Dining preferences

Topics that are specific to cruising

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Dining preferences

Post by barney »

Suekersh wrote:
We now much prefer freedom dining. Please ourselves when we eat and can choose table size. Mix it up by using select dining once or twice a week. Hubby likes the Indian buffet so I generally join him unless I get a better offer, but that is the only time I eat dinner in there. Lunch usuall MDR or on the balcony, Breakfast is usually room service and twice a week MDR for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on Sunday and Eggs Benedict on Monday.
It sounds like you do EXACTLY what we do Sue

There's me thinking it's just us !
Empty vessels .. and all that

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

barney wrote:
Suekersh wrote:
We now much prefer freedom dining. Please ourselves when we eat and can choose table size. Mix it up by using select dining once or twice a week. Hubby likes the Indian buffet so I generally join him unless I get a better offer, but that is the only time I eat dinner in there. Lunch usuall MDR or on the balcony, Breakfast is usually room service and twice a week MDR for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on Sunday and Eggs Benedict on Monday.
It sounds like you do EXACTLY what we do Sue

There's me thinking it's just us !
We think we are Two of a Kind as well.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Absolutely, Monday breakfast in MDR with eggs benedict is a MUST !! They usually throw one in as a lunch dish too, but on a crumpet. Quite like kedgeree day too - I try for curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

And the rest of the day in the loo!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

It's better if it's a sea day !!

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

qbman1 wrote:
Absolutely, Monday breakfast in MDR with eggs benedict is a MUST !! They usually throw one in as a lunch dish too, but on a crumpet. Quite like kedgeree day too - I try for curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner !!

You'd have loved the function nights in the Officers' and Sergeants' Messes then - the tradition was to serve pea soup and beef curry at 0400 :shock:
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Kedgeree is a must. I'll never forget the first time I had it. As a student ( in the 70s) I was visiting friends in Reading and they suggested we visit the Jazz Festival at the Hexagon? The tickets were a bit pricey (grants were tight!... but far more forgiving than current loan system) but in the end we went. I had no real idea about jazz at the time but it was a memorable night. For me the highlight was an older gentleman who was playing clarinet & saxophone in a side venue. His name was Peanuts Hucko ( I later found out he'd played through the war years with Glen Miller Orchestra & later with Benny Goodman). Anyway as the music finished (4:00am)we prepared to drift off, only to be directed to the breakfast room where champagne & kedgeree were being served ( hence the pricey tickets.)Loved jazz & kedgeree ever since. ( can take or leave champagne, though....probably because I can't afford the good stuff!)

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”