Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Royal Princess Preview Cruises

Post by Debbie W »

I've seen this posted in a couple of places elsewhere so thought I'd share:

Princess Cruises has announced two preview cruises on board Royal Princess, giving passengers an opportunity to get a taste of the new ship before the official maiden voyage on June 16.

The cruise line said it is releasing details of the previews after being badgered by agents impatient for news of the sailings.

The June 9 and June 14 cruises will sail roundtrip from Southampton on a two-night itinerary featuring a call in St Peter Port, on the island of Guernsey.

Both voyages will go on sale on January 29 at 2pm to passengers already booked on the maiden voyage, and January 30 at 2pm to all other customers. Fares start from £349 per person for a balcony stateroom.

Paul Ludlow, Princess Cruises UK director, said: “Passengers and agents have shown great interest in these preview cruises and have been eagerly awaiting the chance to book. Therefore, we are delighted to be offering them the opportunity to experience Royal Princess on these two sailings."

I'd really love to book one of these sailings to get a look at the new ship.

Debs

Topic author
Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Royal Princess Preview Cruises

Post by Debbie W »

I've just spoken to my TA and only balcony cabins are available (the insides are block booked :( ) starting from £339 for an obstructed view balcony.

Not too sure I can justify the cost for 2 nights plus the associated costs of travelling to and from Southampton :cry:

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Sounds interesting but not doable for us.
It sort of makes a mockery of the concept of 'maiden voyage' though ... I know many people love maiden voyages but my concern (rightly or wrongly) is that there would be a lot of teethin troubles and they would not be the really special experience one expects.

Topic author
Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

That's what concerns me too Ken. I did wonder whether the fact there were no inside cabins available was that they were reserved for contractors finishing off the last bits and bobs on the ship.

We're still mad keen to try Royal Princess but we're veering more to doing a full cruise on her in 2014 when things have bedded down :)

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

She looks like a fantastic ship ... the new P&O one will be very similar.
Julie, is searching very hard for something for 2014 ... big birthday for her and I have been told a bottle of coke and packet of wine gums is not going to cut the mustard :(

Topic author
Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

Kendhni wrote:
She looks like a fantastic ship ... the new P&O one will be very similar.
Julie, is searching very hard for something for 2014 ... big birthday for her and I have been told a bottle of coke and packet of wine gums is not going to cut the mustard :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the big draws for us is the teen facilities which look amazing and Mark is quite keen on the seafood bar (caviar - yuck! :( ). We just need to work out the logistics of a non-flying family getting to the ship assuming she's still based out of Barca next year!

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

What's the issue with flying Debs ... a case of just not liking airports/flights or a nervous flyer?

Topic author
Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

Mark has a phobia of flying and refuses to do it on the basis that 'they all crash in the end'! :shock: DD and I will happily fly but it's not so much of a bind as cruising gets us to most places we want to go to.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I used to do a lot of flying with my job (much less now) and I have been involved in so many minor incidents including aborted take offs, aborted landings, severe turbulence, near misses etc. that it now all washes over me. However one chap I used to owrk with point blank refused to board a plane if I was on the same flight.

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal »

Royal will be home ported in Copenhagen next summer 2014 - at least it's a short flight!

Return to “Princess”