HUnger Games - Catching Fire

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
HK phooey
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

HUnger Games - Catching Fire

Post by HK phooey »

Has anyone else booked tickets for this one? We're going to see it on Thursday and I'm really excited!

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Catching Fire

Post by Kendhni »

Will probably see it next weekend ... really looking forward to it ... and the second in the Hobbit trilogy ... I think we will book the posh seats ... my butt goes to sleep after about 90 minutes.

I managed to source e=version for several of Suzanne Collins books including the Hunger Games and Underworld series. Julie is reading them at the minute .. once I finally get round to finishing Clive Cussler I will give them a go ... unfortunately I have a backlog of work/study related books to get through first.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We both thought it was a very good film, bit slow moving in places and not the out-and-out action from the first ... more about character development ... and left open ready for the final part(s) (which will turn another trilogy into a quadrilogy (or whatever the name is)).

Topic author
HK phooey
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by HK phooey »

Ooh forgot about this thread! I loved this film, just brilliant and very true to the book overall. It is probably the only time I have gone to the cinema in the last 20 years and not fallen asleep.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

"The Hunger Games"

Post by Onelife »

My wife and daughter went to see the...“The Hunger Games" they both said it was “brilliant”. Although my daughter said they'd missed out a couple of scenes which she had read in the book... this, she found a little disappointing.

Regards

OL

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”