Last One to Post Wins

Keep all games together

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Last One to Post Wins

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

There's nowt wrong with my prostate that a reamer wouldn't fix. Well that and a quick zap with a ray gun.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Last evening we had our first rain, stair rods for a while but it passed quickly. Unlike the rain we had continues thunder and lightening for a good 20to30 minutes.
A lot fresher this morning
Don't worry, be happy

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Are we all turned on and tuned in?

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Having a quick listen. Was listening to a tune which then got cut short for the 8 o’clock news.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Sadly the 8 o'clock news happens at 8 o'clock whatevwr else we might want to do! But we do usually manage it better. So who are the Take 2?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Tuned in at 08:17 ... gawd knows what Merv was singing about, a right racket it was too :thumbdown:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 08:03
Sadly the 8 o'clock news happens at 8 o'clock whatevwr else we might want to do! But we do usually manage it better. So who are the Take 2?

Friends of take 1

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Colonoscopy tomorrow. Great to have something to look forward to. Up periscope!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 18:17

Not that bad Merv. Go for the sedation though just to take the edge off.
I found the Movieprep before hand was the worst bit. The actual Colonoscopy took no time at all.

Bottoms up :thumbup:
Last edited by Stephen on 02 Aug 2021, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

All the best, have the sedation and don't forget to post the pics :wave:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 08:51

All the best, have the sedation and don't forget to post the pics :wave:
Only so long it is certified X rated
All the best Merv, never had the film crew go in that end.. Take care. :thumbup:
Don't worry, be happy

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Stephen wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 08:07
I found the Movieprep before hand was the worst bit. The actual Colonoscopy took no time at all.

All done. Polyp gone and 99% certain it's benign, subject to histology confirmation. Now just need a Nana Nap and a damned good f**t!
Don't forget to post the pics :wave:
Damn. Pics didn't come out. Forgot to use the flash.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 02 Aug 2021, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:40
Of course, at such a time one simply doesn't ' flash ' :angel: .

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:40
Stephen wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 08:07

All done. Polyp gone and 99% certain it's benign, subject to histology confirmation. Now just need a Nana Nap and a damned good f**t!
Don't forget to post the pics :wave:

Bet your glad that's all over. If the histology report is anything like mine you'll wait for weeks, if not months for it, and then it goes straight to your GP. All you can do is phone your surgery now and again to see if the results have come back, or check your 'System Online' account occasionally if you have one.

Good news it all went well. :thumbup:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I'm certainly glad it's over. I'm not at all bothered about the histology as the consultant was so confident. Next stop a check up in 3 years. After the year I've had it's great that the only future hospital appointments are all check ups. And I'm still here! And can't praise the NHS staff too highly for the way they've looked after me while coping with the impact of Covid.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

So here is a mystery. Had a call today from NatWest (we checked - it really was) to say there'd been an attempted fraud, using Trish's Debit Card to try to make on-line purchases. They spotted it because the "device" (phone/tablet/PC?) used had been associated with fraud before. Plus we knew it was fraud because the only card we ever use for on-line purchases is my Credit Card. The only exception is on line payments to National Savings, but that is always my card, not Trish's. And she hasn't used her Debit Card for anything in months. ​

So first mystery is how did they get the card details? The bank reckon one of those scanners that can detect stuff, even is a purse. Second mystery, really a question for those who might know, to make an outline purchase you need those three numbers on the back of the card. I'd always assumed they were only printed and not stored electronically since you never need them for Chip and Pin or Contactless transactions. Am I wrong.

But the big one. To make an online purchase you need to provide a delivery address. So why don't the bank liaise with the company where the fraud was attempted and send the boys in blue round? Especially as they are apparently repeat offenders? Seems simple to me. Surely knowing a crime has been committed trumps data protection considerations?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

One can click 'n' collect for most online purchases and / or send the item to any mainland address. meanwhile the bill goes to the card holder.

All the details, including the three numbers on the back, are called back over the phone when making a purchase by phone so anybody could pass them on to such-a-body and nobody would know. The numbers are stored electronically at the issuing Bank because this is the only way the numbers can be checked without seeing the card.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 15:20
One can click 'n' collect for most online purchases and / or send the item to any mainland address. meanwhile the bill goes to the card holder.
If it's click and collect surely the boys in blue could be waiting to nick whoever collected? And no point getting goods delivered to any mainland address if the fraudster doesn't have access to it to bag the loot. Just seems to me they're not trying hard enough to catch these scum. We're lucky, we lost nothing, but others do.
Manoverboard wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 15:20
All the details, including the three numbers on the back, are called back over the phone when making a purchase by phone so anybody could pass them on to such-a-body and nobody would know. The numbers are stored electronically at the issuing Bank because this is the only way the numbers can be checked without seeing the card.
But are the 3 numbers stored electronically on the card or just at the Bank? Trish has never made an on-line or phone purchase so has never had cause to read them to anyone. Indeed has not used the relevant card in months so it has not been in a third parties hands to read the numbers either. There seems little doubt the info was scanned covertly and electronically on Monday while she was out shopping.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 03 Aug 2021, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Then it was presumably scanned ... it is not best practice to carry cards around if they are not going to be used plus one may be best advised to purchase a wallet / purse that is scan proof.

A search on Amazon using ' Scan proof wallets for men ' will reveal umpteen of them, I leave you to tell Trish.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 16:15
Then it was presumably scanned ... it is not best practice to carry cards around if they are not going to be used plus one may be best advised to purchase a wallet / purse that is scan proof.

A search on Amazon using ' Scan proof wallets for men ' will reveal umpteen of them, I leave you to tell Trish.
Yes, we think it was scanned. But that doesn't explain how they got the three numbers as everything I've Googled suggests they're not on the card electronically, the purpose being to ensure the card is physically in the possession of the person making the transaction.

I like the idea of preventing her carrying cards. That could save a lot of money!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 18:58
Yes, we think it was scanned. But that doesn't explain how they got the three numbers
It implies that the card was handled by a n other who noted the numbers in conjunction with a scanner, perhaps in a shopping mall. If so is smacks of organised crime.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:49
Mervyn and Trish wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 18:58
Yes, we think it was scanned. But that doesn't explain how they got the three numbers
It implies that the card was handled by a n other who noted the numbers in conjunction with a scanner, perhaps in a shopping mall. If so is smacks of organised crime.
No it was never out of Trish's purse. Which was never out of her handbag or hand. That's why I am curious how they apparently got the 3 number code.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It has to be an insider job then ... as in you ! :lol:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 10:58
Not me! But I seriously wondered about the former.

We previously had an issue where someone tried to change our address on our banking details, apparently as the first step in getting correspondence sent to them. I challenged how this could happen as there are checks and paper trails whenever such a change is made. I also suggested since the "offender" had provided an address they send the cops round. They refused to do so so I suggested they give me the address and again they refused, quoting data protection! So I suspected then it was either an inside job or a cock up.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 11:19
Manoverboard wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 10:58
Not me! But I seriously wondered about the former.
Highly unlikely.

The only way ( that I am aware of ) anybody could know the three numbers is if they were told or the numbers had been seen. Members of staff have no reason to ask nor do they have any authorised access to such information on the databases, the usual telephone Banking type protection is in the form of a six numbered password.

Return to “Games”