X506N solar eclipse northern lights

Oriana cruises in 2015

Topic author
DANSCOMBE6158
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

X506N solar eclipse northern lights

Post by DANSCOMBE6158 »

I've booked this cruise first time as a solo cruiser would like to know if anyone else booked

Diane

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Re: X506N solar eclipse northern lights

Post by gfwgfw »

Diane

Good for you . . . . and a very warm welcome on board are ever so friendly confection

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Topic author
DANSCOMBE6158
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DANSCOMBE6158 »

Thank you Graham

I have cruised many times before but with my partner who sadly passed away 2012, it is something we always wanted to do and I'm sure I will make new friends on board.

Diane

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I am fortunate enough to have my husband still, but if I had to travel alone, I think cruising would definitely be the way to go. In the main people are friendly and I know we have included solo travellers in our plans when on board at times.

I hope you have a wonderful time - and welcome to the forum.
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Welcome Diane :wave:

Not on your cruise but I'm sure there will be plenty of solo travellers but then you are never alone on a cruise, it is one of the few holidays that no matter what you are doing people just seem to talk to you, it is certainly something I feel I would be comfortable doing should I ever find myself in the same position.

Have a wonderful time.
Jo

12maxine
Cadet
Cadet

Post by 12maxine »

Hello Diane - I am also on this. Not alone though but if I was I would certainly choose a cruise as a holiday, as previous post. It is coming quickly now and I have started to get the cold weather clothes together (mostly borrowed!). We normally do the caribbean at Christmas so it seems strange not packing lightweight clothes. So looking forward to it and hope we are lucky with the lights. Maybe we will bump into each other, if not have a fabulous time.

Topic author
DANSCOMBE6158
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DANSCOMBE6158 »

12maxine wrote:
Hello Diane - I am also on this. Not alone though but if I was I would certainly choose a cruise as a holiday, as previous post. It is coming quickly now and I have started to get the cold weather clothes together (mostly borrowed!). We normally do the caribbean at Christmas so it seems strange not packing lightweight clothes. So looking forward to it and hope we are lucky with the lights. Maybe we will bump into each other, if not have a fabulous time.
Hi Maxine
2 weeks to go and getting really excited maybe we will bump into each other but how will we know?

Diane Anscombe

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Diane - if I may make a suggestion, why not post on "The Meeting Place - Oriana" on this forum and you may be able to arrange to meet up with other like-minded people on the cruise. We have often set up forum meeting on other cruises and some people have made lasting friendships.

Sadly, I am not on this one but hope you all have a great cruise

Topic author
DANSCOMBE6158
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DANSCOMBE6158 »

qbman1 wrote:
Diane - if I may make a suggestion, why not post on "The Meeting Place - Oriana" on this forum and you may be able to arrange to meet up with other like-minded people on the cruise. We have often set up forum meeting on other cruises and some people have made lasting friendships.

Sadly, I am not on this one but hope you all have a great cruise

Ok thanks for that

12maxine
Cadet
Cadet

Post by 12maxine »

Not long now - have got all dresses hanging to choose from! Of course how would we recognise each other! Maybe we could meet in the Crows Nest the first day after boarding about 11am? I will go but if you are not there no worries - we will have plenty of time on sea days. Whatever it will be a lovely cruise

Return to “Oriana Cruises 2015”