Ambassador

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Ambassador

Post by oldbluefox »

Well I've just gone and done it and booked a non-P&O cruise. This time it's on Ambassador Ambition next year and we're sailing out of Newcastle. It still means a drive of a couple of hours but we won't need to leave the day before, won't need an overnight hotel stay and will be home by lunchtime afterwards.
It's a smaller ship and looks very traditional which should suit us perfectly. All the reviews look very complimentary so we will just have to wait and see. I must admit we are looking forward to it.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Ambassador

Post by Ray B »

We are on the other ship Foxy, and as you say, feed back looks positive.
Don't worry, be happy

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Look forward to your reviews - a line that I have been considering

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

oldbluefox wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 16:00
Well I've just gone and done it and booked a non-P&O cruise. This time it's on Ambassador Ambition next year and we're sailing out of Newcastle. It still means a drive of a couple of hours but we won't need to leave the day before, won't need an overnight hotel stay and will be home by lunchtime afterwards.
It's a smaller ship and looks very traditional which should suit us perfectly. All the reviews look very complimentary so we will just have to wait and see. I must admit we are looking forward to it.
We are on it on May 23rd for 10 nights.
We couldn’t get a balcony so booked an outside and upgraded to the Expedition drinks package that was half price when we booked.
It’s across to France and northern Spain.
I intend to do a good honest review of the ship.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
It appears to be a bit like Oriana and Artemis but I’ll reserve judgment and let you all know.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

It sounds much like the cruise we will be doing. They are all new ports to us except Coruna.
Be interesting to hear what you think of it barney. Is it Ambience you are on? We're on Ambition.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I'll be interested to hear the feedback too. My personal qualm about Ambassador is the financial pedigree of those who appear to be involved.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

oldbluefox wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:39
It sounds much like the cruise we will be doing. They are all new ports to us except Coruna.
Be interesting to hear what you think of it barney. Is it Ambience you are on? We're on Ambition.
Ambition.
With regards to Merv’s worries, they offer an insurance against the company folding.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Covered by ABTA.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”