Accessible Shore excursions on E310 - price of

Topics relating to disabled cruising

Topic author
Fiona1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Accessible Shore excursions on E310 - price of

Post by Fiona1 »

Just received an e- mail with details of accessible shore excursions, the price of some are astronomical !

We are calling at ferrol, Gibraltar , Alghero, Livorno, St Tropez, Barcelona and Cartagena.

The price quoted for the trip to Pisa and Florence is £158 each! So for two of us that would be over £300.

I am wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations on independent tour operators or whether it is worth just negotiating with a local driver/taxi at the ports we are interested in getting off at.

My husband has very limited mobility but is not a full time wheel chair user but would find the trips on the normal coaches too much due to the stairs.

We are particularly interested in getting off at Gibraltar, Livorno and doing a trip to Pisa and Lucca, Barcelona and Cartagena. My other half will struggle on the tenders at Alghero and St Tropez so we will probably laze about on these days

If anyone else is in the same predicament and wouldn't mind sharing a taxi or a driver for a couple of hours please get in touch or if you can offer suggestions/advice for getting around the places listed above please get in touch

Fiona

stocktonmackem
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: Accessible Shore excursions on E310 - price of

Post by stocktonmackem »

We were in the same situation last year, i refuse to be ripped off so we didnt bother with excersions. Cartergena and Barcelona are ports you would be able to manage on your own. Cartegena is very flat and the ship docks right in town. Barcelona has a shuttle bus to las ramblas and although it is a bit of a slope it is easy enough to get about. In livorna there was also a shuttle to the centre of the city but we just wandered around. I did see mini buses offering tours but hubby is fulltime wheelchair user so we couldnt use this. If you need anymore questions answered I will try my best to help. Gibraltar is also do-able on your own. We went for a walk into town which is flat and i also saw lots of mini buses which were offering trips up to the rock itself. I think it was about £25 each or thereabout. Have a lovely cruise. Which ship are you on?
Pat

Lynn S
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Accessible Shore excursions on E310 - price of

Post by Lynn S »

We've also not taken any excursions - as mentioned you'll find you can get around quite a few of the places on your own. It's also nice to stay on board because the ship is obviously much quieter :)

Lynn

Return to “Cruising for the Disabled”