Adonia Electric Sockets

Discussions about anything related to Adonia

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Adonia Electric Sockets

Post by oldbluefox »

Something I meant to mention in my review of Adonia and forgot...........

How many times have you been on a ship and you find you can't get the plug in the socket because of the funny shape of the plug and the dressing table top getting in the way? We now carry a small extension lead but I did notice on Adonia there were twin sockets but very neatly one of the sockets was upside down. This meant that those awkward plugs could easily be plugged in.

I can't speak for every cabin as I have only ever been in one but I thought that was a really good idea and one which hopefully will be copied thoughout the fleet.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Adonia Electric Sockets

Post by Quizzical Bob »

oldbluefox wrote:
Something I meant to mention in my review of Adonia and forgot...........

How many times have you been on a ship and you find you can't get the plug in the socket because of the funny shape of the plug and the dressing table top getting in the way? We now carry a small extension lead but I did notice on Adonia there were twin sockets but very neatly one of the sockets was upside down. This meant that those awkward plugs could easily be plugged in.

I can't speak for every cabin as I have only ever been in one but I thought that was a really good idea and one which hopefully will be copied thoughout the fleet.
Normally considered dangerous because the power pins can be exposed on the upper side.

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Adonia Electric Sockets

Post by oldbluefox »

Fair point. I wonder how far it applies to Bermudan registered cruise ships. Either way it is something I felt worth mentioning as I had not come across this arrangement before.

Return to “About Adonia”