Loyalty scheme review

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Loyalty scheme review

Post by Whynd1 »

Mr Edgington in replying to an e mail concerning an issue on a recent cruise states that they are currently reviewing the loyalty scheme.

My thought was here we go again, its not that long since the last review.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Loyalty scheme review

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

They've been at it for a while. I wrote to him some months ago asking them not to move the goalposts again just before we reach Caribbean as they did just before we reached Gold. It ruined my life!

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

I had heard some time ago that they were announcing the changes in July this year. Guess we will have to wait and see. Lots of rumours flying around regarding this including points based on cost of cruise and on board spend. Free laundry for top tier as well as priority tenders. All rumours based on a P & O questionnaire as nothing has been announced yet. They piddled about with it a few years ago and managed to upset more pax than they pleased.

Sue

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Sue
Free laundry for top tier as well as priority tenders.

Not too bothered about about the free laundry but if they offer priority tenders to higher grade loyalty members that will annoy me. No matter how many cruises they have taken or how much they have spent on them their shore excursions are the same price as mine (even less given the extra discount they get) so why should I have to wait any longer to return to the ship.
If that is implemented we will not book P&O excursions and go DIY, they are a rip off anyway.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Suekersh wrote:
I had heard some time ago that they were announcing the changes in July this year. Guess we will have to wait and see. Lots of rumours flying around regarding this including points based on cost of cruise and on board spend. Free laundry for top tier as well as priority tenders. All rumours based on a P & O questionnaire as nothing has been announced yet. They piddled about with it a few years ago and managed to upset more pax than they pleased.

Sue
Elite members of the Princess cruise line (and most people on here would qualify) get the free laundry and priority tenders plus a fully stocked fridge of miniatures, beers and soft drinks at the moment but no discount on final bill. I am just about to fill in my post cruise questionnaire from P&O which arrived in my inbox today before I got home :sarcasm: Although the changes last time didn't affect me I remember a lot of people being upset that the goal posts had been moved further away - as you say Sue all rumour at the moment - it's a case of wait and see :lolno:
Janis

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

You're right Blod. We're still two cruises short of Caribbean on P&O, which we will achieve in February if they don't move the goalposts again. But we were Elite on Princess some time ago on the strength of those same P&O points

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Weve b en Baltic for sure me time as it happens but they haven't asked me my opinion.

Just as well, I'm still compiling my full and frank report on the last cruise we did on Aurora.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

You need to talk to Cubie. He does full and frank.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
You're right Blod. We're still two cruises short of Caribbean on P&O, which we will achieve in February if they don't move the goalposts again. But we were Elite on Princess some time ago on the strength of those same P&O points
Never mind Merv, we are still in Duck Pond tier.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

We are still 3 or 4 cruises away from Caribbean, so not likely to achieve it until 2018, by which time they will certainly have moved the goalposts and will probably be having another review.
So its unlikely we will benefit from the current thinking, unless Carnival decide to sell them off to RCI, aaah one can but dream.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Inside info say that Atlantic and below will automatically be bumped two grades the after completing just two cruises of any number of nights .......

;)

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Whatever they do will suit some and not others. The 10% discount we get with P&O is nice, but we generally get a decent amount of OBC so that negates the discount.

We really like the huge amount of internet time Cunard gives each of us, because we have sick relatives and need to keep in touch - but that doesn't suit others. Princess probably have the best out of the Carnival brands and we used the unlimited internet AND the daily laundry AND the mini bar set up a lot, but others don'tlike much of it.

The loyalty benefits don't influence us whatsoever, and at the end of the day, the beancounters will only offer what suits THEM!
Gill

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Stephen wrote:
Inside info say that Atlantic and below will automatically be bumped two grades the after completing just two cruises of any number of nights .......

Does that take me from Duck Pond to Lake class then Stephen ?

;)

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

With any loyalty scheme you have to remember that it is the customer that is paying for it - P&O will not be giving anything away.

With the current scheme the "lower ranks" are subsidising the "upper ranks"

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Whatever they do will end up upsetting more people than they please. The only ones to come out of it really well will be........Carnival !!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Raybosailor wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Does that take me from Duck Pond to Lake class then Stephen ?

;)

See you there Ray :)

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Are they introducing a Gutter Class then ?

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

towny44 wrote:
So its unlikely we will benefit from the current thinking, unless Carnival decide to sell them off to RCI, aaah one can but dream.
If they slashed service that far I'd have to go to Thomson

Golden Princess
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Golden Princess »

If they re-launch the loyalty club, I wonder what date they will pick this time to start the scheme from? So many people lost so many cruises on the last review. Still it will benefit the new cruisers and, as they always say, it will be because of passengers' feed back.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

So long as I get my curly canapes in 2018 I don't care

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote:
Are they introducing a Gutter Class then ?

Only for you qb

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
So long as I get my curly canapes in 2018 I don't care
The smoke salmon had better be fresh too 8-)

The Tinker
First Officer
First Officer

Post by The Tinker »

Raybosailor wrote:
Sue

Not too bothered about about the free laundry but if they offer priority tenders to higher grade loyalty members that will annoy me. No matter how many cruises they have taken or how much they have spent on them their shore excursions are the same price as mine (even less given the extra discount they get) so why should I have to wait any longer to return to the ship.
If that is implemented we will not book P&O excursions and go DIY, they are a rip off anyway.
Hate to disappoint you raybo but suite customers already get priority tenders - so probably easy to extend to the top tiers as the basic system is in place already.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

The Tinker wrote:
Raybosailor wrote:
Sue

Hate to disappoint you raybo but suite customers already get priority tenders - so probably easy to extend to the top tiers as the basic system is in place already.
I never knew that Tinker it was not evident on the tender into Monaco last May.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have only used our priority card a couple of times when leaving the ship, and only because we needed to be ashore early and passengers not on ship's excursions hadn't been told they may go ashore yet.

We have never used it on the return journey, even when I was feeling unwell.
Gill

Return to “P&O”