Anything about any other cruise line and/or ship

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Room issues with T/A

Post by macca1914 »

Hi all,

Really stuck on this one. I'm on Koningsdam, sailing next month through Alaska (yes you're all jealous). However I booked an inside cabin, which was suddenly upgraded to a balcony. It's the first time I used a travel agent, Jetline Cruises, and according to HAL they asked for an upgrade. The mistake was discovered last week, but all the inside cabins are sold out, so they offered an ocean view right at the AFT of deck 1. Now today I've looked and it's gone back to category N, which is an inside cabin. So not sure if I should call the agent and sort it or just wait until I get to Vancouver. It's all been messy.

Thoughts would be appreciated. :crazy:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Room issues with T/A

Post by Manoverboard »

The views are amazing ... dump the inside cabin if at all possible and deffo go for an AFT cabin ... is my opinion. :thumbup:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I'd be onto the travel agent asking what's going on.

I'm with Moby, balcony cabin every time.
Last edited by Stephen on 15 Aug 2023, 12:38, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

Manoverboard wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 12:36
The views are amazing ... dump the inside cabin if at all possible and deffo go for an AFT cabin ... is my opinion. :thumbup:
🀘🀘

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

Stephen wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 12:36
I'd be onto the travel agent asking what's going on.

I'm with Moby, balcony cabin every time.
Hi, I called the TA when it first screwed up and they denied all knowledge until HAL showed the proof. Not sure they'll do anything now. I've got zero confidence in them and will book direct myself in the future.

I'm tempted just to wait until I get to the ship and probably sort it out there.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

macca1914 wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 12:20
The mistake was discovered last week
What mistake?

Was this a free upgrade or a paid upgrade and if it was a paid upgrade then unless you specifically agreed to pay an unknown amount at some point in the future then the TA is at fault.

I would speak with the TA to find out what is going on - after all that is what you are paying them for.

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

david63 wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 12:46
What mistake?

Was this a free upgrade or a paid upgrade and if it was a paid upgrade then unless you specifically agreed to pay an unknown amount at some point in the future then the TA is at fault.

I would speak with the TA to find out what is going on - after all that is what you are paying them for.
The TA apparantly made a mistake and requested an upgrade. Then received an invoice for it. Then they tried to blame me. Yes I have spoken to the TA and they denied all knowledge but HAL said it came from the TA. I'm now in a position where I don't want to annoy the TA, even though it is their fault, as I'm still waiting for the cruise. But at the same time, it's all really messy. I've gone from inside, to balcony to oceanview to inside?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Maybe so but in any event you'll still be going to Alaska and delightful Vancouver ;)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

Manoverboard wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 14:19
Maybe so but in any event you'll still be going to Alaska and delightful Vancouver ;)
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's my thoughts is to just go with it and deal with it on the ship or when I'm back.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

macca1914 wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 14:15
david63 wrote: ↑15 Aug 2023, 12:46
What mistake?

The TA apparantly made a mistake and requested an upgrade. Then received an invoice for it. Then they tried to blame me. Yes I have spoken to the TA and they denied all knowledge but HAL said it came from the TA. I'm now in a position where I don't want to annoy the TA, even though it is their fault, as I'm still waiting for the cruise. But at the same time, it's all really messy. I've gone from inside, to balcony to oceanview to inside?

Their c*ck up they should put it right in some form or other especially as you have proof of it. Try mentioning that you will contact ABTA about your situation, that's providing your travel agent is ABTA registered. https://www.abta.com/help-and-complaint ... er-support

For future reference, and it's completely your choice, for many years we have used a company called CruiseKings who have always been very good, and professional. https://www.cruisekings.co.uk/#modal-popup-subscribe
Last edited by Stephen on 15 Aug 2023, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
macca1914
Cadet
Cadet

Post by macca1914 »

Thanks for the advice guys

Return to β€œAny Other Cruise Line/Ship”