Azura A608

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Azura A608

Post by ChrisB »

Is anyone else coming along or are we alone?
Regards
Chris

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Azura A608

Post by MicheleW »

Hi Chris,

Hubby and I are on this one too. All new ports for us except for Gibraltar. We were on Azura a couple of years ago and despite initial reservations, once on board, found that we liked her.

Noticed that the dress codes are on cruise personaliser now - 5 formal and 12 smart casual with tropical, black & white and 60s/70s themed nights.

Only 8 weeks to go now - only 8 weeks left to try and shed some of the "winter pounds"!

Michele

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Michele, We have been to all the ports before but, some of them, not for a long time. We went on the Azura maiden and have sailed on her about 7 times since. Arcadia is our favorite ship with Azura next.

Yes I noticed the dress code. I wish they still did the semi formal nights but I suppose things have to move on.

The time will pass very quickly and we will be on board. Can't wait for the sun to shine.
Regards
Chris

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Yes, I think it is a shame that they have changed the dress codes, I love the opportunity to get dressed up and will continue to be overdressed compared to some!

We too are looking forward to some sunshine - when I last checked, it was about 18 degrees in Athens :D

Regards,

Michele

PS. We are also big fans of Arcadia.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

I am with you Michele, we will both be overdressed in the evenings.
Regards
Chris

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Hello folks.

I am also on this cruise, along with my chum Lizzie (she posts as Bizzie 21 on this site). We are both frequent cruisers on Azura and do very much love the ship and all it offers.

I managed to secure one of my favourite cabins right on the aft..............it is wonderful to view the wash as we go along. Lizzie has a cabin very close to mine and we share many a tincture on my balcony as we steam along!!!

And also, we are ladies who also regret the passing of the "informal" code and like you we too overdress in the evening!!!

Just 7 weeks this Friday.................bring it on!!!!

Best wishes
Maureen

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Maureen. We too love Azura, especially The Glass House.

We were on Azura last October. We were offered an upgrade to an aft suite at a reasonable price. The suite was fine but I really didn't like the position. I felt really cut off at the back of the ship. I know a lot of people prefer the aft cabins but for me it has to be mid ship. We had 3 very rough sea days and you can really feel it in the aft cabins.

Looking forward to seeing the sunshine. I don't think it's ever going to stop raining here on the south coast.
Regards
Chris

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Hi Maureen,

We have taken a chance and booked an early saver this time, so don't know where we will be on the ship - we just know that it will be a balcony cabin. It would be lovely it was on C deck, but I'm not holding my breath!! Also hoping that the dining turns out OK. We would prefer the late sitting, would be happy with freedom, but definitely don't want the early sitting. We have been able to request our preference so will just have to keep out fingers crossed! We could end up in the select dining restaurants every night, but it would be a shame to miss out on the formal nights in the main restaurant!

Michele

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Information leaflet arrived today - makes it seem much closer now!

Might even have to get the suitcases out!

Michele

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Our information booklet arrived yesterday.

I agree Michele, it makes it feel much closer.

E-tickets next.

Only five weeks to go (I never count the last week)
Regards
Chris

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

ChrisB wrote:
Hi Maureen. We too love Azura, especially The Glass House.

We were on Azura last October. We were offered an upgrade to an aft suite at a reasonable price. The suite was fine but I really didn't like the position. I felt really cut off at the back of the ship. I know a lot of people prefer the aft cabins but for me it has to be mid ship. We had 3 very rough sea days and you can really feel it in the aft cabins.

Looking forward to seeing the sunshine. I don't think it's ever going to stop raining here on the south coast.

Hi Chris,
Like you I am looking forward to some sun......hopefully! I know what you mean about the movement at the aft end, but I have been in some dire weather on Azura and she rode it well. It's far worse being at the front, there the movement is much worse.

Regards

Maureen

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

MaureenB wrote:
Hello folks.

I
Just 7 weeks this Friday.................bring it on!!!!

Best wishes
Maureen

Blimey.......not like me to get the weeks wrong!! But Chris is right it IS 6 weeks today!!

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

MicheleW wrote:
Hi Maureen,

We have taken a chance and booked an early saver this time, so don't know where we will be on the ship - we just know that it will be a balcony cabin. It would be lovely it was on C deck, but I'm not holding my breath!! Also hoping that the dining turns out OK. We would prefer the late sitting, would be happy with freedom, but definitely don't want the early sitting. We have been able to request our preference so will just have to keep out fingers crossed! We could end up in the select dining restaurants every night, but it would be a shame to miss out on the formal nights in the main restaurant!

Michele

Hi Michele,

Know what you mean about C deck with the much larger balconys. That was always my first choice until I had the aft cabins! They also have much larger balconys.

I think you will be fine with the late sitting as it appears nowadays that there has been a large swing towards the first sitting (goodness knows why!!) and that is nearly always wait listed. Lizzie and I are on Freedom Dining after many cruises on late sitting. We very much enjoy that now. I have even done Freedom when I have been travelling solo. It's a great way to meet people!! Anyway good luck!!

Best wishes

Maureen

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

The E tickets and luggage labels have arrived in my Cruise Personaliser!! It's getting close!!

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

I keep checking on the cruise personaliser, but we haven't had our cabin allocated yet. Hopefully shouldn't be too long now.

Have got the suitcases and suit carriers on the bed in the spare room now - can start amassing my shoe collection!

Michele

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

MicheleW wrote:
I keep checking on the cruise personaliser, but we haven't had our cabin allocated yet. Hopefully shouldn't be too long now.

Have got the suitcases and suit carriers on the bed in the spare room now - can start amassing my shoe collection!

Michele
Don't forget to book Pickfords to move them !!

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

MicheleW wrote:

Michele

Yes Michele, I remember reading about your shoe collection. Fear ye not..................I too have a shoe collection.................a LARGEshoe collection.....................!!! :lol: :crazy: The best thing is I have a cabin to myself to store them plus the clothes!! :lolno:

Maureen

Bizzie21
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bizzie21 »

MaureenB wrote:
MicheleW wrote:

Michele

Yes Michele, I remember reading about your shoe collection. Fear ye not..................I too have a shoe collection.................a LARGEshoe collection.....................!!! :lol: :crazy: The best thing is I have a cabin to myself to store them plus the clothes!! :lolno:

Maureen

Not to mention your own personal shoe slave to assist in doing the darn things up! ;)

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Yes Michele, I remember reading about your shoe collection. Fear ye not..................I too have a shoe collection.................a LARGEshoe collection.....................!!! The best thing is I have a cabin to myself to store them plus the clothes!! :lolno:

Maureen[/quote]
Not to mention your own personal shoe slave to assist in doing the darn things up! ;)[/quote]

It is an honour for you to serve Lizzie .............. :lol: .as it is when you do up those damned side zips for me................. :crazy:

Just think of all those G & Ts in payment.............................lol...................... :

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Just received our cabin allocation today - we are in A530. Happy with that, as it is fairly midships and has cabins above and below - just hope our dining allocation works out as favourably!

Four weeks today!

Michele

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Three weeks today and we will hopefully be on board!! Printed off our luggage labels and e-tickets now.

We have got an arrival time of 3.00pm, but as we are staying locally the night before, we planning to drop our luggage off at about noon and go into the town centre for a couple of hours.

Michele

Current shoe count: 17

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

MicheleW wrote:
Current shoe count: 17
Well, that's just for starters. Has OH started cleaning them yet? :wave:

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

As you say OBF - just for starters!

Not too bothered about OH cleaning them for me - just as long as he can carry them all!

Michele

Hope you are both well.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Michele, glad you are happy with your cabin number. We usually prefer the C deck cabins because of the large balconies. This time we have gone for D deck midship mainly because they have a bath and OH has a bad back so likes a soak in a hot bath.

I don't usually check the prices after we have booked, however, yesterday i did check and boy have they gone up. So we did well, also with a large amount of OBC.
Regards
Chris

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Well, the packing is well under way now - although I still have a pile of ironing to get done :(

Have got all 17 pairs of shoes packed :D , not quite sure how I'm going to fit everything else in considering that we are planning on self-disembarkation and need to carry everything off ourselves!

Only 5 days to go :D starting to get excited now!

Michele

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”