Gluten Free Dining

Questions from those who are new to cruising

Topic author
Deborah5
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Gluten Free Dining

Post by Deborah5 »

Hi, I went on my first cruise last year (with my aunt)and loved it so much I persuaded my husband to come on one. I know the MDR caters very well for a coeliac but what about the other venues. If we wanted lunch at The Glasshouse would they be able to adapt a meal straight away or would they need notice, likewise the BBQ or Verona at night etc are alternatives readily available. Thanking you in advance Deborah :)

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gluten Free Dining

Post by david63 »

This link gives a little information but not a lot.

Basically, from what it is saying, you will need to give some advance warning of what you will want wherever you wish to eat - unless, of course, there is already something suitable on the menu.

cruisefatboy
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Gluten Free Dining

Post by cruisefatboy »

As previously advised at the evening meal in MDR the Head Waiter will bring round the menus for the following day (for lunchtime & eve in MDR). If you wish to have afternoon tea in MDR advise the HW also for the following day (sandwiches & cakes Gluten free will be put by for you). Some Ships also provide gluten free cabin service at lunchtimes, again check with the HW. For breakfast in both buffet & MDR gluten free toast is always avaliable. Hope this info helps.

Return to “New to Cruising”