G339 Christmas markets cruise

Iona cruises in 2023

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

G339 Christmas markets cruise

Post by Whynd1 »

Booked this cruise and am meeting up with a friend. Did this cruise last year and enjoyed it. Thought we would try different excursions this time.

It's been a difficult few months here as my husband has a few medical problems, cataracts and retina problems and severe vertigo which they think is a result of a low heart rate. Anyway have cover for the week away and it will be lovely to be onboard with the Christmas theme.

I was suprised by how much I enjoyed the Iona so it will be nice to be back on board. Wouldn't want to go in the main school hols though.

Lindsey

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: G339 Christmas markets cruise

Post by cruisin_duo »

Sorry to hear your husband has not been well Lindsey.

Enjoy your cruise when it arrives. It should be lovely in the run-up to Christmas.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

My good lady would love to do a Christmas markets cruise, but the horrible thought of her with the credit card give me the Shakes. :o
Last edited by Ray B on 04 Jul 2023, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Bruges certainly know how to put on a good display at Christmas. We have been there two or three times and they never disappoint.

Your right Ray, you can kiss your credit card goodbye if you let your good lady loose in the shops over there. I’d phone the bank first and get them to set your card limit to a tenner. I’m sure your wife would understand and thank you :shock: :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Just tell them your card has been stolen

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Checked in online this morning, cant quite believe this cruise is only 3 weeks away.

Minor irritation, the intercruise coaches arrival time in Southampton has been back by P and O to avoid congestion. This is just for Iona and Arvia. So my boarding pass says 12pm due to Baltic tier loyalty but wont arrive in Southampton until at least 3.30pm.

Lucky to be getting away and looking forward to it. Booked to go to Delft and Ghent.

Lindsey

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

I promised my wife a Christmas cruise so I’m paying for her and a friend to go to the Frankfurt Christmas Market…how kind is that? :D

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Also booked to go and see Andre Rieu but sadly not in Masstrict but in Birmingham. Always wanted to go to one of his live concerts.

Lindsey

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I'm sure you'll love it Lindsey. I went on a Christmas Markets cruise several years ago on Aurora and it was magic. The ship looked wonderful and the markets were interesting. I don't remember spending lots of money maybe because John kept me away from the shops! The markets were interesting, were mostly lots of food, beautifully wrapped sweets and chocolates, so watch your waistline! Have a great time.

Carole

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Everything is going well here onboard. Coach down was long as boarding was delayed to enable the ship to have a deep clean due to novovirus. However we were given a coloured boarding card and told where to go, which meant we didnt have to join the queue. So with my priority boarding didnt take too long. Security strict had to take boots off and the passengers in front of me had to completely empty 2 pushchairs.
Am in a balcony cabin on deck 10,no issues whatsoever. Lovely cabin steward.
Sofar have eaten in Sindhu, olive Grove and tonight am in the Limelight for celebration night. All the meals have been excellent. No trouble in using the app to book seems quicker than last year.
Had a lovely in Hamburg yesterday the Christmas Market was exceptionally busy.

At sea today back down to Rotterdam.
Enjoying the cruise and have booked again fior next year as its calling at Le Harvre for a trip to Paris never been to Paris.

The ship is looking lovely decorated ready for Christmas.
Take care all.
Lindsey

Return to “Iona Cruises 2023”