Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Hi Tractor Boy, I'm Anne Edwards. I did join in the meeting place posts on the P&O site so you may remember me from there.
Hi Anne.

There was no way of finding everyone who replied on P&O in the meeting place

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Hi Anne, yes I remember, I wanted to join your team but I wouldnt be much good to you at that time of night :D

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

tractor boy wrote:
Hi Anne, yes I remember, I wanted to join your team but I wouldnt be much good to you at that time of night :D
Ha ha Yes I remember you saying that now

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

No worries about getting quizzical. I'm used to travelling solo and I'll try to find a friendly team to join. Just takes a bit of courage the first night. Not sure what I'd do if the quiz master asked if anyone wanted an extra member and no one answered. Run away sobbing I suppose.

Anyway, I'm really getting excited about the cruise now and keep checking the temperatures for our ports of call. I've booked trips for each one except Lisbon. Particularly looking forward to sherry and horses in Cadiz as I've heard that's really good. I'm doing the cable car in Madeira too although I hadn't realised quite what I was letting myself in for - looks rather scary now...

I was worried about the prices shooting up if I didn't book the trips in advance. This new paying in advance arrangement is a rather a cunning ploy by P&O to get our money in their coffers for longer I reckon!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
No worries about getting quizzical. I'm used to travelling solo and I'll try to find a friendly team to join. Just takes a bit of courage the first night. Not sure what I'd do if the quiz master asked if anyone wanted an extra member and no one answered. Run away sobbing I suppose.

Anyway, I'm really getting excited about the cruise now and keep checking the temperatures for our ports of call. I've booked trips for each one except Lisbon. Particularly looking forward to sherry and horses in Cadiz as I've heard that's really good. I'm doing the cable car in Madeira too although I hadn't realised quite what I was letting myself in for - looks rather scary now...

I was worried about the prices shooting up if I didn't book the trips in advance. This new paying in advance arrangement is a rather a cunning ploy by P&O to get our money in their coffers for longer I reckon!
Anne, my mum is travelling with us and I encouraged her to go to the single traveller events so she could meet other people, not that we won't let her join us. We love the quizzes so you are more than welcome to join us :)

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Hi EmRobo, That's very kind of you - do you do the syndicate quiz at 10.45pm? If so look out for the tallish woman with dark hair hovering uncertainly near the quiz table at the first one, it may well be me.

Also I usually check out the singles coffee get together so I'll look out for your mum. What's her name?

panda53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by panda53 »

You are very welcome to join us also Anne, it is just hubby and myself and we will be at the syndicate quiz. Getting very excited now about the cruise :)

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Don't think we have ever had a go at the syndicate quiz, is that anywhere in particular? Think we have only attempted the ones in the 'English pub bar' but will give anything a go as the kids will be in their club

panda53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by panda53 »

Hi Emrobo, I can't remember where it is on Oceana but I expect it will be well publicised. Are you travelling down on the Eavesway coach?

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Hi Panda

No we are driving down ourselves on the Friday, we usually drive down the day before and stay over at a hotel :)

panda53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by panda53 »

Have a safe trip. Not long to go now :)

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Hi Panda, Thanks for the quiz invite and yes, I'd be very pleased to join you. What do you both look like so I know who to look for. I can't work out how to get my picture on this site but I do post occasionally on the P&O facebook site so you might see me there (I'm Anne Edwards). I'm on second sitting dinner so have to miss coffee sometimes to make the quiz! If Emrobo and partner join us we'll almost have a full team.
Anne

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Yes there will be myself, Husband and my mum

I have brown hair, 5'10'', husband has dark brown hair, and glasses most people call him Harry Potter, and my mum has dark hair and glasses

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Ok Emrobo (is it Emma and Rob?) will look out for Harry. Just hope he's a wizard at quizzing!

Anne

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Ok Emrobo (is it Emma and Rob?) will look out for Harry. Just hope he's a wizard at quizzing!

Anne

Ha ha no unfortunately he isn't!!

You were close, yes its Emma and my surname Robinson :)

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

I am on countdown now!! Last of online shopping has arrived, now our next problem is to get two adults and two children with 2 weeks of nappies in 2 cases!!! Last time we took 3 cases with 'hand luggage' sized bags, and had to carry formal wear onboard (Royal wedding on embarkation so first night was formal).

Now my mum is coming with us we need to fit her two cases in the car too with two pushchairs!!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

just booked our hotel for the night before, so it must be getting close now.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

tractor boy wrote:
just booked our hotel for the night before, so it must be getting close now.
Where are you staying? We booked ours last May when we booked our cruise hee hee

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Emrobo wrote:
I am on countdown now!! Last of online shopping has arrived, now our next problem is to get two adults and two children with 2 weeks of nappies in 2 cases!!! Last time we took 3 cases with 'hand luggage' sized bags, and had to carry formal wear onboard (Royal wedding on embarkation so first night was formal).

Now my mum is coming with us we need to fit her two cases in the car too with two pushchairs!!
I obviously didn't mean to get the 4 of us in one case!!!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

I did wonder if you was trying to sneak aboard in the suitcases. We are staying at Chilworth manor, we usualy stay there as its a lovely old hotel, its got a great little pub just down the road that does really good food. Its about 10 minutes drive from the docks and you can get a room for less than the Holiday inn.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

tractor boy wrote:
I did wonder if you was trying to sneak aboard in the suitcases. We are staying at Chilworth manor, we usualy stay there as its a lovely old hotel, its got a great little pub just down the road that does really good food. Its about 10 minutes drive from the docks and you can get a room for less than the Holiday inn.
I will try anything to get a free cruise :)

Sounds a lovely hotel.

We have actually booked the Holiday Inn by the rose bowl as it was only £40 including breakfast for the four of us, so I couldn't grumble. We will travel down about 10-11am on the Friday and we meet a friend with her children and go to soft play, give the little 'uns a chance to stretch their legs. Just looking for a family friendly pub now, although my friend has given me a few suggestions now.

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

holiday inn is now £64 for a night. I like getting to Southampton the day before because you can start your holiday having only been stuck in the car for 10 minutes instead of 2 and half hours, I would imagine its quite a bit longer for you

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

You must all be busy packing, no one been on hear for a while

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

Busy yes, packing not yet. Cases & bags are down, lists are wrote, last next order done, starting to tie up loose ends with work. Packing will commense next week!! Bring on the madness.

One question do you change money here or on board?

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

I usually get a load of Euros beforehand in M&S. Don't know if it works out any cheaper but it's just one less thing to have to think about. I have found Euros are acceptable pretty well everywhere even when they say local currency is needed. I can't see a canny Casablanca salesman turning his nose up at hard cash. I'll bet all the souvenirs are priced in Euros and dollars.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oceana”