Murano DIY

Cruising destinations in Europe

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Murano DIY

Post by rita17 »

Thinking of trying DIY to Murano. Can anyone tell me if there is a Vaporetti from Piazzale Roma or can offer info how to get there. Many thanks.

Rita

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Murano DIY

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Yes there is. We did this trip back in May. You can find the times on the ACTV website: http://www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/wa ... etimetable
There are a couple of routes that go direct. For one of them the pick up point is round to the left from the manin piers at Piazzale Roma. We bought a day pass and did a round tour. First to Murano, then number 7 direct to San Marco/Santa Zaccheria (nice trip, no stops) and then later back up the Grand Canal to Piazzale Roma.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Rita

I'm sure Mr Z Scranton won't mind me using his route planner.

Regards

OL

From Burano, you would take the 12 to the Fondamente Nove stop, and then switch to the 4.1 or 4.2 back to San Marco.

The 4.1 and 4.2 cover the same route..the 4.1 runs the route counter clockwise, the 4.2 runs the route clockwise.

If you can conveniently walk to the Fondamente Nove stop, your ride out to Murano will be MUCH shorter than if you leave from San Marco, Leaving from San Marco on the 4.1, Murano is the 11th stop. Leaving from San Marco on the 4.2, it's the 13th stop. From Fondamente Nove, it's only two stops.

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you both for your replies. I think it's what we'll do when in Venice as it's our third time there and would like to see more.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

rita17 wrote:
... I think it's what we'll do when in Venice as it's our third time there and would like to see more.
Seeing more is easy ...

Thomas Cook's Traveller's Guide to Venice ( e-Bay for a few £££s ) will offer you 15 walking itineraries ... the majority will probably be new to you.

If Murano is on your wish list then go to delightful Burano as well, on the following tour perhaps ?

http://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Mura ... 495ABTOUR2

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Manoverboard wrote:
rita17 wrote:
... I think it's what we'll do when in Venice as it's our third time there and would like to see more.
http://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Mura ... 495ABTOUR2

:wave:
That might be easier. Don't know about you, but I didn't understand a word of Onelife and Q Bob's instructions !!

Topic author
rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you for the Viator link. It looks a good tour and good value. MOB, have you done this particular tour?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

rita17 wrote:
Thank you for the Viator link. It looks a good tour and good value. MOB, have you done this particular tour?
We have been to Murano and Burano, via Venice, ironically with a Coach Tour Operator :lol: ... but we may well have used the same boats.

We have also used Viator, albeit not in Italy, and would advise you to book with confidence.

ps ... In case you haven't heard of them would mention that they are part of the TripAdvisor Group.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

TarbieGee
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by TarbieGee »

Hi Rita' Hope you're well. We did the Burano/Murano trip last August with P&O and thought it was a decent value for money excursion. The fact that you left the port and came back not having to think about where to get tickets, where to get any transfer etc and just enjoy the boat ride we thought it was worth it.
I would have preferred more time in Burano, a bit touristy but very quaint nevertheless. Just ambling and then a "pit stop" or two was lovely. The Murano glass factory demonstration was very good and there was no pressure selling etc, mind you we did get there late in the afternoon and we think they were keen to get home.

Hope you like it

Tarbie

Return to “Europe”