Digital Postcards from Oceania Riviera

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Digital Postcards from Oceania Riviera

Post by oldbluefox »

Solent Richard, I think you misunderstand. The fact I would not pay such an exorbitant price for an insignificant bottle of wine has nothing to do with budget cruising or watching pennies. However, as I said in my earlier post if people are happy to pay the price, the cruise lines will be happy to relieve you of your money. I would personally prefer to spend my money very much differently, choices of which are many and varied.
Ironically enough my football team are proving this season a good example of value for money over the profligacy of the big boys. A fool and his money are soon easily parted. :thumbup:

Topic author
Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
An excellent, well-written blog, Richard.

However you say "There is a cruising world out there and Oceania is up there amongst the best: for which there is a price to be paid." While I agree with that, their markup on wine is totally unacceptable and, if ever we were able to afford an Oceania cruise, we would not be frequently the wine list!
Thank you Silver_Shiny. I try my best.

Each of course to their own on what they want to spend on wines. It's just that I feel it a shame to preclude wine when the food is so good and, judging how busy the sommeliers were on board I was not alone.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

In ' one ' word .... " Pathetic ".

This Topic has been ' Locked ' and pruned to remove the garbage.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”