X303

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

X303

Post by incawat »

Any body else on this cruise,not long now.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Re: X303

Post by valerie »

Yes we are on this one, it had a huge following on po forum meeting place, but apart from myself and another member of that forum nobody has seemed to join this forum, which is a shame. Daphne and David where are you?

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Hi Valerie, I was wondering the same there are a lot who have not come over yet it may take a while. Ian & Cathy

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Hi Incawat & Valerie,

I'm on here too, however you will find that Daphne, David, Prefdavid & Suzanne are on Crowsnest & that's where our Group has been resurrected at the moment. Prefdavid was in the process of getting everyone's email addresses in case there was a problem with the P & O site & sure enough it went down after only getting 3 of our addresses (this was with regards to the Group Meeting on 12th Feb & the walking tours in N.Orleans & Charleston that he was trying to arrange). If you want to contact them then you can either join Crowsnest & join the new Group or send me a pm with your email details to pass on to David (that's if you can pm on this site - I only joined the other day & haven't had time to look at it in detail.

Meanwhile, look forward to meeting everyone at 12.30 on 12th in the Crowsnest by the grand piano!

Angie

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Thank you for the information Angie T, we will be at the meeting.Ian& Cathy.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Hi Angie, I am a member of crowsnest have been for a few years. I did read Davids entries on there but it wouldn't let me post even after sending Brad two emails, and the last time I tried to log on the site was down. I will have another look later. May see you on the 12th but its a bit near to lunchtime for me, (I try and avoid smash and grab for the 1st couple of days) so we use the MDR and as we don't bother with breakfast on the first day, by 12.30 its lunchtime. I will be there earlier so may see some of you, but we know quite a few from the previous trip.

Am having sleepless nights re the packing, I know we are going to end up with 5 cases! As hard as I try I cannot pack less, and I do use the laundry (our roomn is next door) so always know whens a good time, (I phone my friend in her cabin and tip her off as well).

Can't wait for the sunshine, bring it on!! xx

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Hi Ian & Cathy,
Look forward to seeing you there.

Hi Valerie,

I hope you have better luck on Crowsnest now it seems to have settled down again! I also hope we get to see you at the meeting - we might get there a little earlier so we may see you before lunch (we sometimes have lunch in the MDR or we wait until afternoon tea is served in the buffet - we rarely have lunch in the buffet - as you say it's like smash & grab)!
The cases are out & I too am wondering if I can magic all those clothes into such small spaces! The laundry isn't even on our deck so I will have to try & time it right otherwise I will be up & down those stairs like a fiddlers elbow!

Can't wait to swop the snow for some sunshine!

Angie

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Hi Angie

Have managed to get into crowsnest so put an entry on there but have to say I do prefer this forum, I think its easier to get around.

What deck are you on, I thought that there were laundrettes on virtually every level except A.

Nice and sunny on the isle of wight today, hope its like this at sailaway. x

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Hi Valerie,

We are on B deck & there is no laundrette there - there is a large one on A deck & a smaller one on C deck.

It's been sunny here today too - helping to melt some of the several inches of snow we had overnight! Not that I've been out because I decided to start doing some of the packing & was on a roll so hours later I've almost done the lot! Unfortunately my guesstimate of 4 suitcases & 1 suiter has now had to have an extra suiter added. I knew I would end up taking too much!!!

Angie

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

HI, we are on c deck not far from the laundrette i have used that one before so i know the way,my job .I thought i was early getting the suitcases down yesterday cathy worries about creasing.I agree with Valerie about this site much better. Two weeks today taxi to southamton hotel a treat for Cathy she will be having a milestone birthday a week into the cruise.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Hi all

When is Cathys Birthday? I celebrated my 50th last time on Oriana to the Caribbean where I met Daphne, David and a few others that are going on this one as well. So this year I shall be 52 on Valentines day, and for the first time in my life I am hoping to be on the open deck with my champagne. Last time we sailed on the 12th so as its a day earlier this time we may be near some sun. Next year we sail on the 13th so will be in the BOB so not expecting good weather there.

All my packing will be done sunday the 10th with packets and packets of tissue, (and wine) never ever had a creased item yet.

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Hi Valerie,Cathy's birthday is Feb 18th a sea day and she will be 60,I have had permission to say that.The creasing comment was made after Angie said she has packed already.We were on the same cruise 3 years ago.loved it.Ian

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

yes thats what I was refering to re creasing I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if my clothes were already packed.

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Hi Ian,

Ray has a milestone birthday on the 15th when we are in Madeira! Looks like some celebrating will be done amongst us on this cruise!

Angie

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Three birthdays in four days looking good.I hope the weather in Madeira is better than it was three years ago ,we got soaked.In New Orleans did you go to any jazz clubs? Ian

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

Hi X303'rs

Thought I'd just stick my head in and say hallo here as well.

Yes there's a lot of celebrations, especially if we count all the events happening during the year and not just whilst we're on the cruise.

Two 60th Birthdays, a 65th, a 75th

A 35 year wedding anniversary, a Golden Wedding anniversary and a wedding renewal ceremony.

That's just what I know of so sounds like we'll be busy celebrating.

Goodness me, those aft decks are going to hear a lot of "Cheers" ringing out! :D

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

David Yes like you and tina we also celebrate our 35th anniversary this year, and some friends that are sailing with us, his birthday is the 11th the day we sail.

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

And the Pussers rum might take a hammering too David!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

I see we have now been moved from Mayflower to Ocean, much better, there always seems to be a queue at Mayflower at least there are some seats at Ocean. although we are supposed to get priority boarding I imagine due to the large number of 'goldies' on this trip that it won't be available, (it wasn't on the 2011 one)

skovgaard
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by skovgaard »

Plus 3 other celebrations
Valentine
Mothers Day
St Patricks Day
Cheers [Skol]
My Birthday is the 22nd March but I am happy to celebrate it earlier
Skovgaard

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

My birthday is on 27th of August,practice practice practice we do try to be perfect.Ian

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

skovgaard wrote:
Plus 3 other celebrations
Valentine
Mothers Day
St Patricks Day
Cheers [Skol]
My Birthday is the 22nd March but I am happy to celebrate it earlier
Skovgaard
Suzanne,

That just about gives us a celbration for every day of the cruise. I better get some serious practice in over the next week - I don't want to be accused of being a 'lightweight' :lol:

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

From what I've heard Suzanne doesn't need any excuse for a celebration :lol:

I suspect we'll all be lightweights in comparison.

skovgaard
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by skovgaard »

You will all have 5 weeks of practice - start slowly - slurring of words ie gottle of gear, walking with a wobble means you have failed, but do not be put of try try and try again
who has hidden all the smiley faces I want one after the above line, you will have to use your imagination till they turn up, I will not pay the ransom

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

and why isn't there a drunken smiley face? ;)

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oriana”