Childrens clubs

Topics relating to cruising with children

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Childrens clubs

Post by Kendhni »

Childrens clubs on P&O

What does everybody think of the childrens clubs?
I see the likes of the new Royal Princess is going to have a bigger and better area for teens

Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Childrens clubs

Post by Emrobo »

Our children have only been on one cruise with us, my eldest had just turned 3 and my youngest was 18 months - so she couldn't use children's club but could use night nursery. My eldest daughter has special needs and she really enjoyed herself and I was really happy with the staff and how they looked after her

Looking forward to putting two children in the club in a few weeks ;)

Admiral of the Humber
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Admiral of the Humber »

Jess my daughter has always liked the childens clubs from the age of 7 when we first cruised unti now as a teenager when she still uses them.

Regards
Rob aka AOTH
One day P&O will cruise out of the north.....

Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

My daughter has used the kids clubs since the age of 2 and up until last year it's been hard to prise her out of them! However, last summer was her final time in the 9 to 12's club and it didn't really engage her (luckily she made a really good friend onboard and they were inseparable for the whole cruise!).

At the time we just though it was because she was ready to move up to the next age group, but unfortunately the teen's club on Oceana at Christmas didn't really do it for her either. However, we showed her the video of the teen club on the new Royal Princess and she is desperate to try it out :D

As a family we'd be very pleased indeed if P&O carried this aspect of Royal Princess over to the new ship due in 2015.

ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

One of our grandaughters has been on two cruises with us. First time she was 4 and she loved the kids club. Second time was last October and she was 7, she moved up a club and again, really enjoyed it. She made lots of new friends. The Reef Rangers put on so much entertainment for them.
Regards
Chris

DianaM
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DianaM »

Has anyone had experience of the Ventura children's clubs in August? We are travelling with our family and 4 grandchildren, age 9, 7, 6 and 4, on a special cruise in August this year to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. We know that there can be a maximum of 900 under 18s onboard :shock: and I'm wondering if there will be a problem getting the children into the clubs because of over demand.

Our 2 youngest grandchildren are veterans of P&O kids clubs, and absolutely love them, but we have never cruised in the summer school holidays before. I have visions of having to queue early in the morning before they open, or worse still, making plans to have an adult dinner and not being able to check then into the clubs for the evening :(

Any advice/experiences welcome thanks :)

Towngirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Towngirl »

Don't worry about accessing the kid clubs on Ventura. The clubs will be staffed according to the numbers on board. They will not accept any further bookings once the maximum number for an age group is reached. The kids will love it. 8-)

DianaM
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DianaM »

Towngirl wrote:
Don't worry about accessing the kid clubs on Ventura. The clubs will be staffed according to the numbers on board. They will not accept any further bookings once the maximum number for an age group is reached. The kids will love it. 8-)
Thanks Towngirl. That's reassuring :D

Karlssoncruisers
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Karlssoncruisers »

We took our 7 & 4 years old kids along on Norwegian Spirit in Feb. 2013, and they loved it. We constantly had to drag them out by force from the club at meal times. For the youngest it was the first kid's club that she did NOT escape from.

Return to “Cruising with Children”