September on Azura cancelled

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

September on Azura cancelled

Post by Kendhni »

Just received notification this morning that our September cruise on Azura has now been officially cancelled. The wording was interesting because the letter said "Azura will begin her Caribbean fly-cruises slightly later than published from 10 December 2021." - does that imply that all Azura's cruises are now cancelled right up to December?

Disappointing but there is always next years cruises to look forward to.
Last edited by Kendhni on 22 Jun 2021, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: September on Azura cancelled

Post by Stephen »

Bad luck Ken.

Just when you think things are on the up and you have something to look forward to and that happens.
My personal view is your probably better off waiting until next year.

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I agree Stephen, I sort of expected that to happen since under current rules there was no means by which we could have actually taken the holiday.

On the plus side, with our holiday fund coffers now bulging (it is now 4 cruises and 4(?) land based holidays that have been cancelled) all we can do is keep an eye on government advice and see if we can pick up a last minute visit to the sun. If not then I guess it is 'roll-on next March and the Caribbean' :)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Kendhni wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 10:36
I agree Stephen, I sort of expected that to happen since under current rules there was no means by which we could have actually taken the holiday.

On the plus side, with our holiday fund coffers now bulging (it is now 4 cruises and 4(?) land based holidays that have been cancelled) all we can do is keep an eye on government advice and see if we can pick up a last minute visit to the sun. If not then I guess it is 'roll-on next March and the Caribbean' :)

All this cash building up you could be in a position to treat yourself to a suite on your next cruise. :thumbup:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Stephen wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 10:41
Kendhni wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 10:36

All this cash building up you could be in a position to treat yourself to a suite on your next cruise. :thumbup:
We canceled Arcadia to the Med for October, now we fly to the Carib and back from Valletta.
Don't worry, be happy

cruisingtoski
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cruisingtoski »

I’ve just heard today that my Northern Lights cruise on Aurora in November has been cancelled. Disappointed but not really surprised. At least it was cancelled before the balance is due to be paid to the TA at the end of July !
I received an email direct from P&O - nothing yet from the TA !!
Denise

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We just had another look at the prices for the 2023 Caribbean cruises - we might take a flutter or maybe we will just wait to see what land based Caribbean holidays turn up. Mexico, DR, Cuba, Aruba, St Lucia, Barbados a lot to choose from. :)

rogerrovers
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rogerrovers »

Arcadia January 2022 56 nights Cancelled no surprise email today.
In the coming months we'll be announcing more deployment updates. Two new replacement itineraries for Aurora, with winter sun appeal,
Will go on sale on Tuesday 29 June plus a new World Cruise for 2024 will be announced later this year.
Jenny

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

Yes we had the email cancelling the World Cruise 2022 - not surprised but a bit disappointed- interested to see the 2 new Winter Sun replacement cruises - maybe Caribbean 🤞

Pam + Neil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pam + Neil »

it's as we expected- Our autumn Caribbean on Arcadia has been cancelled. The price price was amazing but irrelevant now.

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

To make up for it we have just booked a new land based holiday for September.
Hopefully that one will go ahead .. destination currently in green zone.

Return to “P&O”