AZURA 313N

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

AZURA 313N

Post by ChrisB »

Who elso is coming along? We did this cruise on Azura last September, Fab.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: AZURA 313N

Post by haveabeer »

Hi ChrisB

We are on this cruise did more or less same cruise last year on Arcadia never sailed on Azura but really enjoyed Ventura 3 times
not that long to wait now looking forward to some sun
Our good friends Jo and Ken will be joining us so just look for 4 people really enjoying themselves
Hope we see you on board
Dave

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Haveabeer,

We were on Ventura last April and October. I believe you were on one of those cruises too. Your were also on our Ventura Cruise in July 2009.

We have sailed on Azura about 6 times. It is our favourite ship. Last year as we sailed out of Venice, we had booked a table outside in seventeen, we were late sailing and as we left the sun was setting and we had the most beautiful sail out you can imagine.

If you like Ventura you will love Azura.

Chris
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Hi Chris
Last cruise was August last year when we sailed on Arcadia we had a fantastic time, Venice was very special this cruise we had breakfast on the balcony and truly magnificent sail in very hot day we sailed at midnight and the went on deck and treated to a very romantic sailaway with opera being played in the background something we will never forget.
But the real highlight for us was Montynegro it was stunning and vowed to go back one day
We where on Ventura 2009 twice once in May again in September and the following year as well 2011 we sailed on Aurora
Dave

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Haveabeer, I was sure your were commenting on the same cruises as me over on the P & O site. Oh! well, another senior moment.

We have had a holiday in Montenegro, before their war. When it was Yugoslavia. We did visit many places in that country and found them all stunning. The food was c--p, but the scenery great.

We have just come back from a couple of weeks in Tenerife. So lovely and sunny around 78f each day. Looking forward to the cruise in May.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Hi Chris

No much as i would loved to have had two cruises last year sadly only the one on Arcadia to Venice last cruise on Ventura was 2010 think it was May

Really excited about Azura we have a balcony super delux this time with map and flowers and our own P&O Slippers and bathrobes :D our friends are a couple rooms down from us we are on D Deck Aft
Dave

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Hello Chris and Haveabeer

I am on this cruise as well. I think we were all in the group on the P&O forum. I am a single traveller and this will be my fourth cruise alone, but my 13th in total. I am looking forward to Venice especially the sail in and out, this will be my first visit.
Hope to see you on board.

Somergirl (TG57)

Mummykins
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Mummykins »

Hubby and I are on this cruise. I have been on Azura once on a cruise to the Fiords. Looking forward to it. We have a balcony on C deck. Splashing out before hubby retires next year. The only ports I have been to are Messina and Malta.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Somergirl and Mummikins,

The sail in and out of Venice is wonderful. If you are on starboard side you will have the best view sailing in, and of course, reversed when sailing out. Dubrovnik is also a lovely place to visit. I hope we do tender to shore and then we will have the best view of Dubrovnik.

Mummikins you are on C deck, so are we. We prefer the C deck balconies, so much larger. We have been to the Fjords on Azura, August 2012 and June 2011.Azura is our favourite ship.

Hope to meet up on board
Regards
Chris

Marlin 48
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marlin 48 »

We will be joining you all on the 31st, we have been to Venice & Dubrovnik once before and wanted to return again as the weather wasn't too kind to us the last time.
This will be our 3rd time on Azura, we were on her last year to the Black sea.
Martin

homersimpson
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by homersimpson »

Hello All

Having been to Venice and Dubrovnic before we are really looking forward to this cruise. Have sailed on Oceana and Ventura so this will be a first for us.
We have a Balcony on C deck and look forward to seeing Malta and the sail into Venice.

Homer.

C and P
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by C and P »

Hi,
We are on this cruise too, compared to other Med Cruises are the Strictly ones likely to be any more or less formal to a usual Med cruise, trying to decide whether to take floor length ballgowns for formal nights or stick to cocktail dresses.
I know either meet the dress code but don't want to stand out and look OTT if I chose the most formal option, any one have experience of either a 17 night or Strictly cruise and how closely the dress code was adhered to?

Thanks in advance
Cheryl

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We did 17 nights last year more or less same ports on Arcadia not a strictly but formal was as normal and so were the other nights
Dave

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

We have just booked this today. Balcony cabin but don't know which deck yet. Hoping for C deck but really not that bothered which deck. Love Venice and Dubrovnik. Looking forward to the SCD element of the cruise. Have been on Azura a few times and are on again in 2 weeks to the Caribbean. Will have to get straight back on diet when we get back in readiness for this cruise.

Sue

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Hi All

I see our excursions are available to book on the P&O site. I have just booked to go to Taormina from Messina. Have been there once before about 10 years ago and loved it really looking forward to a return visit. Think I will DIY at all the other ports. Can anyone give me any suggestions for Corfu? Are there any nice beaches close to the port?

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Somergirl wrote:
Hi All

I see our excursions are available to book on the P&O site. I have just booked to go to Taormina from Messina. Have been there once before about 10 years ago and loved it really looking forward to a return visit. Think I will DIY at all the other ports. Can anyone give me any suggestions for Corfu? Are there any nice beaches close to the port?

Yes quite easy to get to shuttle bus drops you near shopping centre when you get of the bus there are signs to both shops and beach think it was about 10 min walk to beach nice beach
Dave

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

We have just booked the Murano, Burano trip in Venice. As we are in Venice on a Sunday not sure what will be open. We have been a few times but only on cruises so as there was so much to see we havnt ventured to the other islands. Looking forward to this trip but will probably DIY the other ports.

Quite fancy the taomarina one from Messina but 1 and 1/2 hours each way on a coach doesn't appeal.

Sue

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Sue

We did the Murano, Burano trip. Those two islands were really worth the visit. On Burano all the houses are different colours. Each family has
the same colour for their house or appartment. So as you look around you can see all the blue houses belong to the same family, all the green etc. So pretty. I am sure you will enjoy.
Regards
Chris

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Suekersh wrote:
We have just booked the Murano, Burano trip in Venice. As we are in Venice on a Sunday not sure what will be open. We have been a few times but only on cruises so as there was so much to see we havnt ventured to the other islands. Looking forward to this trip but will probably DIY the other ports.

Quite fancy the taomarina one from Messina but 1 and 1/2 hours each way on a coach doesn't appeal.

Sue
Hi Sue, we did the Taormina trip a few years go and I don't think it was even an hour travelling on the coach. We did have a bit of a delay when setting off because the coach hit a police car. Taormina's lovely but it was too foggy to see aunt Etna.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all,
Only 7 weeks tomorrow. We still don't know our cabin number but it all adds to the excitement. Still not decided about Taomarina from Messina.

I am planning which dresses to take with me for formal and semi formal. It is difficult with it being a Strictly cruise I think there might be a lot of long glittery ones about but just not sure.

The dancing on our last cruise was all in the Atrium but I think with it being Strictly they will probably put some dancing on in the other venues.

I have been back at work for a week now so definitely ready for another cruise. The countdown has begun!

Anyone else excited?

Sue

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Hi Sue

Excited - Oh yes, I am already finding it difficult to concentrate at work!!

I have also been planning my evening wear, and just had to buy a new dress, even though I have plenty already. Just need to get a couple of things shortened now. Think I will be going for three long and two short for formal evenings.

It is over a year since my last cruise February 2012, Ventura in the Caribbean and that seems a lifetime ago now. I have been browsing the brochure for next year already but think I might book while onboard and get the extra onboard credit. Every year I think oh I will go on a different holiday but get drawn back to cruising, it feels a safer way to travel alone.

My only worry is driving down to Southampton, I usually catch the train, but I have free parking so am going to drive this time, it is alot of luggage for 17 nights to manage on the train. Think I will set out early in the hope of missing the peak traffic.

Hope to see you onboard.

Somergirl

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Sue and everyone. Yes I am excited, I always am. I have a list on my computer of all the things I take on holiday, so I will print that off soon. I tick the list as I either put into the cases or hang an the rack, which other half will put up in a couple of weeks time.

Hope to meet some of you once we are on board.
Regards
Chris

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Somergirl,

We often set off from Devon after visiting our son (not this time with it being a Friday sail). We usually leave Devon at about 8am and have a short comfort break at a Little Chef on the way. We arrive in SH just before 11am. We have never had any probs with the traffic at that time.

It would be great to meet up for a drink and a chat on board.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Chris,
I do the same. I have a packing list on the computer which I up date each time we cruise adding new and deleting what I didn't use last time. It is so much easier going from SH no luggage weight to worry about.

Hope to see you on board.

Sue

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Somergirl and Sue, We live just along the South Coast in West Sussex. We have a taxi pick us up at 11.00am and we are usually in Southampton by 11.45am. The 31st being a Friday we may have a bit more traffic. We have priority checkin and then off to Sindu for our lunch and Champagne. Seven weeks today and we will be waiting for that taxi to arrive.
Regards
Chris

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”