Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Princess Cruises Loyalty Scheme Changes

Post by Jan Rosser »

Just had an email from Princess Cruises containing the following information:-

Important Information: Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:
1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.
2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.
3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.
Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincircle ... efits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.
4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,
Princess Cruises

It's many years since P&O accepted points from Princess Cruises sailings - we regularly sailed with them up to around 2005 and probably the extra points tipped us into the "Goldies" tier that much quicker. The last time we sailed with Princess the cruise director told us they were going to update their scheme - there were too many Elite members :lolno:

I wonder whether this will trigger a change in P&O terms and conditions in their loyalty scheme.
Janis

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Princess Cruises Loyalty Scheme Changes

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Just got in under the wire. We are Elite on Princess courtesy of our P&O sailings and will, according to this, hang on to it because we have already sailed on Princess once! Phew

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

All Mods are ' Elite ' by default ... just saying.

ps ... Mobietta and I remain ' elite ' with Princess like wot Merv does.

pps ... thanks, Jan, for the heads up :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

nice one Merv, it can be annoying when they change the goal posts, and you end up out outside looking in.
Don't worry, be happy

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I heard about 18 months ago this was likely to happen so I joined the Princess loyalty scheme, we have never sailed with them and don't expect to but now they've taken the advantages away unless you have cruised with them I probably wouldn't even give them a consideration now.
Jo

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Manoverboard wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 15:58

Us two commoners are elite as well. Have only done 2 Princess cruises but will be doing another in October so we won't feel quite so guilty about enjoying all those excellent elite benefits which are far superior than the Baltic benefits we get on PO.

Maureen

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

That's a shame, we're 5 points from Elite.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Thanks Jan, On this basis we will keep our "elite" level but we don't have any plans to use them again but never say never things and plans do change :)

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 15:42
Just got in under the wire. We are Elite on Princess courtesy of our P&O sailings and will, according to this, hang on to it because we have already sailed on Princess once! Phew
We've done nearly as many Princess cruises as P&O and having the benefit was always good.

Never worked the other way round of course so not surprised they've stopped it.

Afraid we we haven't reached the dizzy heights of Elite though
Last edited by allatc on 01 Dec 2017, 17:10, edited 2 times in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Just checked my Captains Circle data and they only have 2 of my 5 future P&O bookings registered. In total they add up to 108 days, I might even reach super Elite, or whatever they might call it if they are changing the levels, I hope my e-mail reminder will sort it out.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

towny44 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 17:29
Just checked my Captains Circle data and they only have 2 of my 5 future P&O bookings registered. In total they add up to 108 days, I might even reach super Elite, or whatever they might call it if they are changing the levels, I hope my e-mail reminder will sort it out.
My future cruises are listed - just checked :thumbup:
Janis

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

I received the email after Jan told us about it. I checked my points after townie mentioned them, obviously I can't think for myself and they have two of my future cruises listed but have missed one out!

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

rita17 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 16:18
That's a shame, we're 5 points from Elite.
But when you next Cruise with Princess you will move to Elite as long as you have cruised with them before.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

allatc wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 17:00
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 15:42
We've done nearly as many Princess cruises as P&O and having the benefit was always good.

Never worked the other way round of course so not surprised they've stopped it.

Afraid we we haven't reached the dizzy heights of Elite though
It did once work the other way round but not as generously. Then P&O stopped it

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Dai, we have got a future cruise deposit with Princess but have not decided on anything yet. Will we go up to Elite during our next cruise or will we have to wait until the next one?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

rita17 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 23:45
Dai, we have got a future cruise deposit with Princess but have not decided on anything yet. Will we go up to Elite during our next cruise or will we have to wait until the next one?
You will need to have sailed on the cruise which takes up to Elite level before you receive the Elite perks.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

towny44 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 09:21
rita17 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 23:45
You will need to have sailed on the cruise which takes up to Elite level before you receive the Elite perks.
Yes as with P&O you do not get the benefits until the cruise after the one on which you qualify.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I wonder if this is a prelude to the long rumoured changes to the P&O loyalty scheme?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Kenmo1 wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 16:12
Manoverboard wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 15:58

Us two commoners are elite as well. Have only done 2 Princess cruises but will be doing another in October so we won't feel quite so guilty about enjoying all those excellent elite benefits which are far superior than the Baltic benefits we get on PO.

Maureen
All uz Mods are commoners as well as being eel-ite ... just saying :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

Thank you John and Dai for your replies. Thought that would be the case. Have done three Princess cruises. Most of our points were gained through P & O.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

To be honest, I'm surprised this 'loophole' has lasted so long.

I haven't yet tried Princess, but want to in due course. I would have gone into their loyalty scheme as 'Elite, which would have been crazy, considering I've never set foot on a Princess ship.
Gill

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

david63 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 10:56
I wonder if this is a prelude to the long rumoured changes to the P&O loyalty scheme?
I thought that as well until I looked out the window and saw some strange things flying by.

And not a blanket in sight.

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Gill W wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 15:04
To be honest, I'm surprised this 'loophole' has lasted so long.

I haven't yet tried Princess, but want to in due course. I would have gone into their loyalty scheme as 'Elite, which would have been crazy, considering I've never set foot on a Princess ship.
Well I thought the same in May but I did not complain, it would have been rude to do that.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We have been on three Princess cruises the last one was on Elite thank goodness because tendering would have been a nightmare other wise the same goes for embarkation. We're not in a hurry to use them again!

Return to “Princess”