Shareholder OBC

Topics relating to P&O

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shareholder OBC

Post by david63 »

Looks as if this is about to end, or at least not available for the next 12 months.

There is no mention of shareholder OBC in the Carnival 2024 Annual Report nor in April's Notice of AGM.

I suspect that since Covid and the price of shares has dropped from the £50 high that many have been buying them to get OBC and it is becoming unsustainable.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Shareholder OBC

Post by barney »

Millions of shares will be dumped if that's so.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Time will tell.
I’ve already applied for my OBC for June cruise with no mention yet of it not being honoured 🤞

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Stephen wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 12:14
I’ve already applied for my OBC for June cruise with no mention yet of it not being honoured
The current date is up to the end of July so no problem there.
barney wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 11:46
Millions of shares will be dumped if that's so.
Not sure that it will be millions - but certainly a few hundred thousand.

It will be interesting to see what is said about it at the AGM and what, if anything, will replace it. My guess would be that there will be a break for a year or two and then a larger share holding (500?) for a small OBC. Another case of the bean counters taking over.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

If that’s the case my shares will be gone,I took a considerable hit on them and am only holding on to them for the obc, suppose it will be the military benefits next.?
Mel

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

I have just sent in my screenshot and by return of email I got an essay about Stockperks.

What it didn't say is whether they will accept what I've sent or if I have to reapply....

Any ideas?
Meg
x

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Who are ‘They’ Meg?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Meg 50 wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 14:37
I have just sent in my screenshot and by return of email I got an essay about Stockperks.

What it didn't say is whether they will accept what I've sent or if I have to reapply....

Any ideas?
Meg, the following was the response I got after submitting the shareholding Information, they then followed this up once it had been accepted by Carnival and was registered.

Thank you for submitting your proof of share ownership. Stockperks is reviewing your submission now and will respond within two (2) working days with next steps.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Stephen wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 14:55
Who are ‘They’ Meg?
the shareholders benefits @ carnival email
Meg
x

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Meg 50 wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 19:36
Stephen wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 14:55
Who are ‘They’ Meg?
the shareholders benefits @ carnival email

Thanks Meg.

The reason I asked is I use HL.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

I use HL too Stephen.I was a little surprised when you submitted your request for June.! I normally request about 4 weeks before.
Mel

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

So was I.
I did ask HL how far ahead I can request my Carnival share perks and was surprised they replied ‘whenever you please’.

Mind you I’ll probably have to wait to nearer the time before I get it. It’s not much for this cruise but better than nothing.
Last edited by Stephen on 29 Feb 2024, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I normally request it once I have paid the final balance.
John

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I have just downloaded the Stockperks app and completed all the necessary details including a screenshot of my share holding. Not sure what happens next as it's not clear so I have contacted shareholders benefit to seek further advice.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

oldbluefox wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 15:13
I have just downloaded the Stockperks app and completed all the necessary details including a screenshot of my share holding. Not sure what happens next as it's not clear so I have contacted shareholders benefit to seek further advice.
You will receive a message from stockperks advising when your application has been accepted, then from the carnival page you press eligible And choose the cruise line your booking is with,press redeem perk and then simply fill in the details requested and press confirm and await the confirmation that your OBC has been applied to your booking.
Remember you have to have paid the balance and it is more than 3 weeks before your cruise.
John

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I saw the Redeem your perk button but mine was greyed out, presumably until they verify my holding.
Thanks John 👍

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

they said they'd send the verification notice within 2 or 3 working days - ours was mighty quick ( arrived 3pm on Saturday!)

Duly followed the next set of instructions and it now says:

" Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise (Booking ........ departing on ....) has been successfully submitted to P&O Cruises (UK).

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either:
Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by P&O Cruises (UK); or
Request for more information regarding your application.

Thank you for being a loyal CCL shareholder and a member of Stockperks!"

Just as well I have now acquired a smart phone ( only had one for 6 weeks!)
Meg
x

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I wonder if P&O will be selling smart phones to those who don't already have one and without which you won't be able to claim shareholders' credit. It's not good for those who don't have a smart phone.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

oldbluefox wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 11:56
I wonder if P&O will be selling smart phones to those who don't already have one and without which you won't be able to claim shareholders' credit. It's not good for those who don't have a smart phone.
You can download Apps to a laptop, tablet or a pc just as easily as a smart phone, in fact you probably have loads of apps already preloaded onto your laptop.
Last edited by towny44 on 04 Mar 2024, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.
John

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

just got this from Shareperks:

"Unsuccessful OBC Application
Dear M...
Unfortunately, your application for onboard credit on your upcoming reservation (Booking .... departing on .....) has not been approved as it did not meet the Terms & Conditions. Specifically, you are not eligible for the onboard credit because:
There is already an onboard credit applied to this booking.
If you believe there has been a mistake, please contact shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com.

If you have any questions about the process on the Stockperks app, please contact carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

Thank you for being a loyal CCL shareholder and customer. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!"

Basically in spite of P&O telling me (Twice) that I needed to apply thro' Shareperks- they still processed my claim - and got there first!

just waiting for the revised confirmation of booking now
Meg
x

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Are P&O now automatically applying the OBC now instead of having to apply for it?

I had a similar situation as Meg whereby P&O said that my recent final invoice already had the OBC in it. Strange that, as my previous invoice middle of last year showed the same amount of OBC back then way before I even applied for it.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

david63 wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 10:29
Looks as if this is about to end, or at least not available for the next 12 months.

There is no mention of shareholder OBC in the Carnival 2024 Annual Report nor in April's Notice of AGM.
Carnival have extended shareholder benefits to end of 2024 ... have just applied for October before they change their minds.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Stephen wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 16:51
Are P&O now automatically applying the OBC now instead of having to apply for it?

I had a similar situation as Meg whereby P&O said that my recent final invoice already had the OBC in it. Strange that, as my previous invoice middle of last year showed the same amount of OBC back then way before I even applied for it.
No, I had to apply for it. It was shareperks who said it was already there, not P&O ( I hope).

awaiting the revised confirmation.

I'll report back
Meg
x

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Just received this from the TA::

"The new Stockperk app is a law unto itself, but glad you got it sorted one way or another.

I have just requested an updated P&O invoice to show the OBC (it is showing on the system) and when the Admin team pick it up tomorrow they will send it over to you.

You now have £430 total OBC for your cruise"

I had £280 before - showing on my current statement
Meg
x

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

towny44 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 15:19
oldbluefox wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 11:56
You can download Apps to a laptop, tablet or a pc just as easily as a smart phone, in fact you probably have loads of apps already preloaded onto your laptop.
That's interesting because somewhere along the line I read it could not be downloaded to a desktop. Tbh I prefer working from my desktop rather than using the phone.

Return to “P&O”