib GC wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
C&M have a new ship the Magellen, ex Carnival 46,000 out of the Tyne. Not sure when it starts.

What about the Greek Isles from Southampton???.

All the cruise lines are going to be a bit restricted if they cannot use North Africa or the Black Sea.
I must admit I was quite impressed by what I saw of C&M in the Quest Mighty Ships programmes. I shall certainly be having a look at their itineraries, especially Magellan.
Most of P&O 's Norwegian cruises are just 7 day affairs, their Baltic cruises mainly cover the same ground/sea although I wouldn't mind being in Kiel for Kiel week on Arcadia.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

We are obviously not high enough up the Peninsular club ladder to warrant our own P&O brochure, yet, but we did get one from Bolsover which seems to cover all our needs. We don't find the itineraries boring, but then we don't really cruise to see different ports, we just seek out flat promenades where I can easily push my wifes wheelchair. Our desires are for more variety in the W Med itineraries rather than ones that always include Rome and Florence, and TBH P&O do have more of these than some cruise lines. We are also happy to see that P&O's prices for 2016 seem a lot more reasonable than Princess, their Carnival sibling, and we feel sure that at least one of their itineraries will find favour with us for next year.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

daib GC wrote:
Whynd1 wrote:

In that case you want Oriana 17th July x611 with at least 5 ports not seen much if ever. Only thing is that it is 21 nights. Never seen anything like this before. It will be popular.
I
Popular, do you think so ?

I spotted 3 possible new places ...

Crotone - on the barren boot of Italy, it has a Castle and a Cathedral
Sarande - a delightful beach resort in Albania
Monemvasia - is a large Greek Rock in the sea linked by a causeway but is virtually deserted

There is only one decent Greek Island, that of Corfu. To see the Greek / Turkish Islands and/or small coastal Ports properly P&O would need to base a ship in Crete or similar, like Ocean Village in reality ... albeit flying isn't for everybody of course.

:wave:

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I've had time to have a good look now and yes it's the same old, same old.

So we'll book something looking for places we've been to before and really liked.

I've spotted one in early November down to Spain & Morocco so we'll enjoy the summer sun in our garden with a late holiday to look forward to.
We've done that the last few years and it works for us.

This cruise is on Arcadia so we may well book our usual cabin on the back again.
Nice, large balcony plus Arcadia has a covered pool.
Empty vessels .. and all that

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

We are opting for Oriana Oct 2016. Zadar, Trieste, Crotone to name a few different ports.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I may have found something!!! Oriana August 2016 to Praia da Rocha, Tarragona,Valencia,Cartagena, Malaga and Tangiers plus there's a festival in Malaga. Five new ports for us so that has to be a good favourite.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”