Drinks package ventura.

Discussions about anything related to Ventura

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Drinks package ventura.

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:54
The questions are astonishing on P&O pages on Facebook! No surprise there then. But the best has to be along the lines of "my wife and I are both tea total. Do we have to pay?"

There is also some confusion over currency coversion (okay total idiocy). Someone reckons the Princess package ($59.99 plus 15% gratuity) is good value, whereas the P&O package (£40) is a rip off!
I'd put, yes, double :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Stephen wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 12:08
The questions are astonishing on P&O pages on Facebook! No surprise there then. But the best has to be along the lines of "my wife and I are both tea total. Do we have to pay?"

There is also some confusion over currency coversion (okay total idiocy). Someone reckons the Princess package ($59.99 plus 15% gratuity) is good value, whereas the P&O package (£40) is a rip off!
I'd put, yes, double :D
Good answer!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Someone reckons the Princess package ($59.99 plus 15% gratuity) is good value, whereas the P&O package (£40) is a rip off!
A Diane Abbott acolyte?

Topic author
Hoganofon
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Hoganofon »

Stephen wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 17:02
£40 a day sounds allot but when you think about it, it soon mounts up. A drink or two lunchtime, a drink or two before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner and maybe a snifter or three during the rest of the evening and there you go.

Like barney, we still prefer to payg.
Goodness, i only have a bottle of wine probably at the weekend! If i had that much in the day i'd spend most of the cruise trollied & resting lol!!

Topic author
Hoganofon
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Hoganofon »

Suekersh wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 20:36
Stephen wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 18:31
colin parry wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 14:09
For those, who like me, were regular Billi Billi drinkers, don’t despair. An alternative which is now available is a Shiraz called Devlin Mount which is certainly as good as if not better than the aforementioned Billi x2.
Thanks for the heads up Colin :thumbup:
We were Billy Billy Drinkers and tried the Devlins Mount. We may have had a bad bottle but no way did it live up to Billy Billy.

We ended up trying all the reds on the Captains choice package and ended up just drinking White Sauv Blanc called Whakkapapa. This replaced the Stoneburn Sauv Blanc and in our opinion is superior.
These captains package thingy sounds great but can you just have white? RED is migraine inducing for me & husb isn't a fan of wine really. Sauvignon Blanc is my choice, Marlborough usually.

Topic author
Hoganofon
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Hoganofon »

Thank you for all your replies, very amusing! Made me chuckle 😂
I think we'll payg, or get a 6 bottle captains package (sounds interesting 🤣😉) all excited now!! Thanks. Eirian

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Hoganofon wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 17:15
Stephen wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 17:02
£40 a day sounds allot but when you think about it, it soon mounts up. A drink or two lunchtime, a drink or two before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner and maybe a snifter or three during the rest of the evening and there you go.

Like barney, we still prefer to payg.
Goodness, i only have a bottle of wine probably at the weekend! If i had that much in the day i'd spend most of the cruise trollied & resting lol!!

I was just estimating. I drink far more than that :lol: ......only joking. PAYG for us, in moderation.

Return to “About Ventura”