Anything to do with World Cruises

Topic author
Ginger Monkey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

2015 world cruise realease date?

Post by Ginger Monkey »

Hi All

Just found this forum today, after trying to find the P&O Forum, seemingly lost at least for now. Glad to find myself here and thanks to those or who is responsible.

Quick question, does anyone know when the 2015 world cruises will be released, I'm ahead of myself again :P

I did find a link on google to P&O facebook, but gave up after endless scrolling and seemingly no way of searching :tired:

Regards Nigel

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: 2015 world cruise realease date?

Post by Manoverboard »

Hello and welcome

We booked a segment for February 2013 in late July / early August 2011 if my memory serves me correctly but P&O have the ability to move the goal posts without warning ... but mid to end July 2013 is when I would start to look.

ps ... I wouldn't bother with facecloth, this site is much better :clap:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

2014 world cruises were not released for booking until September last year.

Sue

Topic author
Ginger Monkey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Ginger Monkey »

Thanks for the info, I'll just have to be patient! It does seem P&O are tending to leave releases later these days, probably just a reflection of the general financial instability in the world nowadays.

Thanks Nigel

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

but it also means the competition get in first - cos their release dates tend to be earlier
Meg
x

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Be interested to know when the release date for the sectors are, as we would love to do one.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

At one time the full Worldies were released in August / September and the Segments were held back until December but for the past few years many of the segments have been released at the same time as the full and half Worldies ... well that was our experience for 2012, 2013 and indeed 2014 although we are as yet undecided about 2014.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

orchid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by orchid »

Can't wait for the details to be released. We have been on 2 sectors and throughly enjoyed them.

Topic author
Ginger Monkey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Ginger Monkey »

Hi

I've been on two sectors on Arcadia in the past and enjoyed both very much. I like the sense of going somewhere, travelling rather than going round in circles! I can't afford to be away from my business for more than about 3 weeks maximum so I have to make do with sectors. I've worked out a plan to complete our "world cruise" in sectors over the next eight years, with various plausible excuses to justify the need for the various cruises. We started our "world cruise" in 2011 from Southampton to San Francisco on the Arcadia, getting Married just out of Barbados on the way. Getting married on the Arcadia on a world cruise was a fantastic experience and as we were the only Marriage on the whole world cruise it raised us to "celebrity status" 8-) Not that I ever would seek that sort of thing, but the crew and passengers were just great and really made our Marriage/cruise very special. :D

Anyway the latest plan is for a "special cruise" in my 50th year, hopefully going from San Francisco to Auckland or Sydney. With the plan to do Singapore to Southampton in 2021 for a 10 year Wedding anniversary and a fiftieth anniversary of me doing that trip as a child on the 1954 Arcadia in 1971!!

No real rules, but preferably finishing and starting from the same ports, any ships any company. Of course I'm allowing ourselves any other cruises or holidays as and when in between. Anyway you probably think i'm mad, but as I said as I like to enjoy the journey :D

Nigel

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Ginger Monkey

We too got married in 2011 but we were on the Aurora world cruise and you are right about being elevated to a different kind of status. There were two weddings on our cruise and we were treated like royalty and celebs too as when we got to the first port after getting married we were stopped by a couple who asked were we the couple that got married and we said yes and bizarrely they ask if they could take our photo!

Sounds like you have your cruising all planned out. Once you have done one, why do any other type of holiday eh..

Mel

Topic author
Ginger Monkey
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Ginger Monkey »

Mel

I know what you mean, a year latter we were on the Ventura sat in the theatre, when the lady next to me turned round and said, was it you that got married on the Arcadia last year? We went alone looking for a quiet "do", it didn't quite work out like that! Mind you we ended up having a ball and making some very good friends :D . From my experience I would recommend a wedding during a World cruise sector over a normal cruise any day, but we are all different......

Lifes a journey, let it roll!

Regards Nigel

Return to “World Cruises”