Cruise Rituals

Topics that are specific to cruising

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Cruise Rituals

Post by CaroleF »

Well we are nearly down to three weeks until we go - fly cruise from Gatwick. Oh the difference from getting ready for a cruise from Southampton. Before our last cruise, from Southampton, I was just putting things out I wanted to take. Now I'm thinking - do I really want that - can't take that bottle of perfume, it's too heavy - how many t shirts does my husband actually need. He says he 'might' go to the gym - well if he does (I doubt it) then I need to pack his black trainers - they are heavy so I think I might just 'forget' - those together with his black dress shoes are just too much. It's annoying as we are cruising back to Southampton where weight doesn't matter - still I suppose for three weeks away I might just manage to put up with it!

Here's a query for you - son-in-law has kindly offered to take us to Gatwick the afternoon before we fly as we are staying at an airport hotel. When I said thank you he said - no problem it'll get me out of bathtime - they have two young children. So do I accept or am I likely to incur my daughter's wrath when she knows he's not going to be around for bath and bedtime. I think I might be booking a taxi! I must add he's incredibly good and helpful with the children but I know how stressful that time of evening can be.

Carole

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by gilly88 »

on our way to southampton we always clear the M25, breathe a sigh of relief, and then stop at a little cafe/ service stop ,off the A3 to portsmouth sign posted " effingham" ;) it never fails to give a giggle at this point, (apologies to any one who might live here!) Any way they cook the most tasty bacon roll in the world, with loads of brown sauce :thumbup:
we actually come off here, then turn around, and carry on to the M4 to southampton thats how good they are. bliss, we are then offically on holiday.
regards gilly.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

gilly88 wrote:
on our way to southampton we always clear the M25, breathe a sigh of relief, and then stop at a little cafe/ service stop ,off the A3 to portsmouth sign posted " effingham" ;) it never fails to give a giggle at this point, (apologies to any one who might live here!) Any way they cook the most tasty bacon roll in the world, with loads of brown sauce :thumbup:
we actually come off here, then turn around, and carry on to the M4 to southampton thats how good they are. bliss, we are then offically on holiday.
Methinks you are overdosing on the brown sauce - the M4 doesn't go to Southampton! :lol: :lol: :wave:
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Well spotted Shiney, mind you they may wanted to go the pretty route, via Bristol?

Ray
Don't worry, be happy

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

What, and buy me a drink?

No, I'm sure Gilly's got more sense than that, Ray!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

SOS. Gilly was last seen heading north, bacon butty in hand!!! She's on her way to Southampton calling in at Bristol, Warwick, Warrington, Doncaster and Norwich :lol: :lol:

Sorry Gilly :lolno:

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by gilly88 »

:shh: oy! go away for a few days and come back to a ribbing :wave:
yeh sorry i obviously meant the M3, stillthanks for the laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
regards gilly.

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

gilly88 wrote:
on our way to southampton we always clear the M25, breathe a sigh of relief, and then stop at a little cafe/ service stop ,off the A3 to portsmouth sign posted " effingham" ;) it never fails to give a giggle at this point, (apologies to any one who might live here!)
we used to live near Effingham and son played football against them and yes they were always effingham :lol:
Jenni

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by gilly88 »

:wave: hi jenni i knew someone would live there :wave:
regards gilly.

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Near there, bit out of our league property wise - posh in other words..... ;)
Jenni

gilly88
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by gilly88 »

:) wouldn't know about the houses, only go to a wooden shed / cafe in the country park :lol:
regards gilly.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”