New P&O website

Topics that are specific to cruising

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: New P&O website

Post by Quizzical Bob »

david63 wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 18:45
The selecting of months is probably by design. It is very difficult to do a search on more than one unconnected date.
It’s just a straightforward filter and the old site managed it without a problem.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I must admit for most passengers I see no need for it. I never have before. If I want a cruise it is usually over a period of two or three months. As I said above if I want a cruise in say May or September I'll do two separate searches. I appreciate that may not work for everyone but in the grand scheme of things it hardly seems a showstopper.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 22:55
I must admit for most passengers I see no need for it. I never have before. If I want a cruise it is usually over a period of two or three months. As I said above if I want a cruise in say May or September I'll do two separate searches. I appreciate that may not work for everyone but in the grand scheme of things it hardly seems a showstopper.
I would go along with that, lack of this facility is hardly a showstopper.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

It is important and it is not the only showstopper in town.

If I, and many other people I know, want a cruise there are very specific windows that need to be searched. Not everybody is retired or free of commitments that they can go at any time. There are also other parameters such as showing prices for balcony cabins rather than interior ones.

These options were available on the original website and have disappeared. If you find their loss acceptable then bully for you but I know of people who have given up on using the site and have looked elsewhere.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Quizzical Bob wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 16:17
It is important and it is not the only showstopper in town.

If I, and many other people I know, want a cruise there are very specific windows that need to be searched. Not everybody is retired or free of commitments that they can go at any time. There are also other parameters such as showing prices for balcony cabins rather than interior ones.

These options were available on the original website and have disappeared. If you find their loss acceptable then bully for you but I know of people who have given up on using the site and have looked elsewhere.
Bob, there is a facility to change from inside cabin to any alternative, not sure if you can do this from your first group selection, but you certainly can as you browse each selected cruise.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”