Sydney

Cruising destinations in Australia and New Zealand

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Sydney

Post by Suekersh »

Has anyone done the Sydney Harbour tour which includes lunch at the fish market? I have just followed a link from another forum and it looks fabulous,and has good reviews.

http://www.sydneyharbourboattours.com/the_tour

Sue

credit lady
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Sydney

Post by credit lady »

Sue
Thanks for posting link - hadn't found that tour during research I am doing. We were thinking of getting a ferry across to Manly for one of the days.
Diane

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We spent three nights in Sydney last February and used Blue Diamond tours for a day out to the Blue Mountains, highly recommended.

http://www.bluediamondtours.net/index.php

We took the local bus (380) to Bondi, tickets available in kiosks. Simple enough. Didn't have enough time for the ferry to Manly, next time perhaps. We did a harbour tour from Circular Quay which was a barrel of laughs, all due to the lovely lady providing the running commentary. All I could think of was Edna Everage.

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

It's a lovely trip across to manley on the ferry. Also well worth doing is the Sydney bridge climb.

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

Yes Manley is worth a visit, and we had really good fish and chips there in February. Loved Sydney, had a great week before catching Arcadia home, and fairness to P&O, everything was very well organised from the moment we got of the plane. I want to do it again now but by Aurora, unfortunately for me Sue doesn't like to be away from home for so long.

Dorset Buoy
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Dorset Buoy »

Two of the best excursions we have done are the full day trip to the Blue mountains, book with Oz Travel before you go as they will take you to places that the ships excursion cant get to. (payment on the day)

The best value for money is to take the hop on hop off bus, if you are over 60 years old make sure you get the reduction price. You can buy your ticket at Circular Quay, the only trouble is you cant fit it all in a day.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Dorset Buoy wrote:
Two of the best excursions we have done are the full day trip to the Blue mountains, book with Oz Travel before you go as they will take you to places that the ships excursion cant get to. (payment on the day)

The best value for money is to take the hop on hop off bus, if you are over 60 years old make sure you get the reduction price. You can buy your ticket at Circular Quay, the only trouble is you cant fit it all in a day.
I enquired about these reduced price tickets for over 60s and I was told they are only for residents of Australia.

Sue

Dorset Buoy
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Dorset Buoy »

I have been on the hop on hop off twice and both times i have received a reduction for the over 60s, and its worth having as it works out about 10 Australian dollars each. I am aware that you can no longer get any reduction on the ferry's as they stopped that a few years ago.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Dorset Buoy wrote:
I have been on the hop on hop off twice and both times i have received a reduction for the over 60s, and its worth having as it works out about 10 Australian dollars each. I am aware that you can no longer get any reduction on the ferry's as they stopped that a few years ago.
Thanks for that info. I will remember that.

Sue

JennyNguyen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JennyNguyen »

I my boyfriend did a day tour around Sydney last year, using this company http://www.sydneyadventuretours.com/. I found them on the internet, the tour guide is friendly and so experienced, they have lunch included in the tour.

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Suekersh wrote:
Has anyone done the Sydney Harbour tour which includes lunch at the fish market? I have just followed a link from another forum and it looks fabulous,and has good reviews.

http://www.sydneyharbourboattours.com/the_tour

Sue
Hi Sue.

I haven't done that particular tour but have eaten at the Fish Market while on a pre-cruise stopover. It really was a great seafood experience.

The tour as a whole looks exceptionally good value. We had 4 days in Sydney in 2014 and covered most of the ground they did.

Out of interest, I wrote a review to help cruisers who maybe only have an overnighter...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... do-sydney/

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Dorset Buoy wrote:

We also did that whole day excursion on the stay i mentioned earlier.

Absolutely fabulous scenery and what fun exploring Katoomba and seeing the Three Sisters...

Return to “Australasia”