Drinks Package

Topics relating to P&O

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Drinks Package

Post by emjay45 »

We usually buy a wine package so will continue to do that. I have wondered whether it would be worth getting the new drinks package for my son as he drinks beer as well as a G&T pre-dinner. It also covers soft drinks too so it may be worthwhile for him. It could be that by the time we have our next cruise with P&O it will be on all ships. Let's see how it goes on the Azura first.I wonder why they chose the Azura is that the ship with the biggest drinkers. ;)

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I wondered that as well em.
Maybe they have taken a look at the bar takings and made the decision from that.
Surely it will difficult for the theatre waiters who take about six orders at the same time, remembering who pays and who doesn't.
Still, whatever, it's not for us.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

barney wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 13:37
I wondered that as well em.
Maybe they have taken a look at the bar takings and made the decision from that.
Surely it will difficult for the theatre waiters who take about six orders at the same time, remembering who pays and who doesn't.
Still, whatever, it's not for us.
On Fred Olsen, the orders were taken in the same way, whether or not you were on the drinks package. You gave your card to the waiter, and got a chit back with the cost of the order, But if you were on the drinks package, the cost of the order didn't appear on your statement. So it made no difference to the waiter
Kendhni wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 20:46
Onelife wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 18:38
Gill W wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 16:24
The proposed drinks package is far too expensive at £39.95 to be of value to us, and I'm not sure I'd be physically capable to drink enough to make it value for money.

It might be of use to someone cruising with children, as the children's package is included, but I suspect that is one child per drinks package purchased, so if you are one adult travelling with 2 children, only one child would be covered. Although the stand alone children's drinks package is only £7.95, which seems to be good value, especially for older children.

My friend would probably go for the hot drinks package at £10.95, as she doesn't drink alcohol, but drinks a lot of coffee. If I was forced choose a package, I'd go for the non alcoholic package, at £19.95. It includes hot drinks and mocktails.

I enjoyed AI on Fred, and have booked it on CMV, but I will continue to pay as I go on P&O.

It will be interesting to see what the passengers response will be on Azura.
Hi Gill,

When we last cruised with our daughter the drinks package, if l remember correctly was £18 for 30 soft drinks which seemed a good deal at the time.
We are just back from Britannia and it was £35 for 20 soft drinks. That was large 1 pint soft drinks which I thought was a good price.
I think those soda cards are ok if you know you will drink 20 large colas or lemonades. But sometimes I don't want a large coke, just a small one, or a fruit juice or a mocktail or a coffee. If I was to buy a non alcoholic drinks package I'd want to have some sort of flexiblity
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Gill W wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 14:29
We are just back from Britannia and it was £35 for 20 soft drinks. That was large 1 pint soft drinks which I thought was a good price.
I think those soda cards are ok if you know you will drink 20 large colas or lemonades. But sometimes I don't want a large coke, just a small one, or a fruit juice or a mocktail or a coffee. If I was to buy a non alcoholic drinks package I'd want to have some sort of flexiblity
I agree with you about the size ... at times I wished they could have given me a standard sized drink and only stroked half the 'circle' out. :)
In the end Julie and I often just shared a drink.

I think they used to have an option that included mocktails and coffee - I haven't seen it in a while though.
Last edited by Kendhni on 15 Jul 2018, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

The problem with any type of drinks package is that the cruise line and the passenger are totally opposite in their views.

The passenger, understandably, wants a package where they at least believe that they are saving money whilst the cruise line want to entice the passenger to buy so that they can make more profit.

One thing is for sure - the cruise line will not, overall, loose out, they will make sure of that!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

david63 wrote: 15 Jul 2018, 13:14
The problem with any type of drinks package is that the cruise line and the passenger are totally opposite in their views.

The passenger, understandably, wants a package where they at least believe that they are saving money whilst the cruise line want to entice the passenger to buy so that they can make more profit.

One thing is for sure - the cruise line will not, overall, loose out, they will make sure of that!
Spot on David. Which means that we, as significantly below average drinkers, would, so it won't be for us.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 15 Jul 2018, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “P&O”