Aurora - Accessible balcony cabins

Topics relating to disabled cruising

Topic author
Lynn S
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Aurora - Accessible balcony cabins

Post by Lynn S »

If anyone has first hand information about the accessible balcony cabins on Aurora I'd be interested to hear their opinions.

Thanks!
Lynn

Timothy Turtle
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Aurora - Accessible balcony cabins

Post by Timothy Turtle »

Lynn S wrote:
If anyone has first hand information about the accessible balcony cabins on Aurora I'd be interested to hear their opinions.

Thanks!
Lynn
Hi Lynn,

We've had an accessible balcony cabin on Aurora a couple of times. They were quite spacious so plenty of room to park a wheelchair and wheel round the bed etc. There were small wooden ramps either side of the balcony door to help get a wheelchair over a 2 inch high ridge onto the balcony, but to be honest, we found this too difficult so luckily my wife was able to walk out onto the balcony (with my assistance). My wife also found that the balcony door was too stiff for her to open unaided. Even I found it quite heavy.

The bathroom was ok. Plenty of rails, low level towel hooks and a wet room shower with seat.

Also the cabin door opened automatically when the key card was inserted. It stayed open for about 30 seconds to give time to manoeuvre a wheelchair in.

Hope this helps

TT

Return to “Cruising for the Disabled”