Columbus Cruise 28th August – 4th September 2017 – Scotland and Faroe Islands

Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Columbus Cruise 28th August – 4th September 2017 – Scotland and Faroe Islands

Post by Kenmo1 »

cruisin_duo wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 18:43
There are so many great reviews on the site at the moment
That is exactly what I thought this afternoon after reading yet another excellent review. It has been well worth logging on recently just to enjoy all the reviews.

Thank you to all those who have taken the time to write such interesting reviews.

Maureen

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Columbus Cruise 28th August – 4th September 2017 – Scotland and Faroe Islands

Post by Gill W »

daib GC wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 20:20
Very interesting Gill, would I be able to cruise with my Mobility Scooter. Was there level access to get off.

We sailed on Arcadia in 2002 and had a great cruise but without the scooter as I was walking then.

Dai
I think you'd be fine getting on and off at Tilbury. The terminal is on one level and the access to the ship is by a long sloped walkway. The gangplank at the ports didn't look particularly scooter friendly - However, there were a couple of scooter users onboard, so the ship must have been generally accessible. It you were thinking of sailing on her, might be worth asking CMV about accessibility
Gill

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We were on this ship when it was the "old" Arcadia in 2003 in the Caribbean Barbados to Acapulco through the Panama Canal it was great one of the best cruises we've been on but I don't fancy going on her as CMV.

BTY thank you for the review was an interesting read!
Last edited by Happydays on 11 Sep 2017, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

We too were on her when she was the old Arcadia in 2001 - exactly 16 years ago today. I remember watching 9/11 on the TV.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We did ' many ' of the Caribbean Ports, they did that in those days ... including poor old wind swept Tortola ... Dec 6th for 14 nights in 2000, or was it 2001 ? Anyhowz and then again as OV in the Greek Islands with James Martin serving our sugar string / strung puds on our Wedding Anniversary day in La Luna, that makes it 2008.

Happy times.

Last edited by Manoverboard on 12 Sep 2017, 08:57, edited 2 times in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

:roll: A useful review for me, as I'm taking my family on the "multi-generational" cruise next July to the Canaries. So, two septuagenarians, two parents in their 40s and one 12 yo and one 10yo.A mixed bunch and first time for Dad and the children. He's not into "formal" but my wife, daughter and 10yo granddaughter certainly are! I just need to wear out my dress suit before I wear out. We are on a table for 6/8 on 1st sitting, but I'm sure we'll be trying the Indian Select at least once. With 5 sea days, the inclusive drinks package looks appealing, even for the children (£12 per day). It's a 15 day cruise rather than the usual 12 day P&O and we get a good 1/2 day in Amsterdam on the 2nd day (picking up Dutch passengers is the reason, I suppose). We have two interconnecting cabins, which may or may not be a good idea. Time will tell! The best thing is that with the early booking offers and £199 per child, it works out around £4500 less than P&O. The real delight will be to see how the children react to cruising!

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Regarding the formal nights, we opted in one night and opted out on the other formal night, and both times felt equally comfortable, so it's probably a good choice for groups with different views on dress code, as neither will feel out of place.

I think Columbus is adults only most of the year, but have some cruises in the summer where children can travel. As far as I'm aware, there weren't any special facilities for children, but I would think they'll lay on additional events for the younger crowd during these multi generational cruises.

It really was great value, and they exceeded my expectations

Hope you all have a great time, and I'll be interested to hear how it went
Gill

Return to “Any Other Cruise Line/Ship”