Cabin Reviews - Oriana

Discussions about anything related to Oriana

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Oriana

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Ship: Oriana
Cabin Number: F205
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: N/A
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 5*****
Comments:

Very quiet, as only pax to go past the door are heading for the 12 cabins beyond this one. We found the settee a bit hard and restricted.

http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... age_id=147
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Peter D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by Peter D »

Cabin Number: D189
Cleanliness: 4****
Balcony: n/a
Bathroom: 3***

An unobstructed outside room. Nice size, beds in twin configuration, this was a good choice giving plenty of room in the cabin. Cabin has 3 wardrobes, 2 full length, dressing unit with 4 big drawers and 3 small drawers and the fridge. TV on top of this unit. 2 bedside tables and a small settee and round table. Bathroom is compact but adequate with a shower and plenty of storage. Only downside is the safe was a little on the small side. The window was large and gave great views outside. The room is ideally located close to the lifts, Tiffany's and Ocean Grill less than 1 minute away, Promenade Deck and the Theatre one floor down and Al Fresco a few floors up. We heard no noise from the public areas.

This was our first time in an outside cabin, it will not be our last.

Photos: http://www.cruise-community.me.uk/galle ... lbum_id=64
Regards

Peter

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Cabin Reviews - Oriana

Post by Manoverboard »

Oriana X221 ... December 2012

A152

Overall Rating: 3*
Cleanliness: 1* ... but see below
Furnishings: 3*
Bathroom: 3*
Stability: 5*
Quiet Cabin?: 5*

A mid ships unobstructed Outside KB category cabin which was compact and lacking in storage space. The wardrobe had a weird front facing slide out clothes rail arrangement which we found cumbersome and there was a lot of wasted space within the structure itself. It and the cabin as a whole were almost inadequate for an 11 day Winter cruise with all the extra clothes involved but it should be ok at other times of the year. One of our two cases had to be stowed away by the Cabin Steward due to a lack of space in any part of the cabin.

There is a small triangular seating arrangement within but we rarely used it and found it more convenient as an additional storage area for our Winter bibs n bobs.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Bearwick
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bearwick »

Has any one stayed in a313. .. Top deck A deck xx

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Bearwick wrote:
Has any one stayed in a313. .. Top deck A deck xx
Nope ... nor willl we because it is directly-ish below the ' Conservatory ' so is liable to be noisy.

Bearwick
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bearwick »

Well I'm sure we will find out

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Cabin Number: B107
Overall Rating: 5*
Cleanliness: 5*
Furnishings: 5*
Balcony: 5*
Bathroom: 5*
Stability: 3*
Quiet Cabin?: 5*

We have just spent 5 weeks in this balcony cabin & the only negative point is the location in very bad weather which I will come to later.
The cabin was very clean & the furnishings showed no sign of any wear or tear except for marks on the lining of the curtain where it was prone to getting trapped in the balcony door & the door of the integrated fridge standing too proud (it didn't affect the fridge working fine). Our steward Raj kept the cabin spic & span every day - the cleanest cabin we have had on all our cruises. There was plenty of hanging space in the 2 wardrobes & plenty of drawer space - enough for 5 weeks worth of clothes! The safe was located in the smaller wardrobe. The drawers were located in a chest of drawers at one side of the bed & in a fitment next to the dressing table near the window. The fitment also included shelves, the TV, fridge & a compartment for drinking glasses. There was also a small table & sofa. Our 4 cases & 2 suit carriers were placed inside each other & fit comfortably under the kingsize bed which was very comfortable.
The balcony was clean with little sign of any rust showing - it was regularly cleaned & 3 weeks into the cruise it was re-painted so it was a pleasure to sit outside.
The bathroom, like the cabin, was spotless, well equipped (had a bath & over bath shower) & everything worked as it should.
The cabin was quiet as it was on B deck Foward - only two other cabins, the Captains office & the Wedding Venue were beyond our door so hardly any through traffic. The only negative point regarding the location was the stability in bad weather. We were unlucky enough to suffer several days of rough seas coming home due to a storm that averaged Force 9 (reaching Force 11/12 on one day). Being Forward we experienced the pitch & thump every time the front of the ship rode a high wave & thumped back down. Oriana being old meant that every part of the cabin creaked loudly during the bad sea days & it was difficult to sleep on some nights but we were just very unlucky with the weather conditions.
We are due to cruise on her again next year although in an outside cabin on A deck this time (12 night Northern Lights). I wouldn't hesitate travelling in a balcony cabin on this ship again - but maybe midships next time!

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Cabin Number: B234
Overall Rating: 5
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 5
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 5
Stability: 5
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments: The largest and best equipped basic grade balcony cabin I have been in on any P&O ship. In spite of the location - just forward of the after staircase/lifts - we were not disturbed by passing traffic. The position of the safe, low down in the wardrobe, so you had to get on your hands & knees to access it, could have been better, but that was about the only minus point.
True, there was a fair bit of creaking (in our case mostly from above the bathroom ceiling) as the ship moved in bad weather, but no worse than many other ships I have been on. The steward was also one of the best we have had; almost invisible most of the time, but always appearing just when you needed him.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Not so ancient mariner wrote:
Cabin Number: B234
Overall Rating: 5
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 5
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 5
Stability: 5
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments: The largest and best equipped basic grade balcony cabin I have been in on any P&O ship. In spite of the location - just forward of the after staircase/lifts - we were not disturbed by passing traffic. The position of the safe, low down in the wardrobe, so you had to get on your hands & knees to access it, could have been better, but that was about the only minus point.
True, there was a fair bit of creaking (in our case mostly from above the bathroom ceiling) as the ship moved in bad weather, but no worse than many other ships I have been on. The steward was also one of the best we have had; almost invisible most of the time, but always appearing just when you needed him.

Yes the safe on Oriana is in a daft place.

Our suite was excellent in June. So I will give it 5.

Gan Canny

Dai

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Re- Manoverboard and noise, we stayed in A317, the position was under the corner of the conservatory/terrace. I would be pleased to stay in that cabin again,it was so quiet and no noise from above. The only noise was the door onto the rear decks which some passengers allowed to swing back as they passed thru but it was not a problem. This door may be more of a disturbance to the cabins next to it.
All I can say about the Oriana rumble is that at no time was it a problem and most of the time was not noticeable. We took dinner in the Oriental resturant.
A lovable ship to sail on, nice wide teak prom decks give it a taste of how cruise ships/Liners were.
Anyone thinking of going on her for the first time think no longer, a ship to be enjoyed.

Ray
Don't worry, be happy

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Ray ... thanks for the correction regarding your cabin.

Would add however that the vibration is still alive and rumbling ' IF ' one is seated on the centre line, specifically table 64 in our own experience, within the Oriental Restaurant.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Cabin Number: E145
Cleanliness: 4****
Bathroom: 3***

E145 - outside midship on E deck - deck 6 with big picture window

Clean and reasonably well furnished and in a good position on the ship
A very short walk to the Peninsula Resturant

The bathroom was small but functional with one of those lovely wrap around shower curtains that gives you a big hug if you're not ready. :crazy:

It is immediately below the Prom deck but we had no noise issues at all

We were allocated this cabin but were pleased with what we got.
Empty vessels .. and all that

MBTScotland
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by MBTScotland »

This is our first time with P&O and we are going on Oriana to the Caribbean - March 25th.
We booked an early saver fare (possibly wrong choice) and an inside cabin as we haven't spent a lot of time in our cabin on previous cruises. We have been allocated C307 and presume that it will be O.K. Has anyone any comments please?

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Can't put your mind at rest about that specific cabin MBT but would assume that they are all pretty much of a muchness

We were allocated ours on a Getaway deal and it was absolutely fine.
It was the first time we had cruised without a balcony and were a tiny bit worried but it just made us spend more time on deck being sociable.

We liked the Oriana. Quite traditional in layout and decor but nice.
Have a great holiday and maybe you'd do a little review on your return, to help others
Empty vessels .. and all that

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Hi MBT
I should think that would be fine. We went to USA on Aurora in an inside in a very similar position. It shouldn't be noisy & will be pretty stable as it's mid ships. Also handy for the laundry so you can iron your socks etc..! The only problem we had on Aurora was the total blackout at night ( you really couldn't see a thing) so we left the bathroom light on with the door closed and a very faint glow let you see enough to move round you cabin ( nip to the loo).
Enjoy it.
Steve
We are on that one too.

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

We've been allocated Cabin C321 on our forthcoming cruise on Oriana. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or near? I notice it is just across from the laundrette. Would appreciate your views.

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

We have been in cabin C320 which is on the Port side and found it very quiet but I wouldn't worry about being opposite the Launderette as we have been opposite the launderette on previous cruises and haven't found it to be a problem with noise. In face it was quite handy if we wanted to iron something.

Barbara x
Barbara x

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you Barbara for your reply. Looking forward to our cruise now. Cases are out.
Rita

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cabin Number: D209
Overall Rating: 4****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 5*****
Bathroom: 5*****

This is a new cabin close to the aft deck. Very large as least 30% larger than the majority of inside cabins. We chose it as we normally have a balcony but they were double the price of an inside and the cabin is close to the terrace pool. There was some juddering at slow speeds getting in and out of ports but generally no problems.
The main disappointment with the cabin was the plumbing issues. Leaks and toilet not flushing. This was a general problem throughout the ship.

Rodsrocker30
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rodsrocker30 »

does anyone know what configuration the beds are in Cabin C216 on oriana

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Delux Outside, FA Grade, in 2016/17 should be whatever you require, ie twin or double.

Determined at time of booking or may be changed to suit via Cruise Personaliser.

I didn't check the Deck Plans for 2015 but will provide a ' link ' if you require one.

ps .... Hello and welcome :wave:

Rodsrocker30
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rodsrocker30 »

Thanks for your reply. What I was actually wondering was were the beds either side of the window in which case there is more room having singles. If they were along the wall then a double bed would be nice.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

This is a deluxe balcony on B deck. I imagine yours would be very similar.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

oldbluefox wrote:
This is a deluxe balcony on B deck. I imagine yours would be very similar.
Exactly the same but without a balcony me thinks ... :roll:

Return to “About Oriana”