Koper

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Koper

Post by rita17 »

Just deciding what to do in Koper on our forthcoming cruise. Wondered if anyone has used the HOHO bus?

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Koper

Post by oldbluefox »

Not sure whether you would need the HoHo bus as Koper is very small. When you get off the ship there is a lift which will take you up to a small garden and from there it is a short walk to their main square. Leading from the square is an 'alleyway' with small shops and cafes which eventually opens out into another open space with a fountain and the city walls. Overall it's a small town but very old and quaint.
From there we retraced our steps back to the main square and then headed off to the left towards the sea front with some lovely gardens and a rather nice fountain. From there it was a short walk back to the ship
Koper is a lovely little town but it's a place to wander, relax, have a coffee and chill out as I don't believe there is much else to see and do.
P1010655.JPG
P1010648.JPG
P1010646.JPG
P1010645.JPG

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you for your reply and pictures. It looks a very pretty place and we're looking forward to going there as it's the only port on the cruise which we haven't visited.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

As OBF says it is indeed a very small place, nice enough for sure but it doesn't need a whole day to see it all.

I would suggest therefore that you also consider getting a bus or taxi ( approx 10 miles ) to the delightful seaside resort of Piran in the morning and when you return to do a couple of circuits round Koper itself.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you for the suggestion of Piran. We're travelling with two friends so will put these suggestions to them. Not sure how much time we have in port but hopefully will have time to travel a bit further afield in view of the size of the town.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

rita17 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion of Piran. We're travelling with two friends so will put these suggestions to them. Not sure how much time we have in port but hopefully will have time to travel a bit further afield in view of the size of the town.
The port times are not easy to find but one of the first things I do when we get on board is to go to reception and ask for the scheduled port arrival and departure times. The time ashore will be about 30 minutes less than these after arriving and before departing. The tours desk will also help you with information about berthing locations.

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you. I'll do that. I looked on cruisett and cruise timetables but they weren't any help.

Return to “Europe”