Dining preferences

Topics that are specific to cruising

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Dining preferences

Post by Silver_Shiney »

qbman1 wrote:
Absolutely, Monday breakfast in MDR with eggs benedict is a MUST !! They usually throw one in as a lunch dish too, but on a crumpet. Quite like kedgeree day too - I try for curry for breakfast, lunch and dinner !!

You'd have loved the function nights in the Officers' and Sergeants' Messes then - the tradition was to serve pea soup and beef curry at 0400 :shock:
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Dining preferences

Post by Ranchi »

Kedgeree is a must. I'll never forget the first time I had it. As a student ( in the 70s) I was visiting friends in Reading and they suggested we visit the Jazz Festival at the Hexagon? The tickets were a bit pricey (grants were tight!... but far more forgiving than current loan system) but in the end we went. I had no real idea about jazz at the time but it was a memorable night. For me the highlight was an older gentleman who was playing clarinet & saxophone in a side venue. His name was Peanuts Hucko ( I later found out he'd played through the war years with Glen Miller Orchestra & later with Benny Goodman). Anyway as the music finished (4:00am)we prepared to drift off, only to be directed to the breakfast room where champagne & kedgeree were being served ( hence the pricey tickets.)Loved jazz & kedgeree ever since. ( can take or leave champagne, though....probably because I can't afford the good stuff!)

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”