River Cruise Review - Avalon Artistry II

Anything to do with river cruising

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Re: River Cruise Review - Avalon Artistry II

Post by JenniC »

M&T... Do you have a copy of your report in one hit and if so could I share it with my brother who as you know is Marketing Manager for Avalon in Australia.. I am sure he would be interested especially as he was on Artistry II at Easter for a photo shoot....
Jenni

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Merv
great review, sounds a good trip and very varied ports of call, we keep looking at river cruises as an alternative
will give it more thought after reading this as they accommodate smokers and jeans wearers as well :thumbup:
Nihil Obstat

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Thank you for your report, which was very interesting reading for me, as we are doing a river cruise next year

We are going with Viking, an 8 night Danube cruise from Nuremburg to Budapest. The price we are paying is virtually the same as your fare, and your cabin sounds the same type as the one we have booked.

From the information I've gathered from the brochure, your description of river boat life sounds very similar to what I've been anticipating.

It sounds as if it'll be a great experience, and I'm looking forward to it very much. Will also be looking forward to a more international clientele, rather than Brits only on P&O. Although we'll be on board for 4th July, so I'm hoping the Americans don't go too over the top about Independence Day!
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
... I'm glad you asked Moby ...
Schnitzels and Black Forest Gateaux you say plus a Menu from Meg ... why have I started to dribble ?

Our only experience of riverboat cruising was many years ago, also on the Rhine by coincidence, and it was casual pure and simple, just wondered if things had changed very much, if at all.

Tell you what, after reading all this I shall be as mad as Hell if they axe our trip due to high water levels.

:clap:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Holiday Planner wrote:
Could you have soft drinks included with dinner as an alternative to wine or beer? (Andrew is teetotal).
Hi, yes you could.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

JenniC wrote:
M&T... Do you have a copy of your report in one hit and if so could I share it with my brother who as you know is Marketing Manager for Avalon in Australia.. I am sure he would be interested especially as he was on Artistry II at Easter for a photo shoot....
Hi Jenni. Probably easiest thing would be if you PM me with you email address and I'll send you the reports as attachments in Word format, then you can forward or edit as you wish.

Belle53
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Belle53 »

Really interesting report thank you, we've been thinking about a river cruise, maybe the Danube, reading this has really given a good idea of what it might be like

Return to “River Cruising”