Celebrity offer

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
Big Bob
Cadet
Cadet

Celebrity offer

Post by Big Bob »

Made an enquiry to TA for Arcadia. Told Celebrity offering buy one second passenger goes half price plus classic drinks package. 8-) It did not matter how I tried to cut the numbers P&O were nowhere near. Competition really is hotting up and we actually prefer celebrity so win win. Surely eventually there must be a loser as one line is forced to contract. In the meantime it's fill your boots time.

Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Celebrity offer

Post by Ray Scully »

Big Bob wrote:
Made an enquiry to TA for Arcadia. Told Celebrity offering buy one second passenger goes half price plus classic drinks package. 8-) It did not matter how I tried to cut the numbers P&O were nowhere near. Competition really is hotting up and we actually prefer celebrity so win win. Surely eventually there must be a loser as one line is forced to contract. In the meantime it's fill your boots time.

Where to and when Bob

Ray

Topic author
Big Bob
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Big Bob »

Ray, they have as whole range but mine is Baltic in June

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

It really is worthwhile contributing to these type of cruise forums, I have just saved £600 on our Baltic cruise next June by cancelling and re-booking under this new offer, and that's after taking account of forfeiting our original deposit and losing our free gratuities.
Not a bad mornings work.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Cruise and Maritime are offering eye wateringly cheapo deals, albeit some of the embarkation dates are getting rather close.

One example is a Med cruise in a Junior Suite, starting price c £3,000, for less than £900 !!!

C&M Special Offers
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

My retort to the continual 'P&O had me over" threads is that they all do it.

There are some truely amazing prices there.

The biggest savings are often at the high luxury end of the market

I've seen cruises with Regent or other high end firms at - was £7,999 - now £1,999

Now that would piddle me off ;)
Empty vessels .. and all that

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Manoverboard wrote:
Cruise and Maritime are offering eye wateringly cheapo deals, albeit some of the embarkation dates are getting rather close.

One example is a Med cruise in a Junior Suite, starting price c £3,000, for less than £900 !!!

C&M Special Offers
Would anyone pay £3k though, I know I wouldn't :roll: not when you could get the equivalent on P&O, Cunard, Celebrity for the same price.
Jo

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

C&M Special Offers
Would anyone pay £3k though, I know I wouldn't :roll: not when you could get the equivalent on P&O, Cunard, Celebrity for the same price.
I was suggesting that you pay £890 not £3,000 ;) ... and I do seriously doubt that you would get a mini-suite on P&O or Cunard etc for that sort of money.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Manoverboard wrote:
Dancing Queen wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

C&M Special Offers
I was suggesting that you pay £890 not £3,000 ;) ... and I do seriously doubt that you would get a mini-suite on P&O or Cunard etc for that sort of money.
I know you were Moby my point though was would anyone pay £3k in the first place and personally I wouldn't for a C&M ship, I would also have to disagree that you wouldn't get a suite on other lines for £3k, I can only speak for what I have booked but we haven't paid more than £3k pp for our forthcoming 14 night Med cruise which wasn't a saver fare or whatever they call them these days, Bolsover have umpteen deals advertised with 'CALL' for a price, the discounts are not openly advertised because Cunard ( in this instance ) will not allow them to do so but the discounts are there if you call.
Jo

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Something seems to have got lost in the translation ;)

I was intending to suggest that it is very unlikely that ' one ' could purchase a mini-suite on a P&O / Cunard ship for a Med cruise, including a return flight, for £890 !

I readily concede that C&M may not appeal to the more ' discerning ' cruiser but they certainly have a range of itineraries and embarkation Terminals that knock spots off anything that P&O or Cunard are able to offer.

There is something out there for everybody and no Line fits all as far as we are concerned.

:wave:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Are you confusing the customers Mob? :lol:
Don't worry, I know what you mean. I too would be very surprised to see a mini suite on P&O/Cunard for £890 including flights but you can live in hope. They are usually all sold out anyway.
Having looked at prices on other cruise lines they all seem to be much the same anyway unless you get a late 'saver' type fare.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Ahhh lost in translation indeed Moby I was reading your post in a very different way ;) I agree it is an excellent offer my point was though would anyone pay £3k to start with when there are ( and this is only my opinion ) much nicer ships out there to spend £3k on but of course that isn't what the thread is about so apologies for the misunderstanding.
Jo

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Ahhh lost in translation indeed Moby I was reading your post in a very different way ;) I agree it is an excellent offer my point was though would anyone pay £3k to start with when there are ( and this is only my opinion ) much nicer ships out there to spend £3k on but of course that isn't what the thread is about so apologies for the misunderstanding.
Got it :clap:

In the spirit of mutual agreement I'll go along with the wisdom of parting carefully with ' one's ' £3Ks :lol:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Manoverboard wrote:
Something seems to have got lost in the translation ;)

I was intending to suggest that it is very unlikely that ' one ' could purchase a mini-suite on a P&O / Cunard ship for a Med cruise, including a return flight, for £890 !

I readily concede that C&M may not appeal to the more ' discerning ' cruiser but they certainly have a range of itineraries and embarkation Terminals that knock spots off anything that P&O or Cunard are able to offer.

There is something out there for everybody and no Line fits all as far as we are concerned.

:wave:
Heck, I'd pay £890 for a suite on C&M

Having just returned from a short break on Magellan, I think they offer excellent value for money

People say they want adult only, small ships with a traditional feel. C&M offer that experience, so I'm not sure why people don't seem willing to try them.
Gill

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”