Cabin Reviews - Adonia

Discussions about anything related to Adonia

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Adonia

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: Cabin Reviews - Adonia

Post by qbman1 »

Looking forward to trying out the little ship for the first time in June 2014. We are on B-deck right in the middle on the starboard side. I assume that is OK ?

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

we had midships port side B deck. just booked the cabin next door for our next cruise.
Meg
x

Moyra-Challenger
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Moyra-Challenger »

we have been on the Adonia twice and are really looking forward to rejoining her in September. We were on her for Christmas and New Year and had a really wonderful holiday.She has a lovely feel about her and the décor is great

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The ' partly obstructed ' balcony cabins are often sold as Getaway deals ... an absolute bargain as the obstruction is zilch, just a triangle missing top right / left from the balcony view.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Pandora
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Pandora »

We have cruised twice on Adonia and love her. Both times we have been on B deck. The first cabin B009 was just below the outside flying bridge and my husband enjoyed several early morning chats with the deputy captain as we came into port! This year we did Norway and North Cape in May and had B020. This was booked as an "obstructed view" Getaway fare, however we were lucky enough to be allocated one with a completely clear view. I'm sure that P&O use this "obstructed view" as a way of selling cabins off cheaply! On both cruises the cabins were lovely, beautifully clean and plenty of storage space. Hair dryer maybe not the best, but if that's all I can think of to complain about it shows how good the rest is! We are doing a Baltic cruise on Arcadia in August this year, again booked a Getaway fare balcony cabin, and we are just waiting to find out which cabin we will have. I have never been able to fault any of our cabin stewards, they are friendly without being over-familiar, and just can't do enough for you. I really miss being looked after when I get home and back to reality!

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

We had A60 in September. It's the 1st cabin on the port side when you come out of the aft lifts. No issues with noise the 2 weeks we were on board. Kept spotless by our cabin steward.

Would we have the cabin again...you bet.

RB

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Did you have Arwin? We were in A50 in October and similarly had no problems with noise. It was a lovely cabin, plenty of room for our needs and we were very happy with it. It was also very handy for the library, Sorrento and the buffet dining room.

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Yes we did. What a nice chap. The cabin was ideal for us as the wife is a part time wheelchair user.
The only problem we had was we couldn't fit 2 of our cases under the bed but Arwin took them away and bought them back on the last sea day. Great ship.

RB

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

He's a lovely chap - very quiet and unassuming, recently got married.

We always had a problem getting one of our suitcases under the bed as it was too deep but after reading a suggestion on here we now open it out and put shoes, rainwear and anything we don't regularly use in the two 'trays'.

ianwfti
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by ianwfti »

WE have been allocated Cabin C85, joining in Hong KOng on Tuesday. Will report back when able

ChrisM
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by ChrisM »

We are on Adonia in June to the Baltic, and will be in cabin B092. I have had conflicting reports on this cabin, some folks saying it is fine and others that it is noisy and some folks have insisted on being moved! Needless to say I'm a tad worried. I have checked out similar cabins on Azamara ships, which are substantially the same as Adonia (ex Renaissance ships) via a spredsheet and thread on cruise critic, but can't find any info on that specific cabin. However, some folks report a loud hum in similar cabins on the opposite side of the ship.

If anyone has any info I would be very grateful.

Chris

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

ChrisM wrote:
We are on Adonia in June to the Baltic, and will be in cabin B092. I have had conflicting reports on this cabin, some folks saying it is fine and others that it is noisy and some folks have insisted on being moved! Needless to say I'm a tad worried. I have checked out similar cabins on Azamara ships, which are substantially the same as Adonia (ex Renaissance ships) via a spredsheet and thread on cruise critic, but can't find any info on that specific cabin. However, some folks report a loud hum in similar cabins on the opposite side of the ship.

If anyone has any info I would be very grateful.

Chris
It sits between two other passenger decks so the only noise could potentially be the tender going out n back. We have booked 3 different cabins on this deck without any complaints whatsoever.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Cabin Number: A040
Overall Rating: 1* to 5****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5***
Stability: 1* to 5****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5****
Comments:

My first impression was that the bathroom was ridiculously small, but once I started to use it, I found that it was actually fully functional and fine for single person occupancy (unless one was in the shower - or you actually wanted to swing a cat.)
The cabin was spotlessly clean, and the comfortable. The only noise we had was from the lido deck immediately above us. This was usually from the crew moving chairs about etc - but only during sociable hours, though on one rough night there was a table or some such rolling around on the deck above us. The cabin was livelier than expected given its midships position, but the sea state was decidedly choppy, and a force 9 blowing, so the whole ship was moving around a lot. Certainly I found Adonia did not cope with rough seas as well as the bigger ships Oriana or Oceana - but then she is only half their size. The movement didn't worry me, but my OH certainly did not enjoy it.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Cabin Number: B56 (and also been in B54)
Overall Rating: *****
Cleanliness: ***
Furnishings:*****
Balcony: ****
Bathroom: *****
Stability: **
Quiet Cabin?: *****
Comments:
this cabin is great for our needs, easy reach of everywhere.
Adonia had a curious motion which doesn't agree with my balance problem. OH watched as we sailed in the Force 12 winds and likened it to a corkscrew... (but it coped better then than on the B of B)

I'll load piccies later
Meg
x

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Meg
x

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Meg,

We are on Adonia end of August and have booked C77 balcony cabin. We were last on Adonia in 2011 which was P & O s first season. Was the fridge in your cabin in the Wardrobe? Ours was but we were told that they would be being relocated at some point.

Sue

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

no, they've been moved.

the first time it WAS in the wardrobe. now it's part of the run of cupboards opposite the sofa - by the balcony door
Meg
x

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks Meg, I can pack some extra dresses now.

PATW29
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by PATW29 »

Has anyone ever stayed in cabin A93 or any other cabin which is located at the stern? Was it okay?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

PATW29 wrote:
Has anyone ever stayed in cabin A93 or any other cabin which is located at the stern? Was it okay?
We recently ( May 2015 ) stayed in A86, a partially obstructed balcony cabin which is as far back as is possible to go without being in an aft cabin facing the wake.

We have booked into several of these and would generally rate them highly, for the price, but those on 'A' Deck on our cruise travelling via the BOB were more inclined to roll side to side ... book a lower deck if paying the full fare would be my advice.

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

Manoverboard wrote:
PATW29 wrote:
We recently ( May 2015 ) stayed in A86, a partially obstructed balcony cabin which is as far back as is possible to go without being in an aft cabin facing the wake.

We have booked into several of these and would generally rate them highly, for the price, but those on 'A' Deck on our cruise travelling via the BOB were more inclined to roll side to side ... book a lower deck if paying the full fare would be my advice.
Agree with everything you say MOB. We stayed in C86 on our cruise in April/May 2015 (could have been the same cruise as you D509) and did not feel too much of a roll but our table companions who had a cabin towards the front of the ship on A deck felt more movement. We only booked 3 weeks before departure and could not get our favourite midships outside on D deck so had to take what was available and chose C86 obstructed balcony. The only obstruction was the top left-hand corner of the balcony. We would definitely have one of these cabins again.

Barbara x
Barbara x

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

Has anyone been in an outside obstructed view about midship deck C, there is a Cruise we like the look of but its pretty much sold out

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

No, I haven't, but that's going to be behind the lifeboats

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

qbman1 wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 16:09