Cruising destinations in the Americas and the Caribbean

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Excursions booked

Post by The Invigilator »

Hi everyone

We are so so so so excited in the Invigy household - last night the excursions were put up for our Caribbean holibobs, we have booked to do:-

Sea Trek and De Palm Island in Aruba
Middleham Falls hike in Dominics
Bobsled and zip wire in Jamaica

Anybody done these trips are they as brilliant as they look???

The other islands we are DIYing in and they are Tortola (not sure what to do yet)
Greneda - mooch the port and visit Fort George
Visit the Rhum factory in Grand Cayman
St Maarten we thought we would slob out and watch the planes landing
Barbados the boatyard beach
Antigua - not sure

Any DIY suggestions for these places please?

Thanks folks :D :D xx

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Re: Excursions booked

Post by JenniC »

We are on this one with Mrs Rosser..... Tortola, love Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke. Grenada we will get the water taxi and blob all day on Grande Anse beach, it is NYE after all so need to save our energy for the celebrations. Grand Cayman will be another beach blob and snorkelling, St Maarten will be bus to Marigot for coffee and French patisserie and taxi to Maho to watch the planes. Barbados will be bus to Holetown, use one of the locals to go to Paynes Bay and swim with turtles, then back to Holetown for lunch on beach and siesta. Antigua will be taxi to Dickenson Bay fair sunbathing and swimming....not sure about Aruba, but definitely some retail therapy. Dominica may do Champagne Reef snorkell, which I have done before and is brilliant. Jamaica is not my favourite place, so probably stay on board and chill as it is Christmas Eve, so party time pm. Bring it on......
Jenni

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Emjay...I can almost feel your excitement jumping out of this screen at me...lucky you! :thumbup:

Regards

Keith :wave:

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Hiya Jenni how easy is it to get to Maho Beach from the port is it walking distance or will we need to get a taxi? Are the taxis expensive? Which flight are you on Jenni?

Keefyboy we are so so excited it's the first time to the Caribbean and the first time on a cruise at Christmas. Not sure what to expect but I am sure it will be fun and full on Christmas cheer on the ship (y) (y) just the small matter of sorting out our clothes now.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

The Invigilator wrote:
Hiya Jenni how easy is it to get to Maho Beach from the port is it walking distance or will we need to get a taxi? Are the taxis expensive? Which flight are you on Jenni?

Keefyboy we are so so excited it's the first time to the Caribbean and the first time on a cruise at Christmas. Not sure what to expect but I am sure it will be fun and full on Christmas cheer on the ship (y) (y) just the small matter of sorting out our clothes now.
Mayo is too far for a taxi. It is a well-worn route for the local companies but the traffic can be busy and the trip can take over half an hour.

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Hey QB thanks very much for the info (y)

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

The Invigilator wrote:
Hey QB thanks very much for the info (y)
Oops, I meant to say too far to walk, you'll need a taxi. We went to Mayo beach at my insistence last February and it was a bit of a crawl. Added to that it was raining steadily so the bar/restaurant was a bit crowded and damp and the planes were landing some distance down the runway that day. Still, been there, done that. I'd like to go again ne day but I might have to do it on my own. The big planes such as the KLM 747 arrive early afternoon.

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

I thought that's what you meant QB :-)

We will defo give it a go we have the whole day in St Maaten so will make sure we are at the beach in the afternoon to see the big planes coming in. :-D :-D

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

This is the place to be: http://www.sunsetsxm.com/

Topic author
The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Thanks QB - just watched the video of the planes landing and taking off - WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO :-D

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

The Invigilator wrote:
Thanks QB - just watched the video of the planes landing and taking off - WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO :-D
How did it go?

Return to “The Americas”