Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Lydz95
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Black and white night dress code

Post by Lydz95 »

Hello 😊
Does anyone know if the black and white night means the outfit can consist of both black and white or does it have to be completely black or completely white?

Thanks 😊

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Black and white night dress code

Post by CaroleF »

Can be either. Some women wear a black outfit then have a white flower pinned to the shoulder, some carry a white pashmina, some may have a white outfit and have something black, some wear a black a white outfit. Some people don't follow the black and white evening but I would say most of the women do. I would say usually you see more women in black carrying something white - even a white bag. I have a black and white jacket that comes out at every black and white evening which I wear with a black, sequin camisole and a long black velvet skirt. Don't worry about it too much. It does tend to be the dressiest evening on board with often a gala menu.

On the last couple of cruises we've been on it was odd in that we had the black and white formal evening with an ordinary menu and then on another casual evening we had the gala menu - most odd!

Carole

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I would not worry too much, in our experience it is observed fully by far fewer then those who ignore it completely, I sometimes wear my black and white bow tie, but not always, we just treat it as any other formal night.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I usually wear a red tie - very schindlers list

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

You could always mix it up and have fifty shades of black & white?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I wouldn't turn up in your night dress though ;)

Welcome to the mad house forum Lydz95 :thumbup:
Last edited by Stephen on 20 Aug 2017, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

It's really just another formal night with a suggested black & white theme. Certainly not compulsory and many ladies do wear different colours

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

just to muddy the waters -on our last cruise, one of our casual nights was designated 'white party'.
There was no overview published at the start, so we only found out when Horizon was delivered the night before. Luckily I still had a predominantly white dress available, but OH had run out of white shirts...

We also had 2 tropical nights!
Meg
x

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

There was a Tropical Night on our last Adonia cruise too, but whilst it was noted in the cruise overview, there was absolutely no mention in the day's Horizon so consequently, most people were totally unaware. The crew had made a big effort, with leis on every place setting in the MDR which looked a bit weird with the majority of passengers in "traditional" smart casual attire !

Return to “P&O”