Azura A510N

Post by Raybosailor »

Hi anyone going on Azura A510N to the Med 8th. May 2015

Annezeals
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Azura A510N

Post by Annezeals »

My friend and I are on this cruise. I'm thinking we will have lots of sun beds.

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Hi Annezeals, I thought Cheryl and I were the only two going on this one have you been on Azura before ? This is only our second cruise the first being a 23 night on Arcadia to the Caribbean.

Annezeals
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Annezeals »

Yes I've been on her three times.. Enjoyed every cruise on her. There again I have never not enjoyed a cruise. Other ships Ventura (same design, but older) Oceana, Aurora and many moons ago QE2.

Annezeals
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Annezeals »

If you go into Cruisemate you will find there are 42 registered for our cruise, but not many chat on it.

RogerS
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by RogerS »

Good Morning. Just received my cabin number today. Second sitting although we wanted first. Seems to have been a popular cruise.
Askerd for a table for 8, not confirmed. RogerS

RogerS
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by RogerS »

Where is Cruisemate?

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Hi RogerS we also received an email the other day telling us we have been upgraded but the same cabin a few decks higher on the ship does not qualify as an upgrade to me. Same layout same square footage and a lot more steps to reach it, what kind of upgrade is that?. I can't believe that P&O would have charged us £300.00 extra for this cabin if we had booked it from day one.
We are off to Cyprus in a few days and won't be back until just before the cruise so if anyone is planning to meet up either in Southampton Thursday night or onboard ship I will keep an eye on the forum while away. We are stopping at Travelodge West Quay on Thursday night.
Ray & Cheryl

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

RogerS wrote:
Where is Cruisemate?
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Only four weeks on Friday. :clap:

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Only 28 sleeps!!!! :D

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Not counting sleeps yet kitchie we are in Cyprus for our sons wedding Thursday 9th April, it was a memorable experience especially the reception which was typical Greek Cypriot style. They have gone up to a villa in the mountains while the rest of us are staying in villas and apartments here in Paphos.
I will count sleeps when we get back from sunny Cyprus

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Hi Ray, what a wonderful time you seem to be having. how long are you staying there? We are off to Spain on the 19th for a quick week. Then start packing again for Azura with my friend. (Hubby doesn't want to cruise any more --Strange.

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

kitchie wrote:
Hi Ray, what a wonderful time you seem to be having. how long are you staying there? We are off to Spain on the 19th for a quick week. Then start packing again for Azura with my friend. (Hubby doesn't want to cruise any more --Strange.
We will be back two weeks before the cruise kitchie, we had a thunderstorm last night it started just as we got out of the taxi from the reception and continued through the night but we have had some sunny spells during today. Our son and his new wife called in on their way up to their mountain retreat and that was the last we will see of them until end of May so Cheryl was feeling a little broody.
We are looking forward to our cruise on Azura though and perhaps we can all meet up on board.
Ray & Cheryl

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Glad the wedding went well, Ray. Our eldest dayghter - the one with the severe health problems - is getting married in July, so we are currently up to our eyes in marquees, caterers, flowers and dresses etc. Or at least I am!

Happy days.
Gill

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

That would be nice Ray but there don't seem to be many of us for a meet up. Relax for the next few days and then you will be ready to relax again on the cruise. (Oh what a hard life!) :( :roll:

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

GillD46 wrote:
Glad the wedding went well, Ray. Our eldest dayghter - the one with the severe health problems - is getting married in July, so we are currently up to our eyes in marquees, caterers, flowers and dresses etc. Or at least I am!

Happy days.
Hi Gill, our daughter is also getting married in July on the 4th. it is her second marriage so this one will be pretty low key as she had her big wedding the first time at our expense.
Looks like your daughter is having a big bash no wonder you are busy, wish them all the best from us for the day and the rest of their married years.
Hopefully the love of a good husband will improve her health and lifestyle, we hope you,Tony and the rest of the family enjoy her special day.
Ray & Cheryl

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Have you all had the phone call ?, NO AZURA on Friday she has broken down and is in Bergen for repair.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Raybosailor wrote:
Have you all had the phone call ?, NO AZURA on Friday she has broken down and is in Bergen for repair.
So sorry to hear this news Ray - hope they sort it out and you'll be on your way soon.
Janis

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Oh no - do they know how long she'll be delayed, or are they saying she'll be in Southampton by Saturday?
Gill

Topic author
Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Not heard a thing from them since Gill but they have got a lot of sorting out to do, the girl that rang me seemed pretty stressed and I bet her and the rest of her team are in for a long night. I was told that the ship might go 15:00 on Sunday but that depends on repairs being finished in time.
The problem is Cheryl can't sit in a car for long periods so we travel down to Southampton in two stages, a night at my cousins enroute and a night in a hotel nearer the port. We had the car loaded up and was just handing the house keys over to our son when the call came, problem number two is the hotel is prepaid and non refundable as it never crossed my mind that we would be cancelling.
As I say they have a lot of sorting out to do because there will be hundreds of people who like us have already left for Southampton and quite a number would be travelling down by coach,rail or air and then there is port car parking to be sorted too.
As it stands I have had to book another two nights hotel and we will have to find meals for those two extra days as well.
We are hoping that there are no further delays or the cruise will have to be cancelled altogether which will be a huge disappointment to Cheryl because this will be our third attempt at going to Naples (two holidays had to be cancelled in recent years) so I hope Naples is not one of the ports that is missed if we ever get underway.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Raybosailor wrote:
Not heard a thing from them since Gill but they have got a lot of sorting out to do, the girl that rang me seemed pretty stressed and I bet her and the rest of her team are in for a long night. I was told that the ship might go 15:00 on Sunday but that depends on repairs being finished in time.
The problem is Cheryl can't sit in a car for long periods so we travel down to Southampton in two stages, a night at my cousins enroute and a night in a hotel nearer the port. We had the car loaded up and was just handing the house keys over to our son when the call came, problem number two is the hotel is prepaid and non refundable as it never crossed my mind that we would be cancelling.
As I say they have a lot of sorting out to do because there will be hundreds of people who like us have already left for Southampton and quite a number would be travelling down by coach,rail or air and then there is port car parking to be sorted too.
As it stands I have had to book another two nights hotel and we will have to find meals for those two extra days as well.
We are hoping that there are no further delays or the cruise will have to be cancelled altogether which will be a huge disappointment to Cheryl because this will be our third attempt at going to Naples (two holidays had to be cancelled in recent years) so I hope Naples is not one of the ports that is missed if we ever get underway.
I'm Sorry to hear your bad news Raybo. I'm fairly confident that P&O will cover you costs and expenses in terms of hotel bills and meals. They have done this recently when Oriana was delayed.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Oh fingers crossed that you will soon be on your cruise Ray, I read somewhere else that they expect Azura to sail on Sunday but of course this is only hearsay which isn't much help to you at the moment.

I would imagine P&O will do something similar to what they did when Oriana was recently delayed and compensate you for 'out of pocket expenses'

Hopefully the cruise won't be cancelled so do let us know once you have boarded.
Jo

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Here's the latest:

Azura Update
Azura is now on her way back to Southampton where she will arrive on Saturday.
We are pleased to confirm that boarding at the Mayflower Terminal on Sunday will be staggered by deck and will be between 10.30am and 1.30pm. We will be sending everyone full details of the itinerary and specific boarding times by text and email later today and will of course post it here as well. For those travelling by coach with either us or Eavesway then the time will be the same, just on Sunday morning.
As regards to the itinerary for Sunday's cruise, there will inevitably be changes to the port order. In order to confirm this however we have to contact each port individually and wait for the confirmation, so it takes a while. We will have further updates throughout the day.
As soon as we have further details confirmed we will of course let you know but be assured we are doing everything we can as quickly as we can.
For those joining Aurora on Sunday, we know that your terminal will not be Mayflower. We will confirm your arrangements later today.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

OK - here's Plan B

AMENDED ITINERARY FOR NEXT AZURA CRUISE
We are pleased to confirm the new itinerary for Azura's cruise which will leave Southampton on Sunday. Unfortunately we have had to omit Cadiz and Naples but have retained the rest of the ports of call as follows:
Sunday May 10 - Southampton - sail at 1500
Monday May 11 - at sea
Tuesday May 12 - at sea
Wednesday May 13 - at sea
Thursday May 14 - Barcelona 0800 - 1700
Friday May 15 - Monte Carlo 0800 - 1800
Saturday May 16 - Civitavecchia (for tours to Rome) 0700 - 1900
Sunday May 17 - Cagliari, Sardinia 0900 - 1700
Monday May 18 - at sea
Tuesday May 19 - Gibraltar 0800 - 1300
Wednesday May 20 - at sea
Thursday May 21 - at sea
Friday May 22 - Southampton
All those who have booked tours will be transferred automatically to the new dates. Tours for Cadiz and Naples will be refunded.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”