X303

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Re: X303

Post by AngieT »

Really sorry to hear your friends have had to cancel the cruise Val. You must have been so looking forward to spending quality time with them & sharing your experiences. I hope their reason for cancelling wasn't due to an illness or something similarly upsetting. We will try our best to cheer you up & hope you manage to enjoy the cruise despite your disappointment.

Angie

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

I am certain we can bring a smile to Valerie,after reading many of the comments on these and crows nest pages.
Three bags packed and weighed all under 20 kg last bag left open for last items out of interest I weighed it 20.5kg oh we'll bit of re packing to do.Ian

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

thankyou all for your kind messages, the reason we cruise so much you always meet such nice people, its how we met our friends on Aurora 10 years ago. My friends dad took ill last week and after a scan found he had an inoperable brain tumour (hes 80) and the diagnosise is 6-12 weeks

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

But on a lighter note I.m just about to start packing David has gone to work - so the packing fairy will commence and he will come home to see it all packed!!

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Only a few jobs to do now,just tidy up after the mayhem of packing.
One last committee meeting this afternoon with our camping group,then our last night at home.
Taxi at 11am tomorrow to the hotel.
When we booked this cruise it seemed so far in the future but it's here now.Ian

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Sorry but everytime I look at your avatar, you look like you are peeing over the wall LOL

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Bon voyage everyone, hope you all have a fantastic cruise :D

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

Time to get the bags down from the attic. Apart from worrying whether or not there are any table tennis tables on Oriana we're raring to go.

Found some rather interesting nightspots for New Orleans and will be printing out some maps and info later.

See you all Monday/Tuesday.

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Valerie,finally been caught out it's taken awhile.
Our wives took the photo of us looking out to the Adonia and saying,
I told you we should have come back by 5 o'clock.Ian

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Brilliant! if there was a caption competition on board I reckon you'd win it. got bored with packing done 2 cases, supposed to be restricted to 3 but can't see how thats go to happen, have to wait for David to come home to assess the sitution, he will have to do his boy scout stuff.

skovgaard
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by skovgaard »

Valerie so sorry your friends have had sad news and that they will not be able to join you on this dream holiday .

Do not feel lonely if you see us about please feel free to come join us - Frances and I have diplomas in retail therapy which we find always gives us a high :P we are happy to take you under our wings round the shops
Get your glad rags packed cause this is going to be one long party from beginning to end :lol:

So even though your friends are unable to come you have loads more new friends to make & see

:D

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

OMG! No! :shock:
We had a lady like you two on X102 and we toured around the islands together.
Cost me a fortune. :o
Going to have to keep Tina well away from you now. :lol:

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Sorry David but I love retail therapy too so Tina doesn't stand a chance!

Thanks for your good wishes Wina - no doubt I will bore Bronwyn with tales of our cruise when I see her at York in May - and she can bore me with tales of her cruise in return!

Ian - love the caption to your photo! Maybe we should have our own caption competition whilst on the cruise as Valerie suggests. Towards the end of the cruise we can bring the photo's we've taken & give them captions. We can get someone to judge them independantly to find the winner!

Just sorting & paying bills for the coming month (can't be bothered doing it online from the ship - my holiday time is too precious).

Angie

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Great idea Angie! Have just tried to book 2 excursions for David (would bore me to tears) but both are waitlisted so we shall have to see. for those of you travelling down today safe journey and bring your wellies its hissing down here and forecast all day. three cases packed and two to go couldn't fit into three so now four large and one pull along filled with grog!!

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Hi everyone soon be 11 am and taxi will be here.
Safe journey to you all.
If you see an Oap with threadbare clothes looking sad ,a can of Guinness will cheer him up.
I wonder are there any low walls on Oriana?.Ian

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Please Ian, not after consuming a can of Guinness - I wouldn't want to be the person standing underneath :o

Everyone travelling down today - have a safe journey & I hope the weather doesn't cause you a problem.

David & Esther - have a safe journey down from Scotland tomorrow - I hope the weather is kind to those of us travelling tomorrow!

Getting giddy now - only ONE MORE SLEEP :clap:

skovgaard
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by skovgaard »

Bon Voyage ship mates we are heading of at 1pm today, I will try to spot some of you tomorrow at departures :crazy:

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

And a good journey to all from us too. Really looking forward to meeting old and new friends on board the lovely Oriana.

We'll be setting off around midday, got a re-fuelling stop first and then just ordered a new cabin luggage bag from Argos so Tina's got an easy "carry-on" plus I need a new one for my trip to Switzerland when we get home.

Just the last few jobs to do before we set off now, kiss the motorbike goodbye (and the kids) and then off we go for a leisurely drive down the M6, M40, A34.

See you all soon.

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Arrived Southampton , had lunch and a couple of Guinness's.
From our hotel room we can see the Saga Ruby,sad to see a sick cruise liner.
Hope to meet some of you tomorrow.Ian

AngieT
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by AngieT »

Wish I was in Southampton already - just sat down for first time today after caring for elderly mum in law, doing her shopping, dropping stuff off at my mum's and my brother's, doing the ironing, vacumning & last bit of packing! Just about to jump in the bath to luxuriate in the knowledge that my holiday starts now (Ray is putting the pizzas in for dinner)!

And it's absolutely throwing it down (rain & sleet) here. Roll on tomorrow and see you all very soon,

Angie

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

And here we are, 40 miles from Southampton having a coffee then off for evening meal around 7.
A short journey tomorrow and we'll see you all on board.

Topic author
incawat
Cadet
Cadet

Post by incawat »

Today is the day after so long,Oriana is in so first breakfast then a walk into town to buy those items we never knew we wanted.It is always a big surprise to me.
Hope it keeps fine and we arrive at the terminal dry.Ian

prefdavid
Cadet
Cadet

Post by prefdavid »

Hooray! Just having breakfast before driving the last 30 miles to Southampton. See you all soon

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Have a great time all of you :D
Jo

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oriana”