'Always available' chicken and salmon to return

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

'Always available' chicken and salmon to return

Post by Gill W »

I got back from Oriana yesterday (lovely cruise, will get a report done in due course)

At the Peninsular lunch I was sitting next to a food and beverage chap, and he said that the menus will be changing in the next couple of months, and due to passenger feedback the 'always available' options of steak, chicken and salmon will be returning.

This seemed popular with everyone on the table, and personally I'm delighted as it will give me more options for my no salt requirement

So, it looks as if customer feedback works sometimes!
Gill

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: 'Always available' chicken and salmon to return

Post by oldbluefox »

They should never have been taken out in the first place. I don't know why they thought it a good idea to discontinue them but pleased to hear they are returning.
I wonder what the new menus will be like.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I thought steak was always on the menu. I'm sure I saw it every evening on our recent cruise.
I wonder if they will also learn how to cook roast potato's properly instead of the half hearted attempt they normally serve up.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

No alternatives on Ventura in 2012 but there were on Aurora in 2015. I wonder if they have been playing about with them.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

About time the menus were livened up. They all looked bit samey each day when we checked what was on that evening.

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Glad to hear that Gill, like you I have a dietary condition but mine is gluten intolerance so steak is always a popular option for me. I must say though, the head waiter really went to town when trying to satisfy my dietary needs and even got the chefs to make me up a gluten free meat pie one lunchtime.

We are really looking forward to our Christmas cruise on Oceana and hope the food is as good as previous cruises.

Return to “P&O”