Oh Dear P&O

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh Dear P&O

Post by david63 »

Just had a look at P&O's FB page - somebody thinks that today is the Queen's 90th birthday :roll: :roll:

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Oh Dear P&O

Post by Quizzical Bob »

david63 wrote:
Just had a look at P&O's FB page - somebody thinks that today is the Queen's 90th birthday :roll: :roll:
Well officially it is.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Most of the country are going with that view!

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Most of the country are going with that view!
Fair enough - she has only been around for just over 90 years so it is probably a bit soon to get the facts right :sarcasm:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

When you're 90 you can remind us if we forget!

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

My OH said the Monarchs have celebrated two birthdays since 1748 during the reign of King George the second so that outdoor celebrations could take place in June which is supposed to be a dry month.

Has anyone had a street party in the rain today ?.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

No, but it wasn't raining here either. At least not after 8am.
Gill

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

I think she's had enough birthdays for this year - judging by her comments at the picnic!
Meg
x

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Raybosailor wrote:
My OH said the Monarchs have celebrated two birthdays since 1748 during the reign of King George the second so that outdoor celebrations could take place in June which is supposed to be a dry month.

When William is King, I expect he'll only need one birthday, as his birthday actually is in June
Gill

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Gill W wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:

When William is King, I expect he'll only need one birthday, as his birthday actually is in June[/quote]

Don't bet on it!!!!

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

That's if Charles hasn't trashed the monarchy beforehand.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I liked the way they both stood up for the drive past everybody on the Mall. At their age they could be excused for sitting down. However, wasn't it amusing when Philip banged on the sunroof and told the driver to get on with it!! :lol:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I'm not sure whether I'm more bored with the OTT coverage of the Queen's multiple birthdays or the referendum! Soon it will be the bloody footy too !

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

oldbluefox wrote:
I liked the way they both stood up for the drive past everybody on the Mall. At their age they could be excused for sitting down. However, wasn't it amusing when Philip banged on the sunroof and told the driver to get on with it!! :lol:
That was hilarious; and so like him :lolno:
Gill

Frank Manning
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Frank Manning »

qbman1 wrote:
I'm not sure whether I'm more bored with the OTT coverage of the Queen's multiple birthdays or the referendum! Soon it will be the bl**dy footy too !
Definitely the referendum QB. I am heartily sick of it, and of seeing that smug Nigel Farage peddling exenophobia and glossing over the economics. Lets get it over and then I can look at what it costs me when Brexit wins and the stock market crashes on 24th June.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Frank Manning wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
I'm not sure whether I'm more bored with the OTT coverage of the Queen's multiple birthdays or the referendum! Soon it will be the bl**dy footy too !
Definitely the referendum QB.I am heartily sick of it, and of seeing that smug Nigel Farage peddling exenophobia and glossing over the economics. Lets get it over and then I can look at what it costs me when Brexit wins and the stock market crashes on 24th June.
Or that smug Cameron speculating on economics and avoiding the issues which get him into this mess in the first place?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I must say - out of all the idiots spouting forth gossip, rumour, untruths and half-truths on the subject, Call Me Dave seems to have come out of it the worst. I suspect his days in office are numbered, whatever the outcome next Thursday.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

wolfie wrote:
Gill W wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:

When William is King, I expect he'll only need one birthday, as his birthday actually is in June[/quote]

Don't bet on it!!!!
My birthday is in June too Wolfie so do I get an invite to King Billy's garden party ?, mind you I'll probably be over 100 by the time he is crowned.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I've always wondered - who sets the date for the monarch's "official" birthday? I guess it is in June so that they can hold Trooping the Colour with a chance of half-decent weather. But has it always been that way - and would they have Willie's so close to his "real" birthday?

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

oldbluefox wrote:
That was so funny! Philip is a national institution
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

qbman1 wrote:
I've always wondered - who sets the date for the monarch's "official" birthday? I guess it is in June so that they can hold Trooping the Colour with a chance of half-decent weather. But has it always been that way - and would they have Willie's so close to his "real" birthday?
Perhaps he'll just use his real birthday?

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I doubt it - why pass up an opportunity to flog more commemorative mugs, stamps and flags ?!

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Raybosailor wrote:
wolfie wrote:
Gill W wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:

Don't bet on it!!!!
My birthday is in June too Wolfie so do I get an invite to King Billy's garden party ?, mind you I'll probably be over 100 by the time he is crowned.
:lol: Put it in your will that it is transferrable to your descendants!! But, only on the condition that you have actually popped your clogs!

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

qbman1 wrote:
I doubt it - why pass up an opportunity to flog more commemorative mugs, stamps and flags ?!
He has to keep is in laws sweet, and in business, or they won't babysit any more, especially as they will be having, according to the media, another one next year.

Return to “P&O”