Last One to Post Wins

Keep all games together

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Last One to Post Wins

Post by Stephen »

A good ploy by your husband. No doubt a top of the range humongous thing. :D :thumbup:

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Stephen wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 15:13
A good ploy by your husband. No doubt a top of the range humongous thing. :D :thumbup:
Not humongous but all singing and dancing :crazy: Perhaps he'll let me turn it on occasionally :lol:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Happydays wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 16:13
Not humongous but all singing and dancing :crazy: Perhaps he'll let me turn it on occasionally :lol:
I bought a new tv last year and it’s one of these with voice commands but it struggles with my Welsh accent sometimes and it’s quite funny what it finds for me :lolno:
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I doubt it. You'll be too busy fetching the beers and nibbles :D

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 16:22
I bought a new tv last year and it’s one of these with voice commands but it struggles with my Welsh accent sometimes and it’s quite funny what it finds for me :lolno:

Take it back for a refund Jan. If it can't understand Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch then it's not worth having :D

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Stephen wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 16:34

Take it back for a refund Jan. If it can't understand Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch then it's not worth having :D
I’m impressed Stephen :wave:
Janis

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Oh don't get me started my husband got an "Alexa" and the times he shouts at it is hilarious😂 ....keeps me amused

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

We are having SkyQ installed on Monday, and I believe it also has voice control, but coming from God's own county where we all speak perfect grammatically correct English, then I expect we should have no problems. :o :roll:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

towny44 wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:47
We are having SkyQ installed on Monday, and I believe it also has voice control, but coming from God's own county where we all speak perfect grammatically correct English, then I expect we should have no problems. :o :roll:
I have SkyQ and hope it understands you better than me John - I asked for Inspector Montalbano (Italian police series with sub titles) and it just didn’t get it so between the Samsung tv and the Sky box I give up sometimes :crazy:
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Happydays wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:23

Oh don't get me started my husband got an "Alexa" and the times he shouts at it is hilarious😂 ....keeps me amused

I do the same with the bl**dy thing. She understands ok when you want her to do something, but asking her an instruction when the music is playing she cops a deaf'n. The bitch :D

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Happydays wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 22:23

Come on Happy, it's a man thing, shouting at inanimate objects.
Don't worry, be happy

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

That means my husband is an expert :)

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 23:32
I have SkyQ and hope it understands you better than me John - I asked for Inspector Montalbano (Italian police series with sub titles) and it just didn’t get it so between the Samsung tv and the Sky box I give up sometimes :crazy:
SkyQ installed and working, I spent the first half hour reinputting the current schedule of recordings, and the list of those already recorded from catch up and on demand.
Then I set about playing with the voice command feature, if only I had started there first it would have made it far easier to set up all the old recordings. You just need to tell it a programme name, and low and behold it finds all existing episodes of that programme. I think I might like my new toy, although it did keep confusing Spooks with Sports.
Last edited by towny44 on 06 Oct 2020, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
John

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

towny44 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 14:56
Jan Rosser wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 23:32
SkyQ installed and working, I spent the first half hour reinputting the current schedule of recordings, and the list of those already recorded from catch up and on demand.
Then I set about playing with the voice command feature, if only I had started there first it would have made it far easier to set up all the old recordings. You just need to tell it a programme name, and low and behold it finds all existing episodes of that programme. I think I might like my new toy, although it did keep confusing Spooks with Sports.
Well done you - it is handy isn’t it and as you say finds all the episodes of programme - I’m impressed!!! I find it’s best not to hesitate when asking for a programme as this is where you get alternatives come up you are not a bit interested in :crazy: I’ve just worked out today how to airdrop from my MacBook to my tv so I can do my Zoom dance sessions using the tv screen. Quite pleased with myself ;)
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

The rain has returned.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Same here Stephen :thumbdown:

Zoom session of yoga this morning and then I’ve got an appointment to give blood today - first time since before the country-wide lockdown in March. They’ll probably hose me down with disinfectant before taking it :lolno: A cuppa and a biscuit and back home for a lie down and that’s my day folks :wave:
Janis

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Jan Rosser wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 08:44

Zoom session of yoga this morning and then I’ve got an appointment to give blood today - first time since before the country-wide lockdown in March. They’ll probably hose me down with disinfectant before taking it :lolno: A cuppa and a biscuit and back home for a lie down and that’s my day folks :wave:
Too much excitement in one day Jan, you will need a rest tomorrow. :wave:
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Jan Rosser wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 08:44

We're doing exactly the same except for the yoga and blood donating ... what a coincidence ;)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

The weather up here has been glorious today. We had a walk into town this morning and it felt like a beautiful autumn day with blue skies and a touch of crispness in the air. The lambs are really quite grown up now and we were surprised to see the swans have managed to raise 8 cygnets, now almost full size and losing their grey plumage. We have been very fortunate with weather up here in t'north. I had to go over to Newcastle on Monday and it rained on us there.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

oldbluefox wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 17:44
The weather up here has been glorious today. We had a walk into town this morning and it felt like a beautiful autumn day with blue skies and a touch of crispness in the air. The lambs are really quite grown up now and we were surprised to see the swans have managed to raise 8 cygnets, now almost full size and losing their grey plumage. We have been very fortunate with weather up here in t'north. I had to go over to Newcastle on Monday and it rained on us there.

You like living dangerously Foxy :D

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Living in what is one of the dry parts of the country for rain fall, a lot of the fields now look like paddy fields. Nice to see a clear sky and sun this morning and gentle breeze
Just in anticipation of Stephen, paddy field = rice field. :thumbup:
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ray B wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 08:09
Living in what is one of the dry parts of the country for rain fall, a lot of the fields now look like paddy fields. Nice to see a clear sky and sun this morning and gentle breeze
Just in anticipation of Stephen, paddy field = rice field. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Has been quite a nice day but a bit blustery at the top of the hill😲 have been taking my dog across the Field before it gets ploughed. She loves to roll in the stubble ha ha. Won't be too long before it gets ploughed as the field's next to it are almost finished😞 must say I like going there as well, very few people and I get a good view of anyone coming so can avoid them!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I think I'm going to invest in a car cam after the experience this morning. Some ar*e hole was riding my tail a mile away from home so I slowed right up to make a point. What does he do, come flying past straight down the middle of the road through the traffic completely ignoring the chevron markings and the 40mph limit and then turn left into the housing estate literally a hundred yards away. I was all for following him and giving him a piece of my mind but Mrs S had other ideas and talked me out of it. What a prat, the driver not Mrs S, I'm not that brave.

I'd have just loved to be able to forward the cam footage to the police had I had a car cam. Whether they would act upon it I don't know but it would make me feel better knowing that idiots like him will be getting a letter through the post or worse a court appearance. :evil:
Last edited by Stephen on 15 Oct 2020, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Nothing worse than a ' grass ' .... just saying :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Games”