Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Hello everyone :wave: ,
I have returned from Wales and had a wonderful time. I had the pleasure of visiting Dave& Sheila and Susan & Tony both couples live in North Wales. We also had the pleasure of Tony and Janet from Stockport join us on the Saturday. They are joining us on the cruise on 8th/9th November 2013 and all flying out from Manchester and looking forward to meeting you all.

Burnley, you quoted
“Nobody posting on here any more? I enjoyed the banter & more importantly the information! Come on guys where are you?”
I don’t know where everyone is who is joining the cruise on October 25th ,looks as though we are going to have a great big ship to ourselves. BUT we must continue to post Burnley and hopefully some others will soon join in. I expect it is difficult if some people don’t know where to find us. I have tried FB P&O but no luck there either.

Jasper ,
Please do not worry or put yourself under any pressure as regarding trying to fit in with any of our schedules, I am sure your friends will wish to participate in some trips to explore the Caribbean on their own or with you and Sue.
Craig, you know that you can wait till the last minute and join us at any time if you wish to do so and even if you venture off on your own, your sure to trip over one of us lying on a beach somewhere. :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hello, Does anyone know when the seats on the flights become available to book for this cruise?.

Thanks Jasper.

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Jasper wrote:
Hello, Does anyone know when the seats on the flights become available to book for this cruise?.

Thanks Jasper.
I'm not sure Jasper, I would imagine it will be round about the time that the "Cruise Peronaliser" becomes available to book trips & extra's etc; so I should imagine July or August, as I think they open it about 3 months before we sail, 90 days seems to ring a bell :? Failing that, presumably you will need to contact the airline direct. :?

Granville.

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Alan Janice White »

Hi everybody,
Yesterday we returned from the final part, - Mumbai to Southampton - of the Aurora 'worldie', so we are once again 'in communicado'. It was a lovely cruise and great weather with good food and very few moaners. We also did the 'Indian Triangle' P&O pre-cruise tour, - New Delhi, Agra & Jaipur, which was hard going but very interesting and very enjoyable with a great group (25 in number) of people, led by an excellent tour company, - 'Uni-Globe'

In reply to some previous postings on the subject of pre-booking tours; we wanted to visit Jerusalem and were concerned that it would be full if we waited until we got on the ship so we decided to book in advance on cruise personaliser. However, we were informed that it was already full so we booked 'Nazareth and the Sea of Gallilee' instead. Yes! we did have to pay in advance, by credit card. When we arrived on board though, we found that Jerusalem was not full at all and were informed that we could transfer to the Jerusalem tour. We couldn't be bothered and did do the Gallilee tour, which was superb, so we were not too disappointed.
I can't comment on the relative prices between pre-booking and ship prices, but we did get our 10% discount.

Look forward to reading the news.

Alan & Janice

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Hello, Alan and Janice :wave:

Welcome home, glad you had a wonderful cruise, look forward to hearing all about it when we are lying sipping cocktails and enjoying the sun on a beautiful Caribbean beach.

I thought I had already posted this following information for you all to read. :yawn: Not really
Scott and I returned on Monday from Wales where we spent a fantastic few days visiting our friends whom we have met on previous cruises :thumbup: .
We started off by staying with David & Sheila in North Wales for a few days then moved on to Tony & Susan’s in Brynford ,North Wales. We were joined by Tony and Janet from Stockport on the Saturday.That evening we all went for a beautiful meal together and it allowed Janet&Tony and Susan &Tony and David & Sheila the opportunity to meet each other before we all join the Ventura in November. Wales is a beautiful place and we are sorry that we had never visited Wales before and we are looking forward to returning in the future :lol: . (That is if they will invite us back again) Only kidding, we have already been invited to return.
David, Sheila, Janet Tony ,Janet & Susan are all on the Ventura cruise from 8th/9th November. Tony& Susan and David & Sheila are flying from Manchester airport on the 9th and Janet & Tony on the 8th, so hopefully some of you will meet up with them in the airport before joining the flight out to Barbados. You may wonder why I am telling you all about our friends, well it is because we have been so very lucky over the years while cruising to have met such lovely people and our friends above are just some of them.
Janet & Tony and Scott and myself have been cruising every year since 2003 (we met in Southampton terminal while waiting to embark the Aurora) and still enjoy every minute of cruising together, and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.

We have also been very lucky to have previously met up with Jasper and Sue and Shona & Jim on the same cruise in November 2010 and in
November 2011 we had the pleasure of meeting Phil & Sue along with David & Sheila.
We are looking forward to meeting you all. So let's get this show on the road and get started with the banter.

David,Jasper,Phil,Granvile where are you all :roll:
Happy to talk about anything. Shoes,dresses, jewellery,swimwear, and of course the ladies can join in toooooo.
Jasper,Phil, we are even happy to tolerate moderate insults, as long as we get the banter going.
There must be others on this cruise after all there are plenty of people reading our posts.
So come on all of you who are reading our posts, why not drop us a little line. At this moment in time we would be happy to hear from anyone.(Only kidding).
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

In case anyone wishes to learn to speak Chinese in 5 minutes! :lol: Say these out loud.

ENGLISH PHRASE...CHINESE TRANSLATION

1)."That's not right"...............Sum Ting Wong

2)."Are you harboring a fugitive?"..Hu Yu Hai Ding

3)."See me ASAP"....................Kum Hia Nao

4)."There goes Stupid Man"..........Dum Dum Wa King

5)."Small Horse"....................Tai Ni Po Ni

6)."Did you go to the beach?".......Wai Yu So Tan

7)."I bumped into a coffee table"...Ai Bang Mai Ni

8)."I think you need a face lift"...Chin Tu Fat

9)."It's very dark in here".........Wao So Dim

10)."I thought you were on a diet"..Wai Yu Mun Ching

11)."This is a tow away zone".......No Pah King

12)."Our meeting is next week"......Wai Yu Kum Nao

13)."Staying out of sight!".........Lei Ying Lo

14)."He's cleaning his automobile"..Wa Shing Ka

15)."Your body odor is offensive"...Yu Stin Ki Pu

16)."Great".........................Su Pah

"Oh this is hard work"

Expecting a reply from Phil :think:

Enjoy Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Surely you've got something better to do?!!! :crazy: Must admit it brought a smile to my face :-) I can see that you are trying to get a reaction from someone, anyone in fact! :clap: wish I had some pearls of wisdom for you but I tend to be a 'follower' rather than a 'leader' :?

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Pat, think you might be posting in the wrong place. Have you tried the joke area or even Stephens Mornin' all ? Most Chinese sayings I know are a bit too rude for your delicate ears ;) But staying with an Asian theme, Indian with one leg...... Ballan Singh, Indian at a Disco....... Bin dan singh
Bye for now
Phil

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Pat, think you might be posting in the wrong place. Have you tried the joke area or even Stephens Mornin' all ? Most Chinese sayings I know are a bit too rude for your delicate ears But staying with an Asian theme, Indian with one leg...... Ballan Singh, Indian at a Disco....... Bin dan singh
Bye for now
Phil
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phil
New you would't let me down, now I know why Sue has purchased all of the new shoes ? so as that she can go Dan Sing.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY
The heart of an excellent person resembles the coconut, which, though hard without, contains refreshing water and delicious food within.
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

What do you call a lady who is burning a gas bill?.....Bernadette

What do you call a man with bird muck all over his face?......Cliff

What do you call a man with a spade on his head?.......Doug

What do you call a man with no spade on his head?......Douglas

What do you call a man with a car plate on his head?.......Reg

What do you call a man with a 'R' car plate on his head?.....our Reg.

Am here all week.......

Jan1403
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jan1403 »

Just logged into Cruise Personaliser and found that flight details are now showing! We fly out of Manchester on Friday 8th November at 8.00am with Thomas Cook Airlines.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Jan1403 wrote:
Just logged into Cruise Personaliser and found that flight details are now showing! We fly out of Manchester on Friday 8th November at 8.00am with Thomas Cook Airlines.
Thanks Jan,as we are only flying one way at that is back to the UK on 22nd I will have a look on Cruise Personaliser.

When we booked this cruise in April 2012 we intended to book two premium class seats but P&O informed us not only are we required to pay for reserving our seats as well as the additional £200 per head on the return flight but that we were also required to pay for 2 premium seats on the ourward journey which we will not be flying on.

So needless to say we will not be in Premium class.

I have also an ongoing issue about having to pay for reserving two seats on the outbound flight to Barbados which again we will not be flying on as we embark the Ventura in Southampton on 25th October. Watch this space.
HAPPY CRUISING

Juscrusin
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Juscrusin »

Hi Pat
We were on the 3 week transatlantic last Nov on Ventura but unfortunately we cannot do the same this year as I cannot get the last week in October off work (school holidays so already bagged by those with school aged children). :(
Did see you and the others a few times during last Novembers cruise (I lived in the same town as Moses!!)

This year we have booked the transatlantic and following two week cruise on Azura leaving Southampton on 1st Nov returning on the 29th instead. :D
Am I reading your comment correctly do we have to pre-book both inward and outward flight seats even tho we are only using them coming home? We have booked premium before as well but the last couple of times decided it is just not worth the extra and booked a pair of seats (window & aisle) which were absolutely fine hoping to do this for our flight home in November hopefully we wont have to pay for both ways! :cry:

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Juscrusin wrote:
Hi Pat
We were on the 3 week transatlantic last Nov on Ventura but unfortunately we cannot do the same this year as I cannot get the last week in October off work (school holidays so already bagged by those with school aged children). :(
Did see you and the others a few times during last Novembers cruise (I lived in the same town as Moses!!)

This year we have booked the transatlantic and following two week cruise on Azura leaving Southampton on 1st Nov returning on the 29th instead. :D
Am I reading your comment correctly do we have to pre-book both inward and outward flight seats even tho we are only using them coming home? We have booked premium before as well but the last couple of times decided it is just not worth the extra and booked a pair of seats (window & aisle) which were absolutely fine hoping to do this for our flight home in November hopefully we wont have to pay for both ways! :cry:

Hi Juscrusin, yes I remember you both from P&O Community Forum last year and your Avatar. Both looking very lovely sanding on the sand in the Caribbean,at least I hope it was you both :lol:

Last November's cruise was wonderful. If you see Moses,that is if you still live in the same town as him,please tell him we will be looking out for him Oct-Nov.
Moses and Hanna are such a lovely couple.
As far as I have been lead to believe yes we do require to pre-book both inward and outward flights even tho we are only using them coming home. As far as I am aware that is because it is not a 21day cruise (like last year) but two fourteen day back to back cruises. In March 2012 when Azura sailed out from Barbados back to Southampton on a 14 day back to back cruise our fiends had to pre book both inward and outward flights(because when they tried to pre-bok seats it would not allow them to pre-book ouward flight seats only) even tho they were sailing home. However, we did meet other people who had also been on for 28days and they only had to pre-book outward flights only .
I will once again contact P&O tomorrow regarding this issue,but expect to be told same as last time (I hav to contact Thomson's).

When I get clarification on this issue I will post you again to update you, and would appreciate it if you get further information regarding the same,could you please update me accordingly. WHATEVER the outcome I hope you both have a wonderful cruise on the Azura, she is such a beautiful ship,we have already booked Azura for March 2014 on a 14 day cruise,so we will not have this issue then.

Regards Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

( Re- SueandPhil's posting on Cruise Critic' forum ...)

Phil,
Who is the Cruise Director on Ventura in November ?

Alan

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

It is the leg end, the one and only Hughie Taylor

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Sue and Phil,

Thank you for the information. Perhaps I should not have been so quick to enquire.

Alan.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Phil, at least we do have something in common with him,we all like CAKE.

However, don't think he will be attending the meet&greet this year (we won't tell him that it is being held in your cabin :shh: ) But then again as far as I recall he was not invited last year but he did manage to gatecrash our mad hatters tea party :lol:
Alan, Phil is always very complimentary :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

P&O Community up and running again, however,
you can only gain entry to community pages by https://www.pocruises.com/community/forum
The community page has been replaced by P&O Med Cruises.

it states on the community forum page.There is a license error on this site:
10.35.0.17 is not a valid ip-address.
The Web site remains functional, but this message will be displayed until the license error has been corrected.

To correct this error:

Ensure that you have a valid license file for the site configuration.
Store the license file in the application directory.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT :evil:
If you do not have a license file, please request one from EPiServer License Center.

I DON'T HAVE A CLUE DOES ANYONE ELSE :think:
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Granville, we are not alone leaving on 25th Oct.

I managed to gain entry into P&O Community and found the following people on this cruise also. :lol:
Pater &Debbie, Emily&Andy, Sunjunkilli, Gafman & Rosie (Mum) and JudgeBurridge. :clap:

also
on 8/9th Nov the following people.
The Townhill2.Bic & Family of 8, Mary Doll/GWR, RT86, :clap:

We are gathering in number now,just hope we all meet each other on the forum before we are due to sail. :roll:
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Pat, wasn't Mary Doll on the Caribbean cruise with us last time?

Jasper

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Jasper wrote:
Pat, wasn't Mary Doll on the Caribbean cruise with us last time?

Jasper
Jasper,you may be right but I cannot put a face to her/his Avatar :(

Have you tried to gain entry to PO Community forum yet I did notice that it stated that you had posted 11hrs ago.
Unfortunately I am still unable to post think I will give up on this site.

Building progress now into second week come Monday and I have now decided to have another additional interior wall removed :roll: Scott said house will fall down if I decide to remove any more walls, he said I missed my vocation I should have been an interior designer. By the time this project is finished I think we will be left living in a square box or perhaps even a cardboard box. Never mind we can always move onto another project.
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Pat,

Would a set of 'Acrow Jacks' be any use to you. But by the sound of things you ( or perhaps Scott / the builders) will probably need more than one set.

Alan.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat,

Would a set of 'Acrow Jacks' be any use to you. But by the sound of things you ( or perhaps Scott / the builders) will probably need more than one set.

Alan.
Thank you Alan for your suggestion , it's nice to know that someone else is interested :roll: .
Alan, 'Acrow Jacks' I believe are to support and hold up a heavy old truss. Scott, stated that he has been doing that for the last thirty eight years :o .
I can't imagine what he means :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Just received our "Air Notification". Studying it I realise that, unless we get up at the crack of dawn, (no chance :yawn: ) we will not be able to see much of Barbados, as we have to be at the airport no later than 11.05. That means lunch in the airport! Wow a real treat! How I look forward :crazy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”