Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Burnley wrote:
Just received our "Air Notification". Studying it I realise that, unless we get up at the crack of dawn, (no chance :yawn: ) we will not be able to see much of Barbados, as we have to be at the airport no later than 11.05. That means lunch in the airport! Wow a real treat! How I look forward :crazy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good morning Granville,

May I ask where did you receive this "Air Notification" from P&O or Airlines.
I am aware from my booking confirmation regarding the date we depart Barbados but it does not mention any time.
Are you flying on a schedule flight back to the UK.

Regards Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Burnley wrote:
Just received our "Air Notification". Studying it I realise that, unless we get up at the crack of dawn, (no chance :yawn: ) we will not be able to see much of Barbados, as we have to be at the airport no later than 11.05. That means lunch in the airport! Wow a real treat! How I look forward :crazy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a very strange timing? Take off around 14:00 and you'll be landing somewhere around midnight.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
Burnley wrote:
That's a very strange timing? Take off around 14:00 and you'll be landing somewhere around midnight.
Granville, found it in Cruise Personaliser. As we are on a back to back cruise it did not show up N327 Cruise Personaliser but did on N328
We depart: 22 November 2013 at 17:55 - BARBADOS (BGI)
Arrive: Home 23 November 2013 at 06:10 am

Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Pat; and Bob;

Re:- "May I ask where did you receive this "Air Notification" from P&O or Airlines."

The letter is from P&O, it was forwarded to me from my travel agent. We are flying with Thomas Cook Airlines. leaving Barbados on 8th Nov. at 15:05, arriving at Manchester T1 at 03:35 9th Nov. The check in time is 4 hours prior to departure hence the reason why we have to be at the airport no later than 11:05 !!!!! Which to be honest I'm not really happy about, but hey, beggars can't be choosers :roll:

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Burnley wrote:
Pat; and Bob;

Re:- "May I ask where did you receive this "Air Notification" from P&O or Airlines."

The letter is from P&O, it was forwarded to me from my travel agent. We are flying with Thomas Cook Airlines. leaving Barbados on 8th Nov. at 15:05, arriving at Manchester T1 at 03:35 9th Nov. The check in time is 4 hours prior to departure hence the reason why we have to be at the airport no later than 11:05 !!!!! Which to be honest I'm not really happy about, but hey, beggars can't be choosers :roll:
Thanks Granville, at least you will arrive home nice and early. I hope next March when we depart Barbados-Gatwick we get an early arrival time home because we then require to get another connecting flight to our home airport and it is usually a rush to get from one terminal to another, at least if we arrive at approximately 03.35 we can get the first flight home.

Is anyone leaving from Barbados - Gatwick on N327 or N328, if so please could you advise me of the time that you depart Barbados and your expected arrival time in Gatwick.
Thanks Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Hi All

Found my way back on here at last. Cannot get in to the P&O community page. Time passing quickly now, November will be here before we know but hopefully we will get a bit of nice weather in this country this summer!!

Hope everyone is well.

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hello everyone, I trust we are all well.

Pat, My Dad and his wife have now booked on to the cruise also.

Jasper.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Jasper wrote:
Hello everyone, I trust we are all well.

Pat, My Dad and his wife have now booked on to the cruise also.

Jasper.
Hi Craig :wave: .thats good to hear that your Dad and his wife have now booked,that's another two to be added to the guest list for the two birthday soirees.
Hope you and Sue are well, have you finished work on the house yet :thumbup: We are still living in a building site but it will be worth it all in the end :thumbup:
Numbers growing steadily,where do you suggest we hold the meet & greet :think: The Red Bar on Prom Deck or the Metropolis Sky Deck. Let me know what you think.

If anyone else would like to make a suggestion where to hold the Meet&Greet on Sunday 10th November at 11am please submit your suggestion. All suggestions will be considered BUT most likely we will opt for The Red Bar or The Metropolis Sky Deck. (only kidding).
Phill has stated that he will arrange for Tea & Cake to be provided Sue has already started baking the cake:roll:

Hi Shona, glad your back. How did your anniversary weekend go.I am sure you had a wonderful time.

Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hi Pat,

If I was to suggest a venue I too would probably say the Red bar. Plenty of space in there for everyone. What dates would you suggest for the Birthday soirees? I am pretty much flexible given that I will be travelling on the actual date of mine. It means two sets of drinks for me!!

Sue and I are both fine. We have now started our bid to get a little more trim to fit into our respective dresses and suits for the cruise. As for the house, all the main building work (for now) has been completed, though the hall, stairs, landing and the spare bedroom is being decorated now as I type. Nothing like the chaos of the building site that was thank god.

I am sure once all your work is complete you'll sit there thinking what a fantastic job you've made of it and well worth it.

Bye for Now,

Jasper.

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Hi All

Pat, had a great holiday in Pefkos, would certainly go back there again, although the mozzies seemed to take a liking to me as well. Weather was very good. Looking forward to seeing you all in November.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat.

Please will you add us to the spreadsheet for transport to the following:

St. Lucia. / Antigua / St Kitts. / Totola. /St Maartens.

As suggested; we will probably join the P&O. Tours “Escape to Bequia”, when the details are made available to us.

We will still be around in Barbados on the 22nd November, so will probably make our own way to Paynes Beach, at the Blue Monkey Hotel.

Kindest regards:

Alan & Janice.

Good Morning Alan and Janice :) ,
Just to update you regarding" Bequia" :thumbup:
Tried to book this morning with P&O and was requested to pay in advance.
Confused so am I.
HAPPY CRUISING

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

New rules Pat, you have to pay upfront now but you can still cancel up til boarding.paid ours it's £75pp less Portunus discount . So for you and Scott its probably about two shillings and sixpence
Phil

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Alan Janice White »

Pat,

We had to pay up front for the 'Bethlehem & Sea Of Gallilee' trip on the last stage of the Aurora World Cruise, this year. In the event it wasn't full but 'you pays your money and takes your choice'

I think we will probably book in advance for Bequila, particularly as Phil thinks it will be a 'sell out'.

Alan

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat,

We had to pay up front for the 'Bethlehem & Sea Of Gallilee' trip on the last stage of the Aurora World Cruise, this year. In the event it wasn't full but 'you pays your money and takes your choice'

I think we will probably book in advance for Bequila, particularly as Phil thinks it will be a 'sell out'.

Alan
Alan, Yes I think you and Phil are right, at the end of the day no point waiting then find out that is is sold out.
St Vincent unfortunately has very little to offer so I will just book Escape to Bequia now.
Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

SueandPhil wrote:
New rules Pat, you have to pay upfront now but you can still cancel up til boarding.paid ours it's £75pp less Portunus discount . So for you and Scott its probably about two shillings and sixpence
Phil
Phil, to be exact had to pay one shilling and threepence (each) my how prices have gone up :lol:
still that leave us with half a crown OBC to spend. :D
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Change to Itinerary Ventura N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Good morning N328 Cruisers.

Have you all receive notification from P&O of the following change to Itinerary for
St Kitts& Antiqua. We are now arriving in St Kitts Thursday 14th Nov instead of Friday 15th and
Antiqua on 15th November instead of 14th.

Not long to go now.
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hi Pat, yes I've read that change.

It will certainly soon come around now.

Everyone ready?

Jasper

Jan1403
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jan1403 »

Hi Pat
Can you please remove me and Steve from your list of celebrations. We have unfortunately had to cancel this cruise but have re-booked to sail the same ship and itinerary on 14th February 2015.

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Managed to get back on here at last!! What a palaver! Eventually realised I had to 'Log Out' before I could proceed with the stupid password change! And all I did was put it back to the one I thought it was in the first place!!!
Never mind it's history now. Does not look like there's been much activity while I've been "away". Studying what info. I've managed to glean from P&O I think I've decided Pat's tours are by far the best option!!! At least the company sounds more friendly :-)

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Won't be long now till the flight seats are bookable. Have we decided when and where the welcome meeting will take place? or even a group name!

Jasper

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

I have returned under Scott1 :D . Unable to get my head shrunk enough to fit into Avatar :lol: .

Jasper,

MEET & GREET N327-N328
Group Members boarding on 8TH/9TH November 2013

MEET & GREET

Date: Sunday 10th Nov 2013

Venue: The Red Bar, Promenade Deck, Deck 7
Next to Atrium

Time: 11am- 12 noon or whenever you wish to leave

So far 44 participating

See you all there

Pat,
AKA Scott1,HelenHenry,Patricia2 etc etc etc :thumbup:

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

A few of us are finding our way back Pat after being asked to change our password. A simple act you may think until you are asked to provide your old password, apparently set when you first joined up. Looks like one way round it is to rejoin under a new user name as you have done unless Scott has finally bumped you off and is trying to cover his tracks. Anyway we have paid in full now so you will have a couple of punters for your table top sales in the atrium
Phil (aka Boycie)

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

SueandPhil wrote:
A few of us are finding our way back Pat after being asked to change our password. A simple act you may think until you are asked to provide your old password, apparently set when you first joined up. Looks like one way round it is to rejoin under a new user name as you have done unless Scott has finally bumped you off and is trying to cover his tracks. Anyway we have paid in full now so you will have a couple of punters for your table top sales in the atrium
Phil (aka Boycie)
We now require to give our group a name.

Collective name:
Previously known as:
The Pink Carnation Group 2011, The Pink Tulip Group 2012
Suggestions please for 2013. All suggestions will be considered within reason.

We also require a Master of Ceremonies :clap:

Nominations please. No skill required.
Please just add nominees name to list below

Craig
Phil
David
Tony1
Tony2
Marlene(Aka) Sue
Janet
Sue
Sheila
Shona

Talk about being quick :thumbup:

Pat

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

A few of us are finding Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Carib

Post by Burnley »

I found the only way was to "Log Off" then try to log on & request 'Forgotten Password '. I was sent the password, then when I 'Logged On' I entered this "forgotten password" and I was asked to change, so I did as requested & entered the 'New' password with the one I thought I'd used originally. Lo & behold I finished up back on with the same user name!! As I said on a previous post, "a lot of palaver" but it worked :-)

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:
[

We now require to give our group a name.

Collective name:
Previously known as:
The Pink Carnation Group 2011, The Pink Tulip Group 2012
Suggestions please for 2013. All suggestions will be considered within reason.

We also require a Master of Ceremonies :clap:

Nominations please. No skill required.
Please just add nominees name to list below

Craig
Phil
David
Tony1
Tony2
Marlene(Aka) Sue
Janet
Sue
Sheila