Saga Danube river cruise

Anything to do with river cruising

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Saga Danube river cruise

Post by Whynd1 »

Looking to try a river cruise next year, and Saga are offering no single supplements on specific cruises.
Has anybody done a Saga river cruise and if so would you recommend. Looking at 9 nights on the Danube.

Thanks
Lindsey

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Saga Danube river cruise

Post by oldbluefox »

Lyndsey, we have not done a river cruise but we have cruised with Saga and were very pleasewd with them. They are more expensive than other cruise lines but, as they say, you get what you pay for. The staff and crew were marvellous and went out of their way to ensure a good holiday and a personal service. Hopefully somebody will have done a river cruise and can help you further.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

You will also find that ' Titan ' offer riverboat cruises on Saga's ' exclusive use ' vessels, this arises because these two companies have recently-ish merged.

We will be cruising on the Regina Rheni II in the not too distant future so will be able to advise you of our findings.

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Thank you both. I have been looking at Titan as well as have just read the review of your Christmas cruise mob.

The package has a lot going for it as they do a door to door pick up. I thought it would be nice to try something different and I am definitely getting very fed up of the high single supplemt swith P and O.

Lindsey

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Whynd1 wrote:
Looking to try a river cruise next year, and Saga are offering no single supplements on specific cruises.
Has anybody done a Saga river cruise and if so would you recommend. Looking at 9 nights on the Danube.

Thanks
Lindsey
Good afternoon Lindsey.

I have cruised with Saga and rate them quite highly though never done a dedicated river cruise.

My experience on the Danube was with Viking. If you would like an insight into what it's like here is a link to a review I wrote...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... ng-maiden/

Another great river cruise experience.

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

oldbluefox wrote:
Lyndsey, we have not done a river cruise but we have cruised with Saga and were very pleasewd with them. They are more expensive than other cruise lines but, as they say, you get what you pay for. The staff and crew were marvellous and went out of their way to ensure a good holiday and a personal service. Hopefully somebody will have done a river cruise and can help you further.
Couldn't agree more Oldbluefox.

And I just did: help further that is. :lol:

Return to “River Cruising”